Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nah you're okay Yoss, ta.

Anyway, glad those playing this are seeing the hype. The movement is just immaculate, feels so good.
  • Wasn't bothered but got this because of the great reviews. Title screen music got me screaming like a cheerleader and ever since then I've been impressed, first boss was excellent, movement fluid as fuck, very tense at times. Very much enjoyign it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yoss I really don't fucking care mate. I wasn't aware I needed to do a step by step guide when I've stated there are multiple Google and YouTube guides. It isn't my role. If someone had said to me Google something, I'd have Googled it.

I'm not fucking arsed mate. Really couldn't give a fuck. Let's get back to chatting bout the game.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fair enough, I’ve said what a I’ve got to say. I’ll edit my post as I know it’s been read.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've never played a Metroid game (as in actual Metroid, I've played vanias) and am tempted to grab this as it seems like a good one to start with? Thoughts peeps?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Watched a walkthrough and it's too visually samey for me. Too many claustrophobic metal corridors. I guess Prime 4's the one for a variety of alien planets; if it's even a thing.

DS, write a guide and call it SPOONDREAD
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I've never played a Metroid game (as in actual Metroid, I've played vanias) and am tempted to grab this as it seems like a good one to start with? Thoughts peeps?

It’s a good place to start
  • Switch is full of Metroidvanias many of which are fairly meh (hollow knight being the key exception), this reminds me why it’s my favourite genre - just exquisite.  Even the emmi, undoubtedly the weakest element, has given me a fantastic gaming moment and becomes less annoying as you progress.
    Even the hints on the loading screen are both relevant and helpful.
    10/10 and goty for me.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Had about an hour of this so far and my main takeaway is how fast and fluid the movement is. It is just great just pootling aboot.
  • Trying to buy from Shopto but the website is down. Anyone bought from Base.com before???

I use base.com almost exclusively these days and preorders always come on time from my recollection. Though I’m never bothered about ‘day of release’ as I’m always playing something else anyway. I’ll be putting bravel default 2 on standby till I finish this though.

I loved samus returns remake to bits on 3DS, sounds like this is much better than even that.

Just to say my base.com order for this arrived yesterday. I will continue to spread the good word on base.com. Honestly they are cheaper than shopto a lot of the time too. I have Elden ring on PS5 preordered through them for £45.

They’re cheap, you can cancel preorders super easy and you pay on dispatch. Only thing is if the price changes I don’t think your order does, so you need to keep an eye sometimes in case they drop the price a couple of quid.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finally beat bastard boss but now I'm stuck. Must be missing something.
  • Trying to buy from Shopto but the website is down. Anyone bought from Base.com before???

I use base.com almost exclusively these days and preorders always come on time from my recollection. Though I’m never bothered about ‘day of release’ as I’m always playing something else anyway. I’ll be putting bravel default 2 on standby till I finish this though.

I loved samus returns remake to bits on 3DS, sounds like this is much better than even that.

Just to say my base.com order for this arrived yesterday. I will continue to spread the good word on base.com. Honestly they are cheaper than shopto a lot of the time too. I have Elden ring on PS5 preordered through them for £45.

They’re cheap, you can cancel preorders super easy and you pay on dispatch. Only thing is if the price changes I don’t think your order does, so you need to keep an eye sometimes in case they drop the price a couple of quid.

My copy arrived this morning from Base. :)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Why aren't you flying to Spain and doing it for him, eh? Fuck sake, DS. Unreal. Can't believe you.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I know. I'm an absolute shambles.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Played up to defeating first boss, absolutely love it, controlling Samus is so smooth, the new additions of movement and actions are perfect.

No complaints about the difficulty, it’s hard but not unfair. Go into boss area with no plan, learn its attacks over several attempts and eventually scrape through, gave me great satisfaction.
    Things can only get better.
  • My copy arrived!! Will have to wait until the kids are in bed this evening to play though
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I have but they don't lead anywhere that allows me to progress. Think I've gone through them all. Obviously I've missed something.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There will be one you've missed. As with all Metroids, once you get a new thing you have to use it to progress further.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    There will be one you've missed. As with all Metroids, once you get a new thing you have to use it to progress further.

Hey, this sounds like a Metroidvania.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Had to Google it, fuck sake.
    Spoiler:
  • Kow wrote:
    Spoiler:

This actually got me too for 10 mins

My copy arrived this morning from Base. :)

Wahey! Played the first 30 minutes with my daughter this morning, we would have stayed in bed in pajamas all day playing it if I didn't have stuff to do… lots of fun.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Spoiler:

This actually got me too for 10 mins

I had to Google this too.
  • The. I got DS to come and do it for me anyway. Seeing as he was here, I got him doing some cleaning right now.
  • I hope this becomes a forum meme.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What's a meme? DS could you pop round and show me?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!