Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    What is his stake in this? Who has asked him to get involved? Is he a woman, or trans? Maybe he's just a supporter of women's rights, which is fair enough. But if he is, why is he so against trans women's rights?

He has stated that it comes from supporting lesbian friends who share his POV.

Right so he has no personal stake.

That’s an argument that could be used against anyone trying to be an ally to minorities, which I think he believes he is.
  • True.

I wonder if these lesbian friends asked him to fight their corner for them.
  • Link to the paper please. @kara

And I now see that "glinner" has been tweeting about Jessica Yanniv. Apologies , I didn't make the link. It was a bit weird you posting about him.

That said, I've not seen him been transphobic (though I don't really follow him, you will see from past pages ITT I asked for evidence and no one offered any.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Link to the paper please. @kara And I now see that "glinner" has been tweeting about Jessica Yanniv. Apologies , I didn't make the link. It was a bit weird you posting about him. That said, I've not seen him been transphobic (though I don't really follow him, you will see from past pages ITT I asked for evidence and no one offered any.

I wish I still had it, but it was about 4 twitter accounts and 18 months ago, it was specifically dealing with the number of teenagers who choose to de-transition, if I can trace it back I'll let you know.

I followed him for a couple of years, he followed me as well, then I started to get the feeling I was being used as a prop.

Yanniv is sick twisted evil human being, but also is as much a representative of the wider whole as say Bruce McArthur would be for the Gay community or Fred and Rose West for married straight couples.
  • nick_md wrote:
    What does this BC person have to do with the wider discussion on gender/trans issues?
    It is eminently obvious from my post. Clues: twitter bans, YouTube removals, businesses shut, jobs lost, lives ruined. How can you possibly miss it?
    You're using an extreme to try to justify, I dunno, whatever point you're going for. What was it again?

An extreme what to justify what? This is all in your head my friend.

I am condemning the labelling of decades- long equality advocates as transphobic for actually conducting a debate over what conditions should be sufficient to allow biological men access to women's only spaces and what few women's only privileges society allows.

I think we should have the debate. A law negates the debate. The law is about issuing a GRC. A GRC allows you equal access because you are in law a woman.

A GRC may be too difficult to get. But I don't accept a self description, ipso facto, as a women is the sufficient condition we are looking for - as a general rule***

But merely doing this has resulted in many people being labelled transphobic, being harassed, being attacked, and losing their job.

Twitter and YouTube, the tribunal in Canada, all have lazily caved in to a frenzied, uncritical mob.

Yanniv shows what the result is - real harm. 

It's only in your head that I'm saying, what- Yanniv is a sexual pervert so every trans person is suspect? My post literally pointed out that he has been attacking real trans people with the same tactics.

I am astounded by this topic's ability to stop people thinking rationally. On both sides I should say. It's utterly mental.
  • Edited at *** to make clear that I don't accept self ID as a general rule. While I think Lily Madigan, for example, is an atrociously self-interest ed teenager who is attention seeking and a bad rep, I think labour was CORRECT to allow her on a women's only list subject to only self ID - because it is up to the electorate to decide if a 19yo recently transitioned woman is right for women's rep. They voted her in so that is that. I'm pretty fucking sure if I turned up and just claimed I'm a woman, they would allow me in and the electorate would duly reject me. It's a check against abuse.

Same for toilets. Women's toilet doors close. It's not like men's, where some perv is gonna check out your merguez. 

But waxing salons, changing rooms, baths etc - let women have the debate.
  • nick_md wrote:
    True. I wonder if these lesbian friends asked him to fight their corner for them.

Or maybe it is a sense of solidarity with women, misplaced as it may seem to many?
  • nick_md wrote:
    True. I wonder if these lesbian friends asked him to fight their corner for them.
    Or maybe it is a sense of solidarity with women, misplaced as it may seem to many?

Not really, if a male disagrees they get dismissed with "another man" if a female disagrees they either get ignored or he calls in his posse of usual suspects to "join the debate" and pile on the hapless subject.

after a while it does seem to be somewhat calculated.
  • I see the telltale sign of frenzied vexatiousness from him and the so called "terms". I feel like they started on a certain tone, the exchange devolved to name-calling - and in his case a ludicrous visit by the police - and now they are like a frenzied mob.

It doesn't mean there isn't a point at all anywhere. It doesn't mean we zdismiss the substance of what they say, or what trans people say. 

I see this all the time. Show a clip of a Palestinian saying "death to the yahudis", and here we go: ISRAEL IS RIGHT, CONFLICT SOLVED.

Come on now, you are all cleverer than that, surely?

Let's calmly explain to women who are angry at Lily Madigan that they should have voted if they were in the CLP, if not, accept the vote. She was elected, or no one else stood against her, next time stand, eh.

Next point, etc.
  • I see the telltale sign of frenzied vexatiousness from him and the so called "terms". I feel like they started on a certain tone, the exchange devolved to name-calling - and in his case a ludicrous visit by the police - and now they are like a frenzied mob. It doesn't mean there isn't a point at all anywhere. It doesn't mean we zdismiss the substance of what they say, or what trans people say.  I see this all the time. Show a clip of a Palestinian saying "death to the yahudis", and here we go: ISRAEL IS RIGHT, CONFLICT SOLVED. Come on now, you are all cleverer than that, surely? Let's calmly explain to women who are angry at Lily Madigan that they should have voted if they were in the CLP, if not, accept the vote. She was elected, or no one else stood against her, next time stand, eh. Next point, etc.

With Linehan it isn't about a single case, it's a years long campaign of obfuscation and bullshit, he's either disingenuous or genuinely crazy, either way he is dangerous.

He promotes himself as a white knight without any sense of self awareness, he doesn't even seem to know or care about the origin of the term "woke" so sure he is of his own righteousness, christ he actually thought this was normal.

48359632546_d64a084ca1_o.jpg
  • I'm somewhat concerned that I may have derailed the thread into somewhat murkier waters, so apologies to everyone for that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nah it’s fine. The thread can take it, it has before.
  • He's just an old fart
  • He's just an old fart

He's a bitter old fart with quite a considerable following, including many celebrities who seem to at least echo some of his ideology.

I'm a nobody with a handful of followers, but even 29 of the people that follow me also follow him, including all of the English verified accounts.
  • Probably mums
  • There's some vicious transphobic mums out there. Yeesh.
  • The problem as always for me is that I'm incapable of seeing most issues as purely black and white, but any nuance gets lost in the shouting from both extremes of any given position, stupidity and obfuscation gets amplified in an echo chamber and parroted as if it's the defacto position of any given community, when it's mostly just bollocks, and when it comes to the issue of trans and gender identity an entire section of the community that should be at the centre of the debate, namely trans men, are so marginalised most are scared to speak up and the handful that do are immediately shut down by shouty mobs with arguments of "social grooming" and accusations of fetishism, mutilation and mental illness.

What scares me more though is that if you examine some of the fringe organisations that have sprung up on the anti-trans issue most can trace their funding back to right wing fundamentalist christian groups in the good old US of A, whose agenda doesn't stop with trans people, it goes through homophobia and straight to the anti-abortion lobbies.

Which is hardly renowned for holding a pro-woman stance.
  • So we agree. Calling ppl fucknuckles doesn't really help cut through that. You should take a leaf out of my book, calm as the Buddha
  • Lol
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So we agree. Calling ppl fucknuckles doesn't really help cut through that. You should take a leaf out of my book, calm as the Buddha

No, Linehan is a fucknuckle, I stand by that, but equally whilst I'll talk about shit openly on here, as far as Linehan and twitter goes he'll remain blocked and I stay out of the debate, I get enough abuse from the anti-semitic and comicsgate crowd on twitter without having to deal with that shit as well.

Having to justify your own existence just gets tiresome after a while.
  • What's comics gate?

Pro tip, quit twitter. I just lurk, as and when.
  • As I recall, bastard stepchild of gamer gate, so nerdy incels being fuckheads.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • What's comics gate? Pro tip, quit twitter. I just lurk, as and when.

Twitter can be awesome, the retro gaming community on there is probably the most welcoming of any of the twitter subsets, the comics community is mostly sunshine and rainbows and the wrestling community is pretty decent as well (although they do tend to be little factional).

Thanks to them I've managed to go since April without picking up another ban, which is I think is my second best showing ever.

Comicsgate was a movement against women and minorities in comic books under the guise that they were destroying the medium, it's an offshoot of gamergate fronted by people like Ethan Van Sciver fleecing the gullible through multiple funding campaigns whilst hiding behind the banner of "we just want good comics".
  • Nerds really can't be trusted with a fucking thing.
  • The sooner they can be paired up with really exhausting sexbots the better. Keep them out the way.
  • Aha ok re comics. I'd seen the backlash the other way against cultural appropriation in children's;books or summat. Twitter is utter trash.

Wow I just read https://glinner.co.uk/the-war-on-women-yaniv-special/

And it is. Fucking. Brutal. 

Even if you don't agree with G Linehan,at all, or on many things, you have to admit that self ID enshrined in law is open to abuse. If you think that pointing to Yanniv is a devious is an appeal to extremes, rather than a perfectly acceptable reductio ad absurdem, you must surely see that there must be some exceptions to self -Id, as a check against abuse.

What he has been allowed to get away with, the number of people he has silenced, is astounding. 

He feels so powerful, so free to feed his kink, he puts in an application for kids to go to a pool, alone with him, naked if they want, no parents or guardian.  

Ffffffuuuuuuccckkkkkkk
  • Yaniv (or whoever the fuck he is) appears to be a professional right wing troll persona determined to explore all the legal loopholes allowing him to stab lefty 'identity politics' groups in the back. A bit like Alex Jones from info wars or Milo Yiannopoulos? Wouldn't surprise me if they were funded by the same groups.

But aye, good point on the concept of self id enshrined in law being 'abusable'. I guess that's the point of a character like Yaniv.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Aha ok re comics. I'd seen the backlash the other way against cultural appropriation in children's;books or summat. Twitter is utter trash.

Wow I just read https://glinner.co.uk/the-war-on-women-yaniv-special/

And it is. Fucking. Brutal. 

Even if you don't agree with G Linehan,at all, or on many things, you have to admit that self ID enshrined in law is open to abuse. If you think that pointing to Yanniv is a devious is an appeal to extremes, rather than a perfectly acceptable reductio ad absurdem, you must surely see that there must be some exceptions to self -Id, as a check against abuse.

What he has been allowed to get away with, the number of people he has silenced, is astounding. 

He feels so powerful, so free to feed his kink, he puts in an application for kids to go to a pool, alone with him, naked if they want, no parents or guardian.  

Ffffffuuuuuuccckkkkkkk

Just for the record I don’t agree with self ID.

However I also don’t agree with Graham Linehan in the same way I don’t agree with James Delingpole on Breitbart, there’s a weird sense of glee employed in presenting what they see as a ‘Gotcha’ moment, as I said they’ll be dining out on this one for years to come and using it as a rationalisation and justification for their continued denigration of anybody who doesn’t follow their particularly narrow ideology, whilst simultaneously accusing the other side of the same whilst continuing their “TERF is hate speech” rhetoric.

It truly is a remarkable time to be alive.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The sooner we can see gender identity as a spectrum not a set of boxes the better. It does suck that people won't be able to belong to a 'club' as much as they currently can, but at least they'll be in a bigger and more accepting club. Rather than thinking that they're in a certain bracket and finding out that they aren't quite yet feminine/masculine enough to be accepted in that fine bracket

Also the sooner people stop using gay/drag clubs as a substitute for sex clubs, then maybe people won't immediately see non-hetero as more promiscuous/debauched, and therefore something to be afraid of, to protect our kids from. The sexuality doesn't make the predator, the fact of being a wrong 'un does. Also the concept of female safe spaces, male safe spaces, there's as many pervy twats on either side is there really such a thing??
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Linehan is such a fucking dickhead

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!