ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well when your defence is "friendly with lesbians", then it's not exactly a great defence is it

It's like asking Goebbels for a reference, such a fucking hateful bunch on occasion, opening skit of Alcoholocaust
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s only a response to the question about what his stake in all of this is, nothing beyond that. Argue against him by all means, I just don’t think that’s a good route to do so.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Judging a group by the actions of a minority of that group, especially when you question the actual validity of the whole group by the same is surely the very definition of bigotry
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Not a fan of the way Linehan broaches the subject - as Kara says " there’s a weird sense of glee employed in presenting what they see as a ‘Gotcha’ moment". It's shitty debate, and I dislike it regardless of whichever side it comes from. However, there's absolutely women, not only supporting him, but actively calling on him to stay involved in the debate. So yeah, debate the point, and argue against him - I don't find the "what's his stake?" angle particularly interesting or important.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    True, if we extended the "what's his stake" argument then there would be no white people advocating against racism, men advocating for women's rights, or straight people advocating for gay rights. If none of those things happen then I think we find ourselves a few hundred years in the past as far as attitudes go
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Exactly.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also, there's no need for a woman to be any more "vulnerable" in pub/club bog than on the pub/club dancefloor being as they all have cubicles so have a far greater sense of privacy and security than we have in the gents. Especially with all them pervy queers about, they'll stare at my cock while I'm weeing and then want to rape me, put me on a list, due to my exquisite plodger
  • I love you Cocko, but...
  • But i would totally play with your exquisite plodger.
  • I think I’ve Exquisite Plodger’s first album on tape somewhere. Way better than their follow-up, which ended too quickly.
  • If you're arguing for the rights of POC then you aren't arguing against anyone else's rights, I think? That's the only difference I'd mention; Glinner is arguing against the rights of trans people whilst also arguing for the rights of these supporters of his. If he has women asking him to fight a corner for them then, alright, I guess?

FWIW I don't know if I support self identification, and of the trans people I know, at least one of them doesn't support it (I haven't asked any of them for their opinion tbh, but one person mentioned her stance on the matter). I don't think I should be fighting one way or another as I'm not trans, nor a woman.
  • I think it’s really easy for us to be blasé about how agressively angry some women are about trans rights. From the outside it looks horrible but... the majority of us in here don’t come from the sex that was literally considered property and has for a long time been subject to discrimination on the basis that the vast majority have been lumbered with babies with little real recourse. Cf: men who fuck around make babies and go off into high powered jobs.

It also is apparant to me that there are people who look at the ideological discussion now and feel it would have been dangerous for them if they heard it when they were younger and more vulnerable.
  • https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2019/07/22/philosophers-should-not-be-sanctioned-their-positions-sex-and-gender-opinion

Via Kathleen stock. Was trying to find another link I'd read earlier that pertained to recent discussion, but I didn't pocket it for once.

https://link.medium.com/8M2n0mvdzY

Sadomasochism as liberation?

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yanniv is a abomination that needs put on his arse. Quite happy to crowd fund his lifestyle when he can but you would think if he was getting a wad of cash, he'd be straight into gender reassignment.
    The fact is, he's a fucking paedo using the ultra woke to support him, because as soon as you call him on it, he's screaming 'dead naming' and transphobia, and making it difficult for any real trans person. He helps feed the 'well trans women are just trying to perv on real women' agenda of the Conservative right.
    Did anyone hear that he cut off an interviewer when they started to ask him some tricky questions? He's a piece of shit.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • https://youtu.be/lTr03b_L30s

On Irish radio no less. Interesting first comment on the YouTube video.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Rev wrote:
    Yanniv is a abomination that needs put on his arse. Quite happy to crowd fund his lifestyle when he can but you would think if he was getting a wad of cash, he'd be straight into gender reassignment.
    The fact is, he's a fucking paedo using the ultra woke to support him, because as soon as you call him on it, he's screaming 'dead naming' and transphobia, and making it difficult for any real trans person. He helps feed the 'well trans women are just trying to perv on real women' agenda of the Conservative right.
    Did anyone hear that he cut off an interviewer when they started to ask him some tricky questions? He's a piece of shit.

I have to say, as I have delved deeper into this, I can't help but feel that the pendulum is winging too much the other way.

She is vexatious, he has preyed upon minorities and used equality advocacy to silence whistleblowers.

But she is clearly mentally ill. Her mother is almost deaf, obviously she is a bit nuts. She (mum) is an immigrant herself, from an orthodox family in Israel. God knows where dad is.

She needs help, professional help, not condemnation as an abomination. I went on kiwifarms and they are hoping she commits suicide. I feel a tad guilty. I stand by the point that she has abused the trans movement. But for the rest I do feel a tad guilty and voyeuristic
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Don't even Google kiwifarms, it's pure shitposter / alt right aids.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I check on facebook, so I can see what they look like

Why is that relevant??
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Free range kiwis are best
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Don't even Google kiwifarms, it's pure shitposter / alt right aids.

It's one of the areas of the internet I steer clear of.

It also seems that this whole thing is dragging the darker elements out of the woodwork on all sides, noticed a few people lamenting another feminist voice being silenced on Twitter, went to have a look at why this would be and found that the account had been suspended for posting this:

48376013032_b97c790e00_n.jpg

I seriously don't know what is wrong with people, but it's getting pretty messed up.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Too many beards
  • They are a cunt obviously, but that clearly never actually happened.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    They are a cunt obviously, but that clearly never actually happened.

It’s more why they would post it, what audience were they going for? Why were they expecting a pat on the back? And why are some people surprised she picked up a perma-ban?
  • Oh yeah, its fucked. Fairly standard type of fake brag for these socially retarded morons though.
    It's a beg for approval.

• She needs help, professional help, not condemnation as an abomination.
    They need professional help. Their actions at present are so so damaging for trans rights movement as I said. But I find it really hard to see the trans act as anything more than an act to enable their paedophilic tendencies.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • How can the women in my life be so sensible yet so fucking insane at the same time? With men you tend to get one or the other.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Men are just as fucked up, but we tend to be fucked up about women.
  • A few more linkies from me.

I find the philosophy articles/discussion around trans issues the most interesting, Tbh, and I also think the philosophy folk tend to do a better job of not just shouting past each other.

Nabbed largely from Kathleen stocks twitter again, but I'd say it's strong stuff from both sides of the isle.

First from stock herself....

"can you change your gender?"

https://link.medium.com/wlimU6ctEY

Then a strong attack on gcrf.

(lots of preamble in this one, but I do appreciate it, because the preamble accurately describes me trying to follow these arguments)

https://majesticequality.wordpress.com/2019/07/25/dear-philosophers-you-can-trust-the-feminist-consensus-gender-critical-radical-feminism-is-bogus/amp/?fbclid=IwAR32EgDB6GzknOyzCYKVigFhINOGiXMxVSPyCZOyhD8JJ7oq5kanMspKptc&__twitter_impression=true

And stock's response:

https://link.medium.com/KRqAJw7kEY

I'm only half way through the second piece and haven't read the 2 response articles, but it's all worth a read imo.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I'd like to point out that I'm really supportive of the trans community, just in case there was any confusion over my wording of yanniv.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!