Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Never trust a man who has to remind himself of his own name.
  • There’s a few of those stats floating around and they all seem to come from online dating services publishing selected data. All sorts of problems with reading too much into it eg maybe women are just more careful online and doesn’t reflect real-world activity.
  • 90% of men are setting their expectations too high.
  • Animal, vegetable, mineral, I'll do anything to anything.
  • I like the dating stat that something like 70% of people judge themselves to be above average in looks.
  • Yay! We’re all pretty!
  • There’s a similar stat with IQ.
  • I'm above average in both looks and intellectual quota
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • So I am in the top 140 % which is fuckin A
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    i can't even look at an IQ without it wanting to fuck me I'm that sexy
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    They give everyone that look.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Intercourse Quiescence
  • Yossarian wrote:
    10% of men must be fucking shattered.

It's the cross we bear.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    There is something very strange about American male culture that I'm sure could be unearthed in some far reaching documentary/study. The guys just seem so lonely. I spent a couple of months in Arizona in 2009 and me and the guys I was working with would often head into Tuscan for food and drinks in the evening. One of the first few nights we were there we bumped into a couple of guys playing pool. They were brothers, fire fighters, good looking and good company. They ended up tagging onto our group and would come out with us when we went into town. During one conversation they mentioned that they thought we were all gay when they first met us because we were so friendly and welcoming towards them. They said they didn't really have any male friends that they could act like they could with us, a bunch of toxic masculinity drenched squadies that actually didn't take themselves to seriously at all. When a group of soldiers out on the lash is more welcoming than your colleagues and neighbors something is going wrong.

Did you offer to hug them? X'D

hunk wrote:
    Having narcissistic character traits may make you more susceptible to above rhetoric.

When you Google that specific idea, there are a lot of Google hits, but I have doubts about a statistical link to narcissism and mass killing events. The surest way to end a source of narcissistic supply, is to commit a crime so heinously conspicuous, that you will be surely killed or jailed while committing it. No matter how much attention it will draw

And if anything, narcissism seems to represent a skewed desire to survive (or rather thrive, at all costs). So with that in mind, a true narcissist, I'd guess, would probably be quite averse to such a desperate action.

That said, the 'entitlement' thing that Nina mentioned is kind of suggestive of some form of narcissism. But if many of these killers are described as being 'habitual loners', then you'd not expect them to exhibit m/any narcissistic traits.

A slight segue... 

The details of the Buffalo killing are chilling. Apparently, the killer was subjected to a full psychiatric assessment, after teachers identified some fixation with mass killing in his school work (economics, interestingly). He wasn't 'committed', but was strongly advised to submit to the screening.

The medics released him, and (to be fair, rightfully) held back the details of the assessment from the authorities. 
    And because no specific specific mental health issue was found, he was able to buy a gun. 

But someone did have questions, so perhaps that's something the Yanks need to take a better look at.
    If you believe Ted Cruz, of course...

Not that any of the above says anything about why men do this kind of thing.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • A bit like bipolar personalities narcissism also exists in its own continuous spectrum ranging from 'fragile' (insecure) to 'bold' (super confident). And you (Dyno) are absolutely correct, personality (disorders) is/are a way of coping with one's environment. When the coping part for whatever reason starts to fail, that's when it becomes a disorder and individuals start to potentially break down.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    There is something very strange about American male culture that I'm sure could be unearthed in some far reaching documentary/study. The guys just seem so lonely. I spent a couple of months in Arizona in 2009 and me and the guys I was working with would often head into Tuscan for food and drinks in the evening. One of the first few nights we were there we bumped into a couple of guys playing pool. They were brothers, fire fighters, good looking and good company. They ended up tagging onto our group and would come out with us when we went into town. During one conversation they mentioned that they thought we were all gay when they first met us because we were so friendly and welcoming towards them. They said they didn't really have any male friends that they could act like they could with us, a bunch of toxic masculinity drenched squadies that actually didn't take themselves to seriously at all. When a group of soldiers out on the lash is more welcoming than your colleagues and neighbors something is going wrong.

Did you offer to hug them? X'D

100%
  • Thats when Goobz ticked off the twins thing
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hot firefighters dude
  • I actually love that guy's accent
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Take it from him.
  • Even as a pro sports consumer, I think we could probably get rid of pro sports ultimately.
  • Because physical prowess is no longer relevant?
  • I'm entirely content if the whole thing just collapses into bizarre gene warz, it'll be fucking funny for a while.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Clocked Simmons' wig lately? Bill Roache'd piss all over him.
  • At a fruit and veg market with my girlfriend. She pays, holds out her hand for change, but then a moment later I hold out my hand too. 4 out of 5 times the change gets given to me
  • Tbf if someone gave me money and their partner put their hand out to receive the change I would assume there's a reason for that and possibly give the partner the change.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!