Food Adulteration - The Great Shrinkage
  • ZMM wrote:
    Kazuo wrote:
    Marmite and marmalade on sourdough toast for me lads, mmm.
    Sounds mental but I'm gonna try it

Welcome to the party pal.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Weetabix doesn't taste the same but I reckon it's my aged palate.
    Definitely taste worse as they reduced sugar and salt content even further not long ago.

That would make sense.

I will occasionally have Fage 0% instead of milk with Weetabix. Honey may get added then.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • i eat my 'bix with just cold milk, though usually leave it to get too soggy and it's a bit of a slog to finish.
    it's usually supermarket own brand variant too since you get about twice as many for the price.
    when i was a kid would sprinkle sugar on them but feel as a grown up you should suffer through horrible 'healthy' food ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The beauty of porridge is it contains mad amounts of beta glucan which binds to fat and prevents the body from absorbing it.

My tasty, tasty whole milk and cocoa fats just pass through in one big, manly log at around 11:30.
  • Talking one wipe, two flush, water line breachers.
  • Standing?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Standing above the water line
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Porridge is legit.
  • i eat my 'bix with just cold milk, though usually leave it to get too soggy and it's a bit of a slog to finish.
    it's usually supermarket own brand variant too since you get about twice as many for the price.
    when i was a kid would sprinkle sugar on them but feel as a grown up you should suffer through horrible 'healthy' food ;)

I've tried the wheat bisks and they were indistinguishable from official Weetabix, and I have a fairly sensitive palate so can pick up on these things. If anything, the Aldi brand was nicer. It doesn't always work out, though, as I tried an Aldi Rich Tea biscuit alternative and it was nothing like the real thing!
  • Porridge with banana and honey checking in. Sometimes I'll chuck in some of Aldi's dried fruit and nut mix. For full whack of benefits that Liv describes, choose rolled oats. Steel milled oats lose the beta glucans through processing.

Not had Weetabix since I was a child. Copious amounts of sugar and milk, mixed into wallpaper paste texture. No surprises, I've not had it since.
  • On the rare occasions I have porridge I still have to have a big spoon of muscovado sugar in the middle like a big weird baby.
  • I had Farely's rusks mashed up in warm milk a couple of months ago. It's still got it.
  • Food adulteration, not baby food.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I had Farely's rusks mashed up in warm milk a couple of months ago. It's still got it.

I’ve always fancied these but somehow never dared. Bit like building up to trying the breast milk that got expressed during the baby years.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I spit on those giant monster munch. Worst value.
  • You lot have reminded me that it’s porridge season. This is a good thing.

It’ll be Friday before I have enough time to make some in the morning. Something to look forward to.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I had Farely's rusks mashed up in warm milk a couple of months ago. It's still got it.

I’ve always fancied these but somehow never dared. Bit like building up to trying the breast milk that got expressed during the baby years.

Combine them.
  • Kids are a bit past that now.  Perhaps i’ll ask a new mum for some.
  • True story.  At a wedding a few years back, sharing a table with various lots for the meal, I’m sat opposite a family of three.  Slightly folksy looking lot, mum, dad and little Jimmy who i find out is 11.  Little Jimmy finishes his main course and asks mum for desert, dad goes red and just looks beaten down and sort of turn away from mum and kid. 11 y/o (eleven) little Jimmy climbs across dad and lies down on the table, mum whacks out a terrible looking nork, and he starts suckling away.  Everyone else around the table is all wtf and looking at their shoes and I’m just lol, this is fucking fascinating.  Turns out neither mum or little Jimmy have ever quite been able to let go. Dad humpfed off to the bar.
  • Don't think I could have coped, sounds amazing.
  • Best wedding I’d been to for years.  Few beers in, disco is on and I’m telling anyone who’d listen.
  • Shoulda said "please, ma'am, can I have some"
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Fair play to the mum giving no fucks.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • 11 is an insane age for that!
  • Fair play to the mum giving no fucks.

thats-bait.gif
  • Food adulteration, not food from an adult matriarch
  • I was at a mates wedding years ago. He'd gone off the rails at one point in his life, popping far too many pills and shagging everything around. His mental health wasn't great and he left town to sort himself out and disappeared off the radar. A couple of years later he got back in touch with everyone and announced he was getting married.

Turned out he'd found religion and was marrying some strict Christian. He was a different person and it was hard to talk to him without him mentioning God. He was never as close but we were all excited to go to his wedding and support him. After the ceremony we were all about to eat and the bride made a speech about how they'd found each other and they'd both kept their virginity and how special it was. We all sat sort of gawping and trying desperately not to smirk. She looked across mid speech and she fucking knew. It was awful.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Food adulteration, not wedding horror stories.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I hate the concept of duo chocolate bars. Just give me one normal sized one pls.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    I hate the concept of duo chocolate bars. Just give me one normal sized one pls.

Or give me the King Size one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!