Elmlea's Thread of Not Drinking
  • I've managed to not have a beer over the last couple of days, despite some fairly unpleasant work news.  That said, I think I'll allow myself a couple of quiet ones with Reg on Sunday.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dammit Kow, I've lost my Blair's keyring, am now a little jealous
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have loads of them.
  • fucking hell ds,respect

reg, thats wellfunny, i lost my virginity to a chick who was on her period,and ginger,pretty traumatic, esp as i was drunk and a complete retard

which bringsme to what elm was saying about drinking habitually and acting like a twat. if i drink one night a week its goodtimes and all is lovely, when i get into drinking all the time i end up beig a complete twat all the time, and i hate myself for it, but dunno how to fix it until im sober for a while and realise i just had to wind my giraffe neck in

currently had 3 days off and feel mighty for it, but used having no glasses to excuse another bottle of rum, the fact the rums so shitty i can hardly drink it is prob saving me from the weekend, wheeey

i always say i can take or leave drink but when i get started it does often feel like the start of a terrible downhill muddle into feeling dirty and acting like a twat constantly for weeks, bah, why's it so hard to learn
  • I'll have wine with dinner sometimes, but that's pretty much the only time I'll drink now and I haven't had a beer for two years. I don't drink on work days at all.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yay a full week sober!

On the Carlsberg pish tonight and weed, then its another week off.
  • Good shit man, inspiring.

Pub night last night. Dos mojitos, 2 pints then 3 bottles at home. Going to aim for 3 bottles or less a night next week.
  • I've realised that I actually don't drink at home in an evening. I mean, anything.

At all.

Not even water or tea. Could that be a contributing factor to why I am always so shite at getting up?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oh, just weighed myself, lost over a stone. Under fifteen stone for the first time in six years :D
  • @Tempy - Could be, if you're not properly hydrated.

EDIT: I generally get through a couple of pints or so between 8-12 each evening.
  • Yeah, probably Tempy. You lose a fair amount of fluids when you sleep, too (sweating, etc). Sounds like you're going a long time without hydration every day. 

@DS - that's good going.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I wish I hadn't drank last night...

We were in a beer garden when somebody spotted a flowerpot workman tied to the top of some scaffolding, somebody else said it's shame we couldn't take him around the pubs with us so I said I'll get him. I climbed over the wall of the beer garden and there was a 15 foot drop the other side so I shimmied along and then jumped to the scaffolding climbed up to the top and liberated the fellow.

The reasons I wish I hadn't drank though is that in hindsight jumping from a wall to scaffolding over a 15' drop isn't really that bright a thing to do (especially when drunk) and because we then went to a nightclub where I don't even know what drinks I was drinking.

I've felt like being sick all morning (and I never feel like that) so this isn't helping with the fact that I've got contract negotiations to try and sort out and they're never good at the best of times...

7513973246_cbb7e4564c_z.jpg
  • Thinking about knocking the booze on the head for a while after a stupidly heavy Saturday...
    Gamertag: gremill
  • In my defence, I...

I've got nothing. That, plus the 2nd day of a hangover are good enough reasons to quit.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Was my 2nd proper blowout in two weeks, after a dry spell of 4 months. I should have been in the roadworks with you. Instead I feel fine, up dressed and we're going for a walk to get breakfast. 

That'll be 3 full English breakfasts in 3 days. Fuck quitting drinking, that's the least of my worries....
  • Why doesn't someone host a Not-Drinking-Stock to see if it's possible to meet up with people and have fun without getting wrecked?
  • It is, at Elmstock me Chaz and, Elm were all lucid enough to be playing Space Alert into the early hours and enjoyed it immensley. Can't really say the same for everyone else, but they had fun.
  • Had a big weekend in London, drank a lot but it was still less than I would normally drink. Back to the rules this week, minus some adjustments for Swedish House Mafia on Saturday.

The big big difference is I now feel totally in control of what and when I drink.
  • Haven't had a drop for 5 weeks. Still have 8 Tyskie in fridge.
  • Having a had between 1 and 4 drinks a day (more occasionally) pretty much every day for as long as I can remember, I've decided to try and get it down to 1 or 2 drinks with dinner a few days a week.  Had food poisoning yesterday so didn't have a drop then, or today.

@Tempy you're supposed to have 2 litres of liquid a day, caffeine included, alcohol not.  We get cheap fizzy water in 2 litre bottles and it is actually quite difficult to get through a whole one in a day!  Although I do manage it on the weekends.  Really helps with sleep, your skin and just generally feeling good.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @Tempy you're supposed to have 2 litres of liquid a day, caffeine included, alcohol not.  We get cheap fizzy water in 2 litre bottles and it is actually quite difficult to get through a whole one in a day!  Although I do manage it on the weekends.  Really helps with sleep, your skin and just generally feeling good.
    Just drink water when you're thirsty.  That old 8 glasses of water a day tosh ignores the water content in food, your climate, activity levels and you and is a myth, if that's what you're referring to.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I halfway agree about listening to your body, but things like sweet tea and weak squash you can't really drink too much (except extreme circumstances) but I've known myself and others often not notice thirst and forget to drink. Though also drinking when hungry is a good idea, if you're one that doesn't notice (or dismisses without thinking) thirst
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Well there is certainly a lot of moisture in the climate round here these days :P
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Exactly, just stand outside for ten minutes each day.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think I'm bored of alcohol. Didn't enjoy the drink at the weekend.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tried Coor's Light tonight for the first time after months of bombardment from Jean Claud. Wasen't bad. Better than Fosters.
  • I am going to a family BBQ tomorrow and will be having a drink for the first time in like 8 or 9 weeks (I've even stopped counting it's been so long).

Will only have 2 or 3 cans of Tyskie - don't wanna feel like shite the day after.

This is the probably the wrong thread for this post, right?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I think I'm bored of alcohol. Didn't enjoy the drink at the weekend.
    GOOD
  • I've managed to quietly continue not drinking, other than a couple of quiet beers with adkm in Aberdeen and a mate in Edinburgh while I was in the UK.  I'm running on no beer so far since coming back to the US.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!