Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Or two divisions with promotion/relegation and shit.

It only seems fair to seperate a few of us from the others as I'm pretty much destroying everyone on the rllm version by a mile.
  • I like the two divisions idea. I also like having a time to aim for, so that would cover both really.
    Maybe DS has to do every track on the first bike you get?
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I don't mind working stuff out each week.  Going back 15 years I was bottom of the top set for maths, which would be mirrored by my standing on the potential Trials tiers no doubt.  I say let it run for a week (or two), check out the lay of the land on our leaderboard and then get the abacus out.
  • I like the two divisions idea. I also like having a time to aim for, so that would cover both really. Maybe DS has to do every track on the first bike you get?

Two divisions sounds good, I'm up for that too.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I don't mind working stuff out each week.  Going back 15 years I was bottom of the top set for maths, which would be mirrored by my standing on the potential Trials tiers no doubt.  I say let it run for a week (or two), check out the lay of the land on our leaderboard and then get the abacus out.

We had a similar system in maths - they gave everyone a print out at the end of every month with the test scores for the last 5-10 exams for everyone in the year (or everyone in the top 4 sets, not sure) and everyone was ordered by test average. Anyway, it was awesome. We even had a Dubs in our year: a guy who occasionally got 100% in his exams when the rest of the top set got 90% tops. I'm not sure why this is interesting for anyone, but I think it was great.

I'm sure I can give some time to the user generated maps, but probably won't hammer them. I'm sure it will be fun, but leagues sound like a hassle for who ever's sorting it out.
  • voices wrote:
    Anyway, it was awesome. We even had a Dubs in our year: a guy who occasionally got 100% in his exams when the rest of the top set got 90% tops. I'm not sure why this is interesting for anyone, but I think it was great.

If we're on maths facts, I was definitely only put into the top set because I'd been messing about with a solar powered credit card calculator my dad had got from work, which had a square root button on it.  My teacher in year 7 (of set 2/4) was talking about square roots, so I started doing some covert messing about with the button.  I'd randomly pressed 225, giving me 15 as the square root, seconds before he'd said to the class "ok maybe that's too easy, let's try one nobody will get.  What about.....225?".  I put my hand up, answered it like a massive bod, and found myself floundering in the top set within two weeks.
  • Fuck me this thing is digital crack. Only up to Terminal Velocity, but trying to get all gods on everything is compelling.
  • I only have Thor and Fenrir so far.
  • God damn sewage plant, keep one fucking up one one of the last few outlets every time. If I nail everything else, the last one catches me out, otherwise those 3 together just stitch me up. Grrr.
  • That hill in down in the dumps is fucking me right over.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah, that hill is a killer. Wish I could offer some advice, but I really struggle with uphill bunny hops. Think it took me two nights and hundreds of restarts to finish it.

Sewage Plant was another one I struggled with. Muddled through it by sheer luck in the end.
  • Yeah, just fluked sewage plant a few minutes ago. Did several really good runs that all ended up with me falling backwards on the final outlet/ramp, then did a crappy run with a couple of saves in it that got me the gold but weren't anything near as smooth.

Will go back to  to it once I've got my Class A (license, not drugs, although, they'd probably be of more use).
  • I think I did Down In The Dumps throug sheer atrition, can't recall. Sin City level has that jump that someone posted previously, I just cannot do it. Surprised my self by getting in sight of the end of Way of The Ninja but ended up with 500 faults at 28 minutes. Watched JasonEdge's replay of him getting 1 fault and now I hear he has platinumed it.

Ahaha what is my life/hands.
  • You don't need to bunny hop up that hill, you just need to get up the hill quickly. The slope changes at the top slightly so your front wheel will have come away from the ground as required. To get enough speed, you need to fall to the left of the platform before the hill, possibly slightly on your back wheel, then transfer weight to your front as you start to climb. Dubs and my replay will probably have a decent example of how to do it (I think we're both top 100 on it... possibly top 50 or so, not sure).

Interestingly enough, you never have to be consistent on that hill as it's the first track in the tournament that features it.
  • I watch people's replays and they DO NOT HELP. I mean, they do, but everyone appears to be using some kind of vodoo to stick to the track in Expert.

How do I unlock vodoo.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Yeah, just fluked sewage plant a few minutes ago. Did several really good runs that all ended up with me falling backwards on the final outlet/ramp, then did a crappy run with a couple of saves in it that got me the gold but weren't anything near as smooth. Will go back to  to it once I've got my Class A (license, not drugs, although, they'd probably be of more use).

That bit was a difficulty spike for me as well. Just keep going, pretty soon you'll have a feel for the top two bikes and will be gently caressing obstacles with your back wheel as you sail by like a champ. That feeling is pretty awesome.
  • voices wrote:
    You don't need to bunny hop up that hill, you just need to get up the hill quickly. The slope changes at the top slightly so your front wheel will have come away from the ground as required. To get enough speed, you need to fall to the left of the platform before the hill, possibly slightly on your back wheel, then transfer weight to your front as you start to climb. Dubs and my replay will probably have a decent example of how to do it...

Thanks Voices, will try that out and see if I can improve my time. Still, landing the jump and getting up the hill in one go may be just as tough for me.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I watch people's replays and they DO NOT HELP. I mean, they do, but everyone appears to be using some kind of vodoo to stick to the track in Expert. How do I unlock vodoo.

I have hit the same wall as Tempy, with replays not helping me at all. I can see what you're doing, but my bike doesn't seem to act in the same way (so obviously I'm not hitting the obstacles in the same way, at the same speed, etc.). I just haven't got the necessary throttle control. A good example of that is that Dark City jump. Got to that point with one fault earlier yesterday, then 70 tries later, I was still there. Front wheel stuck, backflips, back wheel up, etc. Quit out.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I watch people's replays and they DO NOT HELP. I mean, they do, but everyone appears to be using some kind of vodoo to stick to the track in Expert.

How do I unlock vodoo.

Replays are peoples best runs ever, so that voodoo is, to an extent, the luck that you get once every hundred runs or so.
  • I know that, but I still claim vodoo. I also have terrible rider control, I see guys sorting their little Trials dude out in mid air like a genius but my go just spazzes around. Watching Jason's Way of the Ninja run was enlightening as it showed that he had 100% control of his bike through the position of his rider. Some of the stuff he did just didn't seem human.
  • I've just spent what feels like forever trying to gold Prospector, just couldn't land the bike making the jump over that step on the fence at the top of the steep climb at the end before the final jump.

Was a proper punch the air moment when I just did it there. Time for the Class A before I attempt Collateral Damage I think.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Tried a couple of user made tracks last night. The Portal one was pretty cool but the Atlantis one was amaze.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Is there a list of the ones worth downloading?

I can't believe how much I love this!
  • Scandinavian Summer's a pretty good fast downhill track. Five or six people off the old thread's OP have got it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I just went through the Red Lynx Picks ones avoiding anything tagged as Hard.
  • voices wrote:
    Dubs and my replay will probably have a decent example of how to do it (I think we're both top 100 on it... possibly top 50 or so, not sure). Interestingly enough, you never have to be consistent on that hill as it's the first track in the tournament that features it.

yeah, watched dubs's vid. I've come close a couple of times, but I'm still struggling. I'll go back to it at another point, I've done some silver runs on later tracks, so I'm forging ahead.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • This game just got HARD!

and I'm still on medium - Archipelago ffs!
  • I can zero fault nearly everything in Archipelago apart from that fucking hand.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!