PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Turns out in Japan they printed the labels on the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth discs the wrong way round so the Install Disc says Play Disc and the Play Disc says Install Disc. Doh!

MeynK1y4jA38efqewd9BitRrBCY=.gif
  • If I preload the digital store version, when my disc arrives can I just put it in and play?

Nevermind, can't download unless you preorder
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Royal Mail just emailed to say my Rebirth is arriving tomorrow - assuming it was anyway but nice to have confirmation given I’ve booked a long weekend off work.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Finished the first part of the Rebirth demo. Loaded up the full game told me I had unlocked the bonus stuff but couldn’t find a way to skip the starting bit I’d been through in the demo and can’t be arsed to play it again right now. Usual day one joys I guess.
  • I started FF15. Did the tutorial then consulted my timeline guide and realised I shouldn't be playing the actual game yet.

So instead I played a the mediocre side scroller which added nothing of any real value.
    Then I watched the 5 episode anime which I would consider almost essential to understand the main four characters and their motivations. Actually pretty good as well.

Not really a fan of these multimedia projects when aspects of them which aren't the core product become essential.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I started FF15. Did the tutorial then consulted my timeline guide and realised I shouldn't be playing the actual game yet. So instead I played a the mediocre side scroller which added nothing of any real value. Then I watched the 5 episode anime which I would consider almost essential to understand the main four characters and their motivations. Actually pretty good as well. Not really a fan of these multimedia projects when aspects of them which aren't the core product become essential.

Yes, but did you collect all 15 (!) of the FF15 collectable Pogs that, when combined, formed into a Pogsicle that revealed a QR Code that allowed you to access an ARG called FinARG Fantasy XV: Noctis Procto Doctum Evermorium which was a text only story told in the first person from the perspective of the car as it was breaking down, and it was revealed in the end that the soul of the car was a soul that could jump from object to object and originated from the peddle bike that Noctis' father bought him as a child and it revealed more about the complex relationship between him and his dad and it *really* does give you better context for both Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and also helps you get some in-joke nods in Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition HD?
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I started FF15. Did the tutorial then consulted my timeline guide and realised I shouldn't be playing the actual game yet.

So instead I played a the mediocre side scroller which added nothing of any real value.
    Then I watched the 5 episode anime which I would consider almost essential to understand the main four characters and their motivations. Actually pretty good as well.

Not really a fan of these multimedia projects when aspects of them which aren't the core product become essential.

I don't remember the anime, but remember a film? Or was the film actually an anime and I've lost my marbels?

I enjoyed 15 quite a lot, but it's kind of a vibes game of cruising around in the car with the boys, taking care of business.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I started FF15. Did the tutorial then consulted my timeline guide and realised I shouldn't be playing the actual game yet. So instead I played a the mediocre side scroller which added nothing of any real value. Then I watched the 5 episode anime which I would consider almost essential to understand the main four characters and their motivations. Actually pretty good as well. Not really a fan of these multimedia projects when aspects of them which aren't the core product become essential.

Yes, but did you collect all 15 (!) of the FF15 collectable Pogs that, when combined, formed into a Pogsicle that revealed a QR Code that allowed you to access an ARG called FinARG Fantasy XV: Noctis Procto Doctum Evermorium which was a text only story told in the first person from the perspective of the car as it was breaking down, and it was revealed in the end that the soul of the car was a soul that could jump from object to object and originated from the peddle bike that Noctis' father bought him as a child and it revealed more about the complex relationship between him and his dad and it *really* does give you better context for both Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and also helps you get some in-joke nods in Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition HD?

You also had to get all the limited straws from participating Burger King's which when combined, reveal the code needed to access the secret vault
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There’s the anime, which flashbacks to the characters’ youths, then there’s the CGI animated film which sets up the main story (I think it technically happens during Chapter 1 of the game). But there’s also a prequel scrollling beat em up or something which is Noctis’ dad telling him about when he was young or something.
  • I think I’ll just skip FFXV altogether!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah, there is some good stuff in there, but I don't think it's worth the bother. Or just play the game and enjoy it for the weird unfinished mess that it is.
  • @Cinty.

Of course, the pogs are hidden in my Noct wife pillow.

@Matty 
    Yeah there is a film. Comes after chapter 1 according to my handy guide.

edit: or what ERE says
  • Apparently they never finished the planned DLC so it ends with a 385 page book.
    Thats my limit I think. Ill waste an evening on an anime, Im not spending a week or so reading what will inevitably be a rather crap book.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Royal Mail just emailed to say my Rebirth is arriving tomorrow - assuming it was anyway but nice to have confirmation given I’ve booked a long weekend off work.

I'm like a kid waiting for this to arrive. Mainly because I don't want it to arrive too late as I know it'll need to install etc. before I can play!

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I saw the CG animated film for XV at the cinema. It was actually alright
  • Didnt realise id have to pay to watch this shit. The anime is free on youtube.
    Hmmmmmm
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I went to a special screening that GAME put on. I got a goody bag with a sticker pack, a business card/wallet thing and some Final Fantasy XV popcorn that I still have sealed in the bag. The popcorn is very important, you can’t even begin to comprehend the main game without the promotional popcorn.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I went to a special screening that GAME put on. I got a goody bag with a sticker pack, a business card/wallet thing and some Final Fantasy XV popcorn that I still have sealed in the bag. The popcorn is very important, you can’t even begin to comprehend the main game without the promotional popcorn.

How could you understand Noctus' journey if you don't taste the popcorn.
  • The popcorn is close put the real thing was more flakey like pie crust
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The popcorn is the key to all this.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Finished the first part of the Rebirth demo. Loaded up the full game told me I had unlocked the bonus stuff but couldn’t find a way to skip the starting bit I’d been through in the demo and can’t be arsed to play it again right now. Usual day one joys I guess.

You need to select Bonuses from the main menu and run the check for save data to be able to redeem the ability to skip.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oh, apparently it only skips a specific portion of the demo where they go up the mountain not the whole thing. Also, don’t skip the opening movie because the first few seconds are the same as the demo - it quickly changes to new content.
  • I've decided I'll just replay that bit anyway.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Oh, apparently it only skips a specific portion of the demo where they go up the mountain not the whole thing. Also, don’t skip the opening movie because the first few seconds are the same as the demo - it quickly changes to new content.

I did the opening bit before the demo bit.

I also claimed everything in the bonuses but still didn’t let me skip the mountain. I left it with the credits rolling while I climbed the mountain. I’ll carry on tonight but just skip the cut scenes.
  • I'm kind of glad I skipped the demo and waited for the game based on all the bullshit around skipping bits.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Apparently you can't log in to Theatrhythm Final Bar today because they haven't accounted for Leap Year. I'm going to try when I'm home.

Hilariously a patch is promised for tomorrow
  • This is the real Millennium Bug.

WE WERE WARNED!
  • REBIRTH IS INSTALLING
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The first open world area is like a next-gen Xenoblade Chronicles running at 4K, it looks nuts.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I want to buy materia but I spent all my money on trading cards :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!