Final Fantasy - General
  • I’ll go and have a try now.

Okay. In my inventory I have the following materia:

Healing
    Fire
    Lightning
    Chakra (because I’m in a party with Tifa)
    Deadly Dodge

The buster sword has two slots, one currently has fire assigned, the other is empty. Cloud also has an iron bangle with one empty slot. I select the buster sword within the materia menu, select the empty slot, press triangle to swap materia and nothing happens, I don’t see any of the materia that are in my inventory. It doesn’t make sense to me.
  • I had trouble getting into the right bit of the menu for materia too.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Can I call him a moran yet?
  • You wouldn’t be the first muzzy.
  • FF menus are always a bit odd imo.
    I spent ages trying to work out how to teach stuff to the Aeons in FFX the other day. Again it was pressing triangle but there was no logic to it.
    They do tell you these things but easily forgotten between sessions.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have you pressed triangle while on the gear screen?
  • I’ve just discovered that if you press x it gives you a pop up menu with all the materia available for you to select. The game does not tell you to do this, or if it does, I completely missed it.
  • Yeah, I was going to say. Press triangle to get into the materia menu, then press x on a slot to actually select one.
  • JonB. You are the lucky winner. You get a dm each time I get stuck or can’t work something out. 

I should insert the ‘you’re gonna need a bigger boat’ gif here.
  • When your selecting materia you can press the touch pad to see all your party and inventory materia.
    Button assignments ate on bottom of the screen too.
  • Really enjoyed what XIV Online did but found myself feeling like I was checking in for busy work and becoming a slave to a grind so, with a respectful nod, I deleted it.

Ordered a PS4 copy of Remake because why the hell not.
  • ... And it's arriving tomorrow, nice! Bigups thegamecollection.

Looking forward to it!
  • Okay, this is.... Weird? But.... Really good?? The tone in some cutscenes is so fucking all over the shop but my word it looks incredible and when battle stuff clicks it feels great.

I did however have to bump it down to easy because yes, I am a scrub, and it took me about half an hour and twenty or so potions to beat the boss at the bomb site. I'm here for a good time not a long time.
  • Yeah, combat system is weird in that it looks action based but it’s really a turn-based game with real time dressing. Build up ATB with base attacks, use skills, swap character to build their ATB.

I…do not like the system, but I get what it is going for. And yeah, nowt wrong with going on easy and enjoying the ride.
  • Ah, yeah, that's where I went wrong. My brain went ohh it's like Yak but with cloud! Nice! and that wasn't working out well for me. Didn't even spot an ability greatly increased stagger. What a plonker.

Will take my time now.
  • Ah, yeah, that's where I went wrong. My brain went ohh it's like Yak but with cloud! Nice! and that wasn't working out well for me. Didn't even spot an ability greatly increased stagger. What a plonker.

Will take my time now.

Aye, that’s the way to do it. And 90% of the time, blocking and taking chip damage is better than using the “dodge”.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I got rebirth let's go
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I got rebirth let's go

Will be curious to hear your thoughts. Enjoy.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I got rebirth let's go

Can finally get a take from someone who’s a Chadley connoisseur and not a Chadley philistine.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Chadley 4 lief
  • Chadley makes me look at all the news about how SUVs are a danger to children and makes me think “at least there’s an upside”.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I strong agree with this statement. Chadley needs to die badly.
  • Chadley can burn in a fire, horribly.
  • Absolute Chad slander.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • He's the real villain.
    What a turn that would be.
  • Still chipping away at FFX.
    Just beat Seymour Butts at the top of Mt Garibaldi and now I'm in dream Zanakind talking to Fayth.
  • Well that's FFX done.
    The real villain is trying to get bosses done in the first hit so you don't have to sit through the cut scenes over and over.
    For this reason I grinded hard before the first Sin fight, the 3 stage one where you do either side then the plant thing on him.
    Smashed my way through with Holy, Hasteaga and various summons. Yojimbo killed Dad for me which was handy. Just realised I missed two optional Aeons which is a shame but at least cut down the Yu Yevon fight which ends up a piss take of summon cut scenes you've seen a billion times already.

I did enjoy the game overall, the combat was good until I broke it with Holy. I like the Sphere Grid and how characters can be moulded.

Main issues really are things that have been fixed over the years like unskipable cut scenes (I read they sorted that in X-2) although I've never understood why any developer thought ten minutes of cut scenes between a save point/checkpoint and a boss would be a good idea.

Tidus is probably the lasting down slide to X. Some of the other characters I really grew to like. Yuna Auron, Lulu, Kimahri all good. Tidus though eugh.

Final positive. The roar metal soundtrack over the boss fight with your dad was awesome.

I'll give it a break before starting X-2 but I'm up for it.
  • Wow you smashed through that
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah that's a shift. I want you to do the XIII trilogy so me and ERE aren't the only person who did it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    (it's not worth it)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!