Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Or a chat room where we could all lament the 'good old days'. Oh wait...
  • quote="legaldinho"]This is a guy who's videos warts and all I like, he explains why he did what. Thinks pretty much likr I do: power weapon control, take 2v1s, and one area where I need to improve is bail out when I don't have right hand https://youtu.be/Y230Xe-7wv4[/quote]
    Posted on destiny woops
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Yeah, I was just knackered too by the end. Long day. I can see what Gonz is saying about it not being Gears Vanilla - as in stop trying to play it like it's 2006. It really is a different beast and having not really kept up with the multiplayer throughout the years I was struggling big time. It's just that there were times I would empty a good few rounds of my Lancer into someone, they'd run so I'd pursue and empty a round of my shotgun into them then they'd just turn around and one shot me. Drives me daft. Not sure if it's lag or situational damage or just horrendous luck, or a combination of all of the above.

Enjoyable at times for sure, even with Gonz having a fucking canary that no one was listening to him ;) - To be honest, I find it hard sometimes to abide to someone else's play style and routine; more often than not it ends with me dying a lot more than I would if I were just doing my own thing, while still trying to play as a team obviously. 

Think I definitely fall more into Curtis' camp of just having some fun, I like to win too but at 35 years old and work all day amongst other things coming home in the evening to try and keep up with 17 year olds on Gears for the sake of winning just isn't gonna work for me most of the time. Having said that I fucking hate loosing to cunts though, and no matter how old I get I'll always 'think I'm good' and as a byproduct of this, want to be good.

GGs slags.

I have to hold my hand up, I play too fast, I assume too much from teammates, don't want to quote will hunting but this shit is fucking simple to me.

If this was gowJ it wouldn't be a problem, I'd just shotgun all three guys I flanked. But I don't trust my shotgun to give me more than one kill when 1v2, even on a flank, so I wanted team lancers. I was being a dick yesterday, I apologise.

Have a look at the video I posted, his comment about the lancer: stay still when shooting. I also feather my lancer: rap a tap a tap, feels much quicker downing a moving target.

• I don't think it is old vs young, it is just that the game has moved on mechanically, it's faster because of how people move in the game.
  • It will get better when I join you guys don't worry.
  • Brooks wrote:
    There should be some kind of old-cunts-only filtering in all online multiplayer things at this point.

They try have a casual list in some games. Dickheads join it too feel good about themselves.
  • Right i have this now.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It will get better when I join you guys don't worry.

Must get some games man. It's cool Gonz, I know what you're saying about adapting to the new mechanics isn't of trying to bully my way around the map with a shotgun. Might be on later tonight after Trials for more games. 

I definitely appreciate the Gears way of doing things and it's been nice playing something that isn't afraid to do things differently.
  • Downloading at 2mb/s and was at 54% after 3 hours. made xbox download something small first. jumped to 43mb/s and 91%. WTF. How are MS and Sony so shit at this computer lark? Guess they don't have to be good at it because people buy consoles anyway. I seriously wish i had got a PC instead this generation though.
  • Is a Gears 5 likely?
  • Nobody on?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Thanks for the intro last night Gonz. Showed how long I've been away, took a few mins to stop trying to click the thumbstick to run and Y to change weapon!!! Was starting to click when I had to go but definitely felt close enough to OG. Didn't see any major issues with the shotgun, got chunked and done some chunkin. That old feeling of this is going well, let's just run in to certain death was back!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • It's good, really good.
  • Tis. Thanks to you and creamypanties too. :D
  • haha he's a crackhead but i love him
  • Oh and Happy Birthday!
  • Djornson wrote:
    haha he's a crackhead but i love him
    He's always been both completely strange and good at the game. He sort of encapsulates people who mostly only play gears
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Djornson wrote:
    haha he's a crackhead but i love him
    He's always been both completely strange and good at the game. He sort of encapsulates people who mostly only play gears

Yeah, stoners who play a ton, love the game, live for 1 on 1 battles and giving somebody a good chunking, no interest in team tactics.
  • Gonzales (auto stays), I never thanked for the offer of you slinging me a boner on the temps, sadly I just don't have time atm. Once I get my house sorted so have free time + dedicated games space let's talk.

Seriously long for those gow days gone by
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Double XP for Social and Horde this weekend.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sorry Elf - movie + work snookered coop
  • That's just as well, cos family and exhaustion/tiredness snookered me! I managed to get an hour of campaign in at 7-8pm though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Got carried through horde mode by some randoms. It's alright. It's no Destiny raid
  • Played some campaign last night. Insane living up to its name, at one stage I had a locust running at me with grenade in hand ready to tag but I popped his head like a melon with the shotty. Still too rusty to stick to the slow and easy approach so dropped to Hardcore and played up to a Horde part. Hate that they stick that in the campaign, if I wanna play Horde I'll play Horde!
  • Also playing on Hardcore and loving the campaign , surprised how great the game looks .

I personally like Horde parts , just mixes it up a bit that's all
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Just done a driving part. :(
  • Well apart from that bit . The graphics for the storm were amazing , especially the physics for  all the bits flying around because of it.

I'm loving the first of the new enemies I've come across , the moving little fuckers .
  • Also , at the moment Hardcore isn't that hard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!