Gears thread
  • Hardcore is meant to be like Halo's Heroic. Not exactly hard, but the way it was meant to be played. Or something. So it's normal in all but name.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tonight, elf??
  • Ok why not. Been busy but might be able to fit a bit in. 9:30ish?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    should be ok - let's aim for that!
  • Yeah,Hardcore is fine. Insane is actually OK but you've gotta take your time. Best kept for a 2nd playthrough. 
    Those first new enemies get the blood pumping. Had me thinking they should have an MP mode where you can be the different characters with their various attributes, could be interesting. 
    Storm sections are a bit off putting, nice to look at but a bit of a pain. 
    Had a quick shot of MP before dragging myself to bed. Really enjoyed it, seems fair. I'm getting kills and killed at a rate reasonably consistent with previous games. That arms race is quite fun. Wish we could organise a full private lobby to include that and some dodge ball. Gridlock looks amazing.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    they should have an MP mode where you can be the different characters with their various attributes, could be interesting.

they did didn't they, in 3 or judgement? you could be all sorts of weird locust and had to attack the cog base. (cog were other online players.)

I also played a bit of MP last night, seems to be lots of good teams now, I was doing ok but my team still lost every match because not working together.

I feel like my shotgun takes forever to fire sometimes. Possibly after just switch to it or from cover.
  • Must've missed that although I didn't play much MP after OG. 
    Are you playing ranked or social? Don't think I'd touch ranked on my own.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Must've missed that although I didn't play much MP after OG.  Are you playing ranked or social? Don't think I'd touch ranked on my own.

It was in judgement, which you'll get free soon , along with the others
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • You could be Locust in Gears 3 too.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Enjoying the mp but I fear the game won't have the community legs that it once did. Definitely up for Gears 'n Beers Fridays though (except without the beers :P)
  • There is definitely a community of gears players who play lots, it just doesn't include many from here. No reason we can't have preferred private games, they can still be a laugh but for most people now a week has passed I don't think they can expect to win, or maybe even enjoy, pub games solo or even if it 1 or 2 others, the skills required just to get by on core tdm games are such that you need to play it a lot, talk and coordinate, preferably both.

You don't really need skills to have fund in privates, however. If someone else organised dates etc, I'll turn up.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    You could be Locust in Gears 3 too.

It's starting to come back to me. Forget I said anything. That's best left in the past.
  • Was talking to Nexx about this. Destiny has ruined the development of new forum shooters. Better PvP games are coming and going but the compulsion is strong.

I really like Destiny and it's the pinnacle of PvE but, man... #playoverwatch.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Silence you, back to Blizzards' love nest with you!
  • Was talking to Nexx about this. Destiny has ruined the development of new forum shooters. Better PvP games are coming and going but the compulsion is strong.

I really like Destiny and it's the pinnacle of PvE but, man... #playoverwatch.

Yeah I agree, sadly no internet meant I had to catch up on destiny new content, I've done 2 raids, one more and I'll have that exotic pulse. After that I expect to only play pvP and rekindle my love for gears, mechanically it is pretty much perfect, but I will probably need to find another group of players than from here in the long term.

I also think party chat killed gears, Curtis made the point that loadsa people actually joined our community of gears players from randomly talking to each other on gears 1
  • Rip lazy gunn, cuckoo, my first ever gears game was with him and a few others, they downed me and teabagged screaming "it's that cunt gonzo from the forum". Awful news.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Party chat and getting older. To be fair, I've been on a few nights on my own now. Saw Hodge on last night but got invited to a Destiny Raid so did that. Gotta feed the crack fiend.
  • Was talking to Nexx about this. Destiny has ruined the development of new forum shooters. Better PvP games are coming and going but the compulsion is strong. I really like Destiny and it's the pinnacle of PvE but, man... #playoverwatch.

Overwatch amazing but find it frustrating and pointless alone. Gears more casual. I am casul
  • Nearly impulse bought this today but GAME can do one at 50 quid.
  • It'll be a chalice in four weeks
  • Exactly.
    If they were charging 40 I would have bought it there and then, you can get it for 37 online, I don't mind paying that few quid more but not over a tenner more.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Rip lazy gunn, cuckoo, my first ever gears game was with him and a few others, they downed me and teabagged screaming "it's that cunt gonzo from the forum". Awful news.
    ??
  • Yeah go mental health thread. Devastated
  • I'm speechless. This is shocking. I saw your post and the searched Off Topic for the death thread or something. I thought you were joking.

I knew he was struggling, I read the mental thread now and then. Shit, this is fucked. 

:(
  • :(
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Rip lazy gunn, cuckoo, my first ever gears game was with him and a few others, they downed me and teabagged screaming "it's that cunt gonzo from the forum". Awful news.
    I remember that, and now I'm doing that wistful smile with tears in my eyes thing.

so sad

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Back at you mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Played a couple of hours last night. Disappointing Execution is ranked only but I've played my games and been given my low level. Played some TDM and Guardian as well on social I think. Can take a while to find matches sometimes and there was some noticeable lag at times, hopefully not a sign of rapid decline. Anyway,I had two of the best games I'm likely ever to have so I'm going to leave evidence here to prove I played well twice!

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=XZGH2en%2B2VhrvnWB9AgfJOFRX9JOAoGY0sa5p3zQ1Q8%3D&st=2016-10-20T09%3A38%3A06Z&se=2016-10-20T10%3A43%3A06Z&sp=r&__gda__=1476960186_9a687a13c5dddde7ffb26c91846a3069

https://youtu.be/PgdJJcvMioQ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!