Gears thread
  • I've downloaded this. Got a 2 quid pass for 2 months. Turns out I had 25 quid in my account.

Haven't played it yet
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is the most cromulent game. It's gorgeous, sounds amazing, but (and I know I'm going to open a worm can) it's like The Order but on Bone.

So many stupid things, like characters unable to move over 6 inch rises in the ground because they're not on critical paths, are just nonsense in this day and age.

The mechanics of the game are incredibly satisfying cover mechanics and shooting, but the concept of an open world is absolutely null.

Gears needs more than this to reinvent itself. I'd love for it to just go fully MP, for example, but where it is, is becoming more and more archaic.

Visuals of the year? Aye
    Sound / accessibility of the year ? Aye

Playing it ? Eh.
  • Nothing wrong with having huge production values and pretty standard, fun mechanics.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    This is the most cromulent game. It's gorgeous, sounds amazing, but (and I know I'm going to open a worm can) it's like The Order but on Bone.

So many stupid things, like characters unable to move over 6 inch rises in the ground because they're not on critical paths, are just nonsense in this day and age.

The mechanics of the game are incredibly satisfying cover mechanics and shooting, but the concept of an open world is absolutely null.

Gears needs more than this to reinvent itself. I'd love for it to just go fully MP, for example, but where it is, is becoming more and more archaic.

Visuals of the year? Aye

Playing it ? Eh.

Are you describing Death Stranding?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Visuals of the year? Aye

Playing it ? Eh.

Are you describing Death Stranding?

I dunno, it's not out yet.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nothing wrong with having huge production values and pretty standard, fun mechanics.
    No, there isn't. Again, it's perfectly cromulent. It's a 3/5. THATS NOT A BAD SCORE
  • I guess it depends a bit on expectations going in.

I thought it was just gonna be another straight up Gears so having the world a bit more open was a welcome suprise for me.

If I was expecting actual open world then yeah I would be a bit miffed.

It serves its purpose well but it isnt the re-imagining that will keep the franchise afloat for another 6 titles.

It will be interesting to see if Halo offers more or if it is just another small iteration.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This was purposed as the reimagining, and I haven't played it but apparently Escape is not great, and Horde is as it was. It feels a lot like Halo 4 - a new studio finding their feet, rocking the graphics, but not quite knowing what to do with it. A bit of a shame all in all, but it's still a fun game I'll play through.
  • It's a lot fucking better than Halo 4!

That game was the worst.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    One of my picks of the decade there.
  • I'm not even gonna touch the single player, or play horde with you donkeys. I'll pass on the "bantz", thanks. I just wanna know if the gnasher is balanced, is boom OP, and will there be a sufficiently large player pool so I don't have to play TDM
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's a lot fucking better than Halo 4!

That game was the worst.
    It was also cromulent.
  • Is this a Conan reference?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nope
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Simmer Doon
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yr chainsaw is there my love
  • I'm not even gonna touch the single player, or play horde with you donkeys. I'll pass on the "bantz", thanks. I just wanna know if the gnasher is balanced, is boom OP, and will there be a sufficiently large player pool so I don't have to play TDM

It's got the most balanced and best gnasher of any gears, I'll dig a vid out when I'm home.
  • Please do
  • Imo gears odst (I can't remember what it's called) had the best gnasher, all around most balanced gunplay. Gears 4 was way worse imo.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    One of my picks of the decade there.

That's because you like bad halol.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I like all Halol.
  • I do too, I suppose. But 4 was the worst.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don’t think it was for MP. I think Reach was worse.
  • Imo gears odst (I can't remember what it's called) had the best gnasher, all around most balanced gunplay. Gears 4 was way worse imo.

Fuck the gnasher, Gears isn't about guns. ;)
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I've really enjoyed what I've played so far. Game play is top notch gears action. Matched with incredible visuals and sound design make it overall exactly what I wanted.

What I've been surprised at so far is I've actually liked the script/voice acting.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly wrote:
    This was purposed as the reimagining, and I haven't played it but apparently Escape is not great, and Horde is as it was. It feels a lot like Halo 4 - a new studio finding their feet, rocking the graphics, but not quite knowing what to do with it. A bit of a shame all in all, but it's still a fun game I'll play through.

Fair.
    Although the Campaign is an improvement unlike Halo 4.

You should give it a go though. On paper it is a mild step up but it feels much better than 4. I am really enjoying it and I had largely written it off as 4 was all a bit meh.
  • Anyway I just bossed a Horde up to 37 then quit for Taskmaster.

The weekly challenges to unlock skins and that are obscene.
    "Collect 1mil energy in Horde" I have played a reasonable amount and have nowhere near that. That is 1 of 5 challenges.

One of th escape challenges is to finish it with 3 different characters 15 times each. So 45 Escape wins without someone else selecting your character choice.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I don’t think it was for MP. I think Reach was worse.

I agree, Halo 4 MP was decent. Different, but decent. Halo 5 MP is great. Single player of both poor in comparison to other Halos. Reach single player great, MP poor. Oh shit sorry, wrong thread :D
  • Think I just got a 24 hour ban for calling someone who hogged all the ammo in escape "a dumb cunt".
    I miss the old days of Xbox where that would be considered constructive, especially in Gears.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Imo gears odst (I can't remember what it's called) had the best gnasher, all around most balanced gunplay. Gears 4 was way worse imo.

Fuck the gnasher, Gears isn't about guns. ;)

*Hears Clicky tag sound*

Fucking Hodge

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!