Androids, Everybody needs good Androids
  • Since I've now declared it at work, the free thing I got through the post yesterday is an Xperia 5 V.

Looking online, it's £849 and some places are selling it for £749.

I couldn't help myself so broke the seal and checked it out last night.

I'm surprised at how painfully average it is. The best thing about it is the SD card and headphones jack, but even then all it demonstrated to me is how much faster internal storage is.

It's a great freebie (if I get to keep it), but if I'd bought it at £849 I'd feel extremely short-changed.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    How's the camera?
  • I took a couple of pictures of the boy last night and those pictures were comparable to my S23. Slightly colder in colour, but perfectly good.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Xperia for me was always about sound quality. As a music player mine was unparalleled. Too pricey for me now, though.
  • Kow wrote:
    The Xperia for me was always about sound quality. As a music player mine was unparalleled. Too pricey for me now, though.

This is bang on.  It sounds crystal clear with wired headphones.  Definitely the best thing about it.  That said, I bought an iFi Audio Go Link only last month, which achieves the same quality from my Samsung phone.
  • My S23 just got the big"AI" update. I'm going to lose so many hours with the comedy photo shops.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!