Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Thicko filter innit.
    You could imagine the standard of applicants for that job if they didn't have it.
    Dante is just upset that he doesn’t have the qualifications nor standard of education required to moderate Mumsnet.

I, with my BA Sociology, shall be applying asap.
  • BA Hons Animation here, ready to moderate some Mums.
  • The fact that everything in moderation is good for you, compels me to apply.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have imposed an IT infrastructure lock down which has been in place since 18th Dec. 

No way I'm having anyone changing anything with a hangover and then pissing off on holiday.

It will remain in place until Mon 8th Jan.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Can you do that for us too?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If I could I would.  Believe me.

We used to have so many screw ups the week before Christmas. I've being doing this for 4 years now. Saves so much pain.
  • I've made my early-January media opportunity go away. And my hangover's lifted. It's a Christmas miracle!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    On the complete other side of that coin, I managed to bodge a deployment together last night, set it running then went out on the department christmas do

Luckily I trust myself not to have fucked anything too badly, though I did breathe quite the sigh of relief when I got the email telling me that build and deploy was successful, that's when it became jager time
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Issues with our MITEL VoIP system resolved. All week we've been having DB corruption on one of our nodes - and it would be the node that drives the main switchboard. Despite us having resilience this particular problem was causing synchronisation issues across the whole system.

Engineer in until midnight last night rebuilding it. So far so good.

We also have issues with our new VM hosts. Looks like a networking issue - possible mis-config - causing VMs to not be able to communicate after they v-motion to another host.  Also causes our main v-centre admin server to lose sight of the hosts seemingly at random. Yesterday I at long last got the supplier to agree this was an issue that came up during install and wasn't captured as an issue.

We have workarounds in place for Christmas sanity and meeting the engineers on-site who built this the week after next.

.....and breathe.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Work is easy today it's glorious
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    So far so good here too.

Steady as she goes.
  • Work is easy today it's glorious

*phones Dunelm*
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Work is easy today it's glorious

I'm going on the piss in a minute, still paid until 1pm.

Best of luck DS.
  • I'm here till fucking 8PM.

And no, I don't care that the phone you have that's been broken for 3 months that you're only just reporting will be sent away over Christmas.
  • I've only got a single nightshift left tomorrow night so my serving customers is done for this Xmas. Thank fuck.

Out for the missus' bday getting drunk at breakfast. Top stuff.
  • Happy birthday to Mrs Gav!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bidet miss gav!

Works.put a buffet on, fucking hell.people running to grab it. Limp sandwiches and cake, good shit.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Issues with our MITEL VoIP system resolved. All week we've been having DB corruption on one of our nodes - and it would be the node that drives the main switchboard. Despite us having resilience this particular problem was causing synchronisation issues across the whole system.

Engineer in until midnight last night rebuilding it. So far so good.

We also have issues with our new VM hosts. Looks like a networking issue - possible mis-config - causing VMs to not be able to communicate after they v-motion to another host.  Also causes our main v-centre admin server to lose sight of the hosts seemingly at random. Yesterday I at long last got the supplier to agree this was an issue that came up during install and wasn't captured as an issue.

We have workarounds in place for Christmas sanity and meeting the engineers on-site who built this the week after next.

.....and breathe.

Hmm *rubs hands together* sounds like should use seen alternate visualized VoIP provider.... I've heard some good things about some folks up in North London...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Issues with our MITEL VoIP system resolved. All week we've been having DB corruption on one of our nodes - and it would be the node that drives the main switchboard. Despite us having resilience this particular problem was causing synchronisation issues across the whole system. Engineer in until midnight last night rebuilding it. So far so good. We also have issues with our new VM hosts. Looks like a networking issue - possible mis-config - causing VMs to not be able to communicate after they v-motion to another host.  Also causes our main v-centre admin server to lose sight of the hosts seemingly at random. Yesterday I at long last got the supplier to agree this was an issue that came up during install and wasn't captured as an issue. We have workarounds in place for Christmas sanity and meeting the engineers on-site who built this the week after next. .....and breathe.
    Hmm *rubs hands together* sounds like should use seen alternate visualized VoIP provider.... I've heard some good things about some folks up in North London...

Heh...we are still running on appliances - I've been wanting to virtualise them but want to wait until we get SIP trunks in first - getting that sorted in January. Will create 2 points of entry into the corporate WAN and have 2 virtualised nodes - one at the primary and one at the secondary data centre. Each point of entry will have enough channels to take the full load but we will load balance over both and then fail to one if there is a problem as a BC arrangement.

Then I can ditch those aging boxes AND strip out a lot of ISDN services.

Opens up options for cloud provision after that but I want to draw breath and get our primary data centre move out of way (end of Feb) which is a joy as we host our own web site and we have a zone that delivers services to a separate organisation on their WAN under contract. Yikes.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyhow - 10 to 5. Our IT service desk shuts at 5 (one of my charges). Then I'm off until 2nd January.
  • Dear cunts. A Final Response letter is, shockingly, the final response. The steps you can take from there do not include calling me back to moan about it.
  • I told so many colleagues tonight that I can no longer be fucked with it. Every one of them agreed. I think our company is screwed.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bidet miss gav! Works.put a buffet on, fucking hell.people running to grab it. Limp sandwiches and cake, good shit.

Tubs.gif
  • Got the job.

Goodfuckingbye, retail. Thanks for the cheese x
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    200w_s.gif

Why is giphy being a total cunt?
  • Well done @Gav. What's the role?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!