PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    wlb gav
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I agree with everyone, but you need to be honest about your cash situstion. Brutally honest. If your overtime and upset and long hours is making you go “treat yo self” more often, then perhaps the overtime isn’t really benefiting you. If you want your work life balance to be lesser, you also have to accept you need to be stricter with cash too. Both situations have their pros and cons, it’s shitty being in a situation where you can’t just have both, so make sure you’re making the right long term decision for yourself.
  • Thanks folks. Let me break it down a bit more.

If I do a backshift during the week (1400-2200), between 2000-2200 is time & a half, all day Saturday is the same, all day Sunday is double time regardless of shift.

I work some weekends, some I don't. A "good" week can be worth an extra third of a weekly wage.

Think I'll probably go for it. A standardised wage may actually help me manage money better. Plus I actually don't see myself here for years anyway.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Personally, I’d go for the set shifts, but then I don’t cope very well with a lack of structure in my life.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Work/life balance everytime gav
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    First day back in werk

An hour late

No idea what I'm doing

:boththumbs:
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • You know how every workplace has that one person who knows how everything works, where everything’s kept, and how the filing system works? Ours has just resigned.

Fuck.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    We have four in our work who know every single system inside out. Myself and three others. One of the others has had to sign a waiver saying he won't help other colleagues because he forgot to put the weight on a collection. Cost the company a whole 300 pounds.

Company with a value of over one billion
  • You don’t get to one billion by costing your company £300
    100/flex/grifting/hustle every day/self made
  • Cunts with a value of over one billion

I think that’s what you meant to say.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I wouldn't mind a "help waiver", where do I sign
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, get my name on that fucker.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye's Top Prefessional Tip of the Day: Don't lock the key to your company's cellar padlock... behind the padlocked cellar door.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Personally I'd take the fixed hours. It might skim down the opportunity for overtime but it also gives you a little more security. You're also guaranteed to be there being seen by decision makers as you won't be on night shift or whatever. If you find you are short of cash at any point there's nothing to stop you picking up extra in hospitality a couple of evenings a week or maybe Saturday morning in retail or something
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Take the theatre job Gav.  Working in a hospital is always best when you feel part of the team - that's easier to create if you're working with the same people consistently.
  • More personal time, stability and daytime hours would (for me) be HUGELY more important than a bit of extra cash. Unless you really, really need the extra cash, natch.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Yeah I've just been dealt a nightshift doubler next weekend in A&E.

Working on the application letter tonight lololol
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah I've just been dealt a nightshift doubler next weekend in A&E. Working on the application letter tonight lololol

hahaha, all about the right motivation at the right time
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    EvilRedEye's Top Prefessional Tip of the Day: Don't lock the key to your company's cellar padlock... behind the padlocked cellar door.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Easy mode:

bc14_lg.jpg
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Fortunately the landlord has a key (I think they need to have one as there's a gas isolation point inside). They're going to let me in tommorow.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Get it changed out for a combination padlock. Key padlocks are a dumb idea for this very reason.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Back at Royal Mail today for a few weeks to tide me over until I start training at the end of the month.

I hate it here.
    It’s so damn depressing. Been here for an hour and already been moved from sorting one round to “can you just tidy the warehouse for a bit?”

I’m just wandering round picking up litter.
    This is awful.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Not to worry mate. Soon it'll be a distant memory. Onwards and upwards.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I know. I just hate it so so much.
    Plus my wife text me, she’s really sick and has been chucking up all morning and is struggling to look after herself and the kids and I feel like I’m just wasting time here when I should be at home helping
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • You’re doing the important thing of getting paid and making sure there is a home. It’s whoever’s managing you at work that’s wasting time, not you.

But yeah, you know all that. Feel free to have a moan.
  • I’m just giving up and putting my feet up. Fed up of walking round pretending to be busy when there’s fuck all to do.
  • You should have brought your Switch...
  • I should have yea
  • Quiet day at work, so was chatting to some contractors at work, who have been there for years. They do the same sort of work i do, however they are paid fantasically well. The topic of retirement came up and they were discussing how they all want to be retired by age 55.

I really have to give contracting a go if i can. I know the grass is always greener on the other side. However these guys have kids in private schools that cost 18k a year. Multiple properites, trust funds for the kids, holidays at least once a year. Very nice motors as well.

I always wondered if you had to be very good at what you did to go contracting. But its a mixed bag, some are worth their day rate, but they are in the minority. The most are very average at their jobs. I know job security can be an issue, but the financial rewards available make it very tempting if i can get onto the contracting ladder.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!