Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Turns out leaving the force is a bit more involved than just throwing your badge and gun across the chiefs desk and storming out with a leather jacket thrown over one shoulder.

But do it anyway.

And ask him to yell something as you depart, maybe about being a loose cannon and that when you fight terrorists you're supposed to wait for back up!
  • I think I will actually do that
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I asked but he wouldnt humour me.
    Well that's all done. That page has turned, that book has closed, that ship has sailed, that... Thing... Is... Over.
    Erm.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • A new chapter begins. :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Good news. Now go punch a criminal.
  • Fucking g.man interrupting.  *punches g.man*
  • Police! Police!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • G, did that sting?
  • I am guessing this missing letters are "man needs new".
  • Wooookie. You don't have to put on that red light.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I am guessing this missing letters are "man needs new".

So he can sail to find a message in a bottle?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    I am guessing this missing letters are "man needs new".

So he can sail to find a message in a bottle?

In a field of gold?
  • Turns out Wookie was one of those undercover woke journos. The police are in for a hell of a time
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Are there any UK badgers working from home who haven’t applied for extra tax relief yet?

It’s dead simple. You only need to have worked even one day from home this year to qualify for your tax code to be changed for the whole year. You’ll get about £125 of tax relief over the 12 months.

You need a Government Gateway ID. You can set one up with your National Insurance number if you don’t already have one.

Go here: https://gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/working-at-home

The only info you need is the date you started working from home because of Covid-19. That’s it. Nothing else. Your tax code gets amended and your employer does the rest.
  • I feel like I’m making more money than before so I’d feel weirdly bad about doing it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Are you making more, or just spending less?
  • Donate your tax relief to me if you feel bad about it.
  • poprock wrote:
    Are there any UK badgers working from home who haven’t applied for extra tax relief yet?

It’s dead simple. You only need to have worked even one day from home this year to qualify for your tax code to be changed for the whole year. You’ll get about £125 of tax relief over the 12 months.

You need a Government Gateway ID. You can set one up with your National Insurance number if you don’t already have one.

The only info you need is the date you started working from home because of Covid-19. That’s it. Nothing else. Your tax code gets amended and your employer does the rest.

Been meaning to do this, though a part of me is worried they will look more closely at our income and a sudden unexpected tax bill will arrive.
  • You can instead ask your employer for £6 a month. The HMRC tax adjustment works out at around £1.20 a month. You won’t get the money in a rebate, you’ll just pay less tax over the remainder of the tax year.

If your employer pays you the £6, then it can be used to offset against corporation tax gains.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Are there any UK badgers working from home who haven’t applied for extra tax relief yet?

Been meaning to do this, though a part of me is worried they will look more closely at our income and a sudden unexpected tax bill will arrive.

Do you both pay PAYE? If so I can't imagine why there would be an unexpected tax bill incoming.
  • Unless he’s actively dodging tax somewhere and is worried about getting caught.
  • Are you making more, or just spending less?

This one

But it’s telling how expensive a car is and going out.

Also I have this weird morality where I feel like tax breaks are bad. Although I do have an ISA and pay pension so it’s not some kind of 100% rule.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Donate your tax relief to me if you feel bad about it.

Set up a patreon!
  • Take what is offered (obviously while remaining honest).
    You never know when they will ask for more back or your situation will change and it will be out of your control then.

If nothing else use it to help somebody else. The gov won't give kids meals, support people's cost of living who lost their jobs, help out cultural businesses that make being human worthwhile then take the £60 rebate and hand it to a food bank, a friend in need or a business on the brink.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Take what is offered (obviously while remaining honest). You never know when they will ask for more back or your situation will change and it will be out of your control then. If nothing else use it to help somebody else. The gov won't give kids meals, support people's cost of living who lost their jobs, help out cultural businesses that make being human worthwhile then take the £60 rebate and hand it to a food bank, a friend in need or a business on the brink.

Correct. It's there. If you want it, take it. If you don't want it but can get it, use it to help someone who got laid off/is in financial dire straits and thus doesn't get any tax relief and likely gets fuck all from benefits.

That's not me asking btw, I am managing. I just think if you can bleed the government to help someone who needs it you should. A reminder that some of us aren't turning our heating on til we can afford it.

If you wanna chuck it on 2 PS5 games or whatever, fair fucks.
  • 125 quid to the covid fund courtesy of dishi rishi, I can get with that.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Its like a really dull form filling Robin Hood story.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!