General Games News
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mashed was as near as dammit an updated Micro Machines, but was sadly overlooked.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Mashed was as near as dammit an updated Micro Machines, but was sadly overlooked.

Fuckin a. Cracker of a game. Many a night local mp on that bad boy.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Re-release that with online play and it’d be an insta-purchase for me. Can’t see it happening, though.
  • Yeah it was released at the wrong time really. Now with all the online action you could do would make it epic.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I don't know how we went from new entries of Sega franchises to a remake of a third party MD game but there have been plenty of new Micro Machine games since 2.

There's even a PS4/XOne entry. So you know, vote with your wallets.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Micro Machines was always a PlayStation game to me. Didn’t know it existed on the MD.
  • I don't know how we went from new entries of Sega franchises to a remake of a third party MD game but there have been plenty of new Micro Machine games since two. There's even a PS4/XOne entry. So you know, vote with your wallets.

Buying poor entries in the hope they remake a good one is a long game though.  I was well up for grabbing it on PS4 until the 'it's kind of okay I guess but not as good as the old ones' feedback filtered through.
  • poprock wrote:
    Micro Machines was always a PlayStation game to me. Didn’t know it existed on the MD.

For me I always associate it with the NES, although I do appreciate the MD had the best entry in MM96.

As much as I liked it, its kinda not a great game, which I think is why all the more modern entries get mixed reviews.

Yeah its a fun multiplayer game, but only for those of equal ability. It all comes down to track memorisation, so as a casual MP experience it fails imo.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It's top 5 local mp ever imo.  Fun for all-newbies and outstanding for those familiar with the controls (or layouts).  Tough to find an mp game that suits a roomful of varying skillsets, your equal ability criticism would apply to most games, surely?
  • 1-2 Switch was good with just about anyone, and Monkey Ball also pulled off that trick (in certain mini-games, albeit not all). But yeah, it's a hard balance.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    A third Sonic Racing game that isnt the one they just released.

No cunt wants Big the Twat. We want Sega nostalgia.

I’m not going to disagree with the Big comment, but - I think - he first appeared in Sonic Adventure, which is coming up to 20 years old. That is nostalgia.

• It's Bad Nostalgia though.  No-one wants to see Vector the Crocodile either.
  • I want Princess Sally from the Sonic the Hedgehog card game.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's top 5 local mp ever imo.  Fun for all-newbies and outstanding for those familiar with the controls (or layouts).  Tough to find an mp game that suits a roomful of varying skillsets, your equal ability criticism would apply to most games, surely?

Honestly, I think Mashed pipped it. The addition of being able to try and take revenge once you’ve been knocked out was inspired.
  • Yep.

Also, shout out to kung fu chaos.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I want Princess Sally from the Sonic the Hedgehog card game.

Horny Mike strikes again
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's top 5 local mp ever imo.  Fun for all-newbies and outstanding for those familiar with the controls (or layouts).  Tough to find an mp game that suits a roomful of varying skillsets, your equal ability criticism would apply to most games, surely?

Not always. MK love or hate its rubber banding is what makes it so popular. Sure me or Sam won 90% of the races on MKDS when we played MP on lunches, but Barry bless him won the odd race to rapturous applause/laughter. That could not happen on MM, a novice would be lucky to win a point let alone a race against a seasoned player.

Yossarian wrote:
    Honestly, I think Mashed pipped it. The addition of being able to try and take revenge once you’ve been knocked out was inspired.

This would not surprise me. MM2 isn't even the best MM game on MD let alone of all time. The nostalgia is strong with it and I get that, but people seem to ignore whats come since or pine for a remake of 2.

I wouldn't mind betting the new one is good, but no one seems to be willing to take a chance.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Tempy wrote:
    I want Princess Sally from the Sonic the Hedgehog card game.
    Horny Mike strikes again

Wanna know my secret....?
    Spoiler:
  • LivDiv wrote:
    A Ristar sequel would be great. It is an often overlooked gem.

Good shout. I never played much of it tbf but it always seemed like a bit of an underrated MD game to me.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • MM2 isn't even the best MM game on MD let alone of all time. The nostalgia is strong with it and I get that, but people seem to ignore whats come since or pine for a remake of 2.

Either/or really for me, regarding 2 or '96.  Pining for MM2 ahead of MM96 is akin to someone saying 'member Street Fighter 2' rather than specifying that they mean Street Fighter 2: Turbo edition; it's the memory inception point for many.  The move to 3D took away some of the purity, despite the quality of Micro Machines V3, which is why no-one's saying the equivalent of 'I wish they'd remake Streetfighter EX2'.  Fixed perspective + non roving camera is by far the best way to play MM.  There's mp fun to be had with your V4's and the like no doubt, but side by side with MM2 they can go in the bin.
  • Multi tap MM V3 on PlayStation for me, thanks Clive.
  • I always liked Micro Maniacs.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Still no Loaded remake is an oversight
  • I forgot Maniacs and Military, they were both alright.  Ignore my previous post, the order is all wrong.
  • V3 is the one for me.

Also Big the Cat gen get in a bin, and be set on fire.
  • V3 brought back the tanks, that was big.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    excuse me i want to see victor the crocodile
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    MM2 isn't even the best MM game on MD let alone of all time. The nostalgia is strong with it and I get that, but people seem to ignore whats come since or pine for a remake of 2.
    Either/or really for me, regarding 2 or '96.  Pining for MM2 ahead of MM96 is akin to someone saying 'member Street Fighter 2' rather than specifying that they mean Street Fighter 2: Turbo edition; it's the memory inception point for many.  The move to 3D took away some of the purity, despite the quality of Micro Machines V3, which is why no-one's saying the equivalent of 'I wish they'd remake Streetfighter EX2'.  Fixed perspective + non roving camera is by far the best way to play MM.  There's mp fun to be had with your V4's and the like no doubt, but side by side with MM2 they can go in the bin.

96/2 compared to II/Turbo fair enough but not sure about plucking V3 VS EX out as a comparison.

The underlying problem with MM is that the last one sold poorly, and that's a sure-fire way to kill a franchise. Especially one the developer will have to pay royalties to license.

I just think its a bit of a shame everyone seems to pine for a remake of 2 yet ignore new ones, especially as we got onto this from 'what Sega franchise would you like to see resurrected'.

Not only is MM not a Sega franchise, but its been resurrected... multiple times, and ignored... multiple times.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!