General Games News
  • See I don't think it's particularly hard to nail down a release date for it. It came out for Early Access in 2017. It left Early Access and gained an official release date in 2019. The release date is either 2017 or 2019 depending on if you allow early access or not.

The one year it was certainly not released in was 2018.
  • As soon as Luigi's mansion 3 drops it's going to blow everything else out of the water anyway.
  • Games have basically evolved their delivery methods past the constraints of list building and you luddites just cannae handle it. Back to the SNES wi the lot of ye.

Slay the Spire forever!
  • Tempy wrote:
    Yeah, fine, but if someone's going to run these things they need to be willing to say no sometimes. It just didn't fit last year, this year it does. And now we'll have a weird situation where last year's winner will presumably be this year's favourite for quite a few people.
    That’s the organisers fault, not my fault for voting for it. If the same people don’t vote for it I don’t see it being a huge issue, but then as i’ve said I think people but too much import in the number something gets rather than why it’s being voted for anyway.
    It's not your fault, no. It's not just about the numbers either. I can't wait to read about why everyone likes Slay the Spire again this year.
  • So what you’re saying is you don’t care about the people who didn’t play it last year? Quite rude!
  • There will be arguments over Link's Awakening, mark my words.
  • I personally love to read everyone’s opinions on this here web forum. I cultivate your opinions like delicate seeds in the garden of my mind palace. Each one blossoms into a fully formed picture of the person they represent, resplendent in the glow of a digital sun.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yeah, fine, but if someone's going to run these things they need to be willing to say no sometimes. It just didn't fit last year, this year it does. And now we'll have a weird situation where last year's winner will presumably be this year's favourite for quite a few people.

Hey, I’ve always said no. But I just gave in last year only. Including your vote for SotC.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Hollow Knight got voted two years in a row. By the same person. Guess who? Hint: he’s a moron and a cunt.
    This might be me but I can't remember.  Seems unlikely I would've voted for it on PC, so I'm gonna guess...Muzzy?

Read the hint again. Who else could it possibly be but Muzzy?!
  • LivDiv wrote:
    There will be arguments over Link's Awakening, mark my words.

Finished it when I was still in primary school, without a walkthrough. Pro gamer strats here.
  • Is Journey even a game?
  • That’s it. I’m out of here.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Hey, I’ve always said no. But I just gave in last year only. Including your vote for SotC.

On the most ludicrous ask ever as well.
  • It’s not allowed this year. It’s just not allowed. Any other decision is ludicrous. That’s it. Elf fucked up last year. There’s nothing more to be said and I trust that settles the matter.
  • Thread title updated
  • It's not even a pariah. It's just nothing. It's a nothing game that no longer exists. Sink the thread. Delete your installs. Wipe your save files. Strike it from memory. Suppress the shame.
  • Do Not Trust This Game
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    The best part of GotY is the mini reviews that people do do the games and the justifications they for sticking games in that barely got a showing elsewhere.

I've bought multiple games on the strength of enthusiastic badger recs in GotY threads over the years.  I'm a sucker for passion.

Same and despite playing less than an hour of divinity original sin I'm still tempted to pick it up on the strength of cintys passion.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Not sure why that was controversial, but if that was the rule it should have been the rule.

Man, Resi 2 better count this year. If anyone thinks that's the same game they could've played 20 years ago, then, well, I just don't know what to say anymore.
  • JonB wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Not sure why that was controversial, but if that was the rule it should have been the rule.

Man, Resi 2 better count this year. If anyone thinks that's the same game they could've played 20 years ago, then, well, I just don't know what to say anymore.

I woulda said the one 20 years ago was so much better and more surprising.
    Was amazing at the time.

Resi2 remake is kinda marmite.
  • For those getting their knickers in a twist (and I’ve been there myself, too) it’s not a big deal if people vote for Slay the Spire again. Nothing will happen if it wins two years in a row. It does not diminish your enjoyment of writing about the games you’ve liked the best, and it doesn’t stop you from enjoying the write-ups of all the other games people have enjoyed. Given the ridiculousness of assigning scores, and how much the system will change depending on scoring schemes, the final results are the least meaningful or important part of the whole process.
  • I vote for Marmite as GOTY.
  • If Slay the Spire is in again I'm having Destiny 2.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Two years later and people still haven't finished Destiny 2. What's taking you so long?
  • If Slay the Spire is in again I'm having Destiny 2.

Massive update today, go for it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm voting Hollow Knight
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Read 107 new posts and all I know is I need to get the worst game thread going.

Now that thread has RULES
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its BORDERLANDS 3 BABY
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Retro-bit have announced 2.4 GHz wireless 6-button Mega Drive and Saturn controllers. Come with two dongles, one for original hardware and one for modern devices such as Mega Drive Mini and modern consoles.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!