General Games News
  • g.man wrote:
    If you watch the last few minutes of his final stream and see how his mood changes, it rather looks like someone dropped the bomb on him during that stream and he knows he's in trouble.
    Yeah that last five minutes is a tough watch. Randomly saying stuff then the loud crash and fuck as the stream cuts. He knows hes fucked, whatever it is.

Did... did he get raided?
  • @DS/g
    Yeah this seems extremely serious.
  • g.man wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I don't think I'd be able to ever relax around him, he seems like one of those people who could flip. Also: https://twitter.com/TheNBAHustle/status/1276706021667299328
    Is this what passes for entertainment nowadays. I feel old and in the way.
    It is interesting isn't it. Makes you realise how old and out of touch you really are with what the younger generation are into. It's a fucking alien world to me.
    m

Don’t worry, I’m in the target market and I don’t get it either. Around 99% of streamers just baffle me, and i’d rather cute off my toes than watch DrD, and that was before the many times he outed himself as a massive twat. The whole parasocial shit that passes for entertainment these days results in some deeply toxic shit. I’ve no doubt that unless he sees jail time he’ll end up somewhere with a massive following. I recently got recommended a JonTron video by youtube that was less than a week old and had 3millioj+ views. This was the guy who came out with some incredibly racist shit. These people are like teflon cos people think they’re pals with them.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    People will already know how I feel about this guy's awful schtick, but the absolute rate at which every place is dissociating themselves from him suggests there's something really awful going on. They don't roll that hard on a partner (and delete their partner status) on allegations.

Twitter flagged it up for me on "gaming" as a mention and I've seen the end of that stream (like the last 50 seconds) and it's real fucked up.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Could well have been, his wife is in the room with him.

Considering Alinity had abused an animal on stream and not been banned, and Doc did the bathroom thing, its gotta be properly serious.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kids today, I don't get it... too old mumble mumble
  • Watch Blindboy making music live in a Bryan Ferry voice singing about Gary Lineker's ears while playing RDR2 instead, it's much better for your mental health.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Watch Blindboy making music live in a Bryan Ferry voice singing about Gary Lineker's ears while playing RDR2 instead, it's much better for your mental health.

Similarly I enjoy brief spats of Francis Higgins playing one of his many characters, like Shlug. Lots of production and inventiveness going on there.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I sub to a few channels, primarily low viewer counts who I kinda wanna give back to for all the hours Ive watched them. Only 'big'ish streamers I enjoy are Summit and Elajjaz.

Even gifted a few subs in a couple channels, primarily FM streamers who get like 30 viewers.
  • I've watched a bit of Ellajaz and used to watch Hob a fair bit when he was really pushing Souls to the limits.
    Only subs I have bothered with are the free Prime subs.

Most of my Twitch watching is to eyeball new games on release.
  • If you wanna watch people play games you gotta watch someone. It’s when the hooks get in that it becomes iffy. The whole bread and butter of the platform is to pretend you’re everyone’s pal, or at least could be. The affability tat is required for big success on twitch and, heck, any social platform comes with its responsibilities. This wave of people speaking up about men (and it’s basically nearly all men) who have abused their positions... I’d wager damn near all of them will carry on fine after because there are always a significant amount of people who believe that what they did was fine because they “know” the person. One of the things with the whole “oh these angry game lads, they’re just characters” is that streaming isn’t acting. You can’t sustain a character for the amount of time you need to on stream if you aren’t contributing a significant part of your personality to that character. They’re all riffing in some way off AVGN, but AVGN did short videos that he scripted and edited. Eventually the line between who you are playing and who you are will blur, and I don’t think it’s any surprise that so many of these loud and angry “characters” end up being shit people.
  • I think you're bang on Temps, you can't do a 1hr+ livestream and not show your colours, especially if you're engaging in an activity that will illicit a response, see 'Pewds' with his 'nigger' stuff. I mean, yeah maybe he's just using the word because he hears it from similar folk flippantly, but that still speaks volumes.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's also amazing because there's never been more interesting people to watch stream and more interesting or nuanced takes.

Fwiw I only follow the Mario maker Boys on streams because they seem to be a community that all support each other *awaits milkshake duck the way Dr D got milkshaked*
  • How the heck do you guys even know who he is?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I learned from this forum and people who were into him.
  • I only just found out the other day who this PewDiePie guy is. And that was on a bodybuilder’s channel where they were asked if PDP is natty or not.

I’m so out of touch with this shit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I only just found out the other day who this PewDiePie guy is. And that was on a bodybuilder’s channel where they were asked if PDP is natty or not.

I’m so out of touch with this shit.

Did they ever resolve how many days in a fortnight?
  • Hah! Too much anabolics messes with your ability to count...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I want to see them now reconcile Fortnite and fortnight
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyway, looks like disrespect got absolutely done. Couldn't have happened to a more toxic streamer
  • I really enjoyed the guy at first but recently I've unsubbed and just... Moved on. If you don't want to be banned, do do dicky shit I suppose.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    How the heck do you guys even know who he is?!

We live different lives to you. I’m sure there’s a lot of stuff you know that I don’t. Wouldn’t sweat it.
  • I'm amazed people watch bodybuilder channels.
    How many times can you watch someone lift the heavy thing.
  • I don’t the names of any of the muscles
  • I edited it because it didn't make sense ha
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    He's 29
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Need to stop that because there is a real icky thing around twitch streamers and their seeming invincible nature that needs to be address. More important than my bullshit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!