General Games News
  • I thought so
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I don't understand streaming and I never will. Every time I've glanced at any of the output coming from any of these guys, I'm both bored and baffled. They have no charisma, aren't funny, I feel a bit sorry for them but then remember they're all loaded. All those Fortnite guys above just seem like bog-standard stupid idiot teenagers to me. Probably the whole scene being impenetrable to old farts is part of the appeal to the kids. That video is the weirdest mix as well - showing off how rich they are in a video in which the central message is 'buy our merch'. I hope they find a sponsor for their wine rack.
  • I can't stand them. Kids with too much money
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • A lot of the Fortnite ones will be watched by kids younger than them. Bigger boys always seem cool when you're a kid, even when they aren't.
  • Yeah they're rarely kids, Ninja is what, 29 now? He's been in the game for a while but he's no spring chicken.

Only streamer i've ever gotten on with was Jorbs, he's very relaxed and calm, and is also clever so you always feel like you're learning something. Elephants here will recognise his name as I interviewed him. His wife is a teacher and his philosophy is to educate and entertain, whereas most just tend to want to do the latter as it pulls in big numbers. Helps he had a whole life before he started streaming - a life that included an education that was relevant to untangling the complexities of the games he tends to focus on.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I can't stand them. Kids with too much money

Fuck this chat, it's been the same for every generation, and it is not worth pulling up those taking advantage of current trends. Were you fucking kicking down the wall when Justin Wong was going at it?

Were you even giving a fuck when Aces played Moon back in 2011?

It's just that it's in your sphere and therefore repulsive to you personally. Kids have always had too much money, just not us.
  • I dont like yoof.
    Leave me alone to be old man shouting at clouds lol
  • "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to you!"
  • I'm fully onboard with streaming but I did find it slightly bizarre/amusing that they appear to only use they're giant TVs if they want to kick back and catch a stream.
  • I just hope there's a responsible adult somewhere keeping an eye on their outgoings.
  • The wine rack in that vid is one of the most unintentionally funny things I’ve seen in quite some time.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Recently I've been enjoying Jackfrags. Brummie accent so no annoying voice. Very chilled, often dryly funny, and very, very skilled. Also plays Warzone with the cod VO actors which makes for some funny stuff.

Also, ChocoTaco the pubg/cod goat. Another friendly chill guy.
  • OOOF!

Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Were you fucking kicking down the wall when Justin Wong was going at it?

Were you even giving a fuck when Aces played Moon back in 2011?

What language is Reg speaking here? Can anyone translate?
  • Justin Wong was an American comedy actor who starred in movies such as Jeepers Creepers and Dodgeball.

I believe he then references an Ace of Base gig from 2011 in which they covered Walking on the Moon by The Police.
  • I'd kick down a wall to not watch Muzzy play dominoes.
  • poprock wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Were you fucking kicking down the wall when Justin Wong was going at it? Were you even giving a fuck when Aces played Moon back in 2011?
    What language is Reg speaking here? Can anyone translate?

He is responding to Wookie.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Recently I've been enjoying Jackfrags. Brummie accent so no annoying voice. Very chilled, often dryly funny, and very, very skilled. Also plays Warzone with the cod VO actors which makes for some funny stuff.

Also, ChocoTaco the pubg/cod goat. Another friendly chill guy.

It depends on the strength of the accent but that's a bit of an oxymoron/contradiction in terms innit? One of the most nope accents in existence.

I didn't get streaming at all until Dr Disrespect was mentioned here for winning something or other a few years ago. Instantly disliked him for some reason but hearing him talk about mental health, suicide etc in his acceptance speech made me pause for thought and want to find out a little more about this dick head before writing him off.

Turns out he's an entertaining fucker, the Battle Royale genre lends itself to streaming in a way that most other genres don't for me, there's a narrative to a match or a run of matches I can follow, the high level play and tactics are only a part of it, I dig the story, the journey and how it plays out more I reckon. Not only is he a fun watch, but the big lad always has a few positive words to say to people suffering from depression and has spoken of his own troubles on stream, donates to charities through his streams etc. so I think if you look past the bravado and machismo which for me is only slightly an act/exaggeration, you have a guy doing a lot of good for a lot of people. I've never got into it enough to stick with it for more than a few YouTube videos of highlights, never donated or subscribed to anyone and can't really get my mind around some of the bigger donations outside of the charity stuff. I suppose people have their reasons, and it certainly doesn't feel as heavy on the merch bollocks of these Fortnite lads and other YouTube stuff aimed at kids.

I will be gutted if his current plight is as serious as it appears/is rumoured to be though. I thought the casual racism was bad enough but if it gets worse than that he really will have fucked it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It depends on the strength of the accent but that's a bit of an oxymoron/contradiction in terms innit? One of the most nope accents in existence.

Thanks. Guess the forum rule passed you by.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not liking an accent doesn't make you a dick, come on now Boris, have a word with yourself. If you can bear the sound of your own voice that is.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Double down son. Like it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Imagine being offended by someone not liking an accent. Dear me.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Love me a bit of DrDisrespect, fabulous production and charisma off the scale.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What if you didn't like the Nigerian accent?

Or how Chinese people looked?

Slippery slope isn't it, it's something your akin to born with, so with treading sensitively IMO. Given it's clear you've ruffled some feathers, belittling his view isn't hugely constructive.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Oh so I'm racist now?

Man, this took a turn.
  • Justin Wong?

Anyway, the Sidemen are hilarious.
  • g.man wrote:
    The wine rack in that vid is one of the most unintentionally funny things I’ve seen in quite some time.

Innit, "Here's our massive, expensive wine rack, but none of us drink wine"
  • Yeah but if you make some garbage sugar water with extreme branding they'll bin that wine and fill it with your product.

Now if you excuse me I'm off to get some M&Ms from my snack cabinet.
  • I just like Jackfrags :(
    LivDiv wrote:
    I believe he then references an Ace of Base gig from 2011 in which they covered Walking on the Moon by The Police.

But that ended me. Top work.
  • Where is our 2020 replacement E3 thread thing?

Devolver Digital is 8pm tomorrow (Saturday).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!