Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fortnite Nan is best Nan.
  • Fortnite Nan is best Nan.

Sure, until she has to buy a new Xbox and then she’s *the worst*.
  • I don't think I really get what I'm looking at there.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • A recording of Doom being displayed by the CPU monitor in Windows Task Manager
  • Oh I see. I recognised Doom but didn't know what it was being played on
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I guess they're deliberately scheduling varying amounts of work on each core, per frame. Genius.
  • That’s some god tier fucking about there. I hope it was done on someone’s work time.
  • I doubt it’s being played live - saw his first vid of Pokemon Intro on 1792 threads a few weeks back:
  • Are my efforts at video tags for nothing now? Fuck you guys.
  • Classic Muzzy
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Are my efforts at video tags for nothing now? Fuck you guys.
    Heh. I didn't like to mention it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • A tough but important watch.

• It could play DVD discs but you needed to buy a remote to play dvds. I think they bundled the licence for dvd into the remote.
    Bingo.
    Sony and Phillips owned the DVD license/codec (I think). The box could read the discs but not play the movies. So the remote control basically covered the cost of the license.

Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • A tough but important watch.

Sheesh. I think that should be watched by everyone before they rush out and buy the next AC, Watchdog or Tom Clancy Action Shoot man. I’d read the reports online but this really hit home. Fuck em in the bin, I’m buying nowt from them for a while. Deep shitbags.
  • Yeah that's about where I'm at too. I've no answers and I know my own buying history with them so I'm not here for whataboutery, it just leaves a horrid, rancid taste in the mouth even thinking about buying into any more of their hype machines.
  • Yeah Jim certainly made me think there.

In general it can be possible to justify things as one offs, isolated to certain developers, teams or individuals. Chalk it up as mistakes of the past.

It gets a bit harder than all that with Ubisoft. It is top to bottom, globally active and ignored abuse and I can't see how that happens without a deliberate ignoring of the situation or worse encouragement.
    Then they clearly don't give a shit, they couldn't just have a short acknowledgement before their showcase thing. One man in front of a webcam apologising and promising action, how hard would that have been to do?
  • It’s interesting to think that a few years ago people were cheering for Guillemot in his defence of his company from the hostile take over from Vivendi.

You would think the company would be in a healthier place with a different top row.
  • The #UbisoftForward stuff is particularly maddening. I had ads for it rammed down my throat that week as well, but they didn't want to harm the hype. Just fucking awful. Truly shitty.
  • The bit that really made me think in that vid was that the leaks we’d all been getting in the week prior to the forward event weren’t even fake “hype” leaks, they were put out to try control and suffocate the other worse news that they knew was gonna come.  The big sites also seemed to duly fall in line and report on these leaks of exciting upcoming shoot mans rather than the more important stuff of massive corporate irresponsibility.  Shits.
  • So here's a statement from a sacked Ubi employee over sexual abuse claims

https://twitter.com/GreatWallofChin/status/1285364499592159233?s=19

Just terrible. Even more so the people in the replies applauding him for his "growth, man". Disgusting.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah that's fucked up and the next Ubi stuff can get in the bin.
  • Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial is being expanded up to Level 60 and also includes the first expansions and related classes.

Basically, that’s a shit load of content.

There’s a few badgers who play 14 now - myself, subbax, shabby, Nina, Speedhaak and Ayns, and the game is cross play. So, if you’re curious, jump in.
  • So here's a statement from a sacked Ubi employee over sexual abuse claims https://twitter.com/GreatWallofChin/status/1285364499592159233?s=19 Just terrible. Even more so the people in the replies applauding him for his "growth, man". Disgusting.
    regmcfly wrote:
    Yeah that's fucked up and the next Ubi stuff can get in the bin.
    It's a real difficult one this, but where do you draw the line in the sand, because this heinous shit goes on everywhere you care to look.
    *and for the record, I'm not having a pop at anyone here, these are just random musings.
    A quick Google of Nintendo for instance, reveals that the head of Nintendo Russia is also a massive cunt. Now that story is almost two years old now. Nintendo claim they had an internal investigation, gave the guy a warning, and from what I can see, he's still in the same position at the company. So what changed? Probably not much.
    So what do you do? Boycott the entire world, because this shit goes on everywhere? I'm not pretending to have any sort of answer here, but it's an interesting topic for discussion.
    Are you never going to watch another film because Hollywood is broken? Television? That's no different. Sport? Filled with utter scumbags?
    I'd be willing to guess that you could dig up similarly depressing dirt anywhere you care to dig.
    So what's the answer? I'm not convinced boycotting everything in the world is going to help anyone, but the voices do need to be heard, and the villainous scum do need to be rooted out.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah what G said
  • I mean that seems a pretty reasonable position Elf.
  • Lol I took it down and just agreed with G. Easier. 

(I was saying not to pay taxes cos Brit govt full of cunts.)
  • Very difficult one though. Picking and choosing which bastards we do something about or shout more about. The whole world is full of them. 

I guess we start with where is easiest to try and make a change and voice concerns etc.
  • And I guess I start here then.

I understand the points G raises, and I feel bad for the vast majority of good people there, but it's the timing of it all that sticks so badly in the throat. Oh fuck, this will make us look bad in the week of our big hype event. Let's put out a cookie cutter statement full of BS, let's remove it from the conversation around our hype event completely, and let's hold access to these games over the press' heads. Need to keep the cycle going. Fuck off. No.

Again, I offer no answers to others either, and it's not up to me to police everyone's purchases. I guess we all just need to have a think. If I'm a hypocrite then so be it.
  • I heard one take that was, if you want to support/enjoy the art without supporting someone problematic, pirate it. That was in reference to R-Kelly at the time, but it seems even better suited to large-team efforts like film/games, you can ensure the hard work of the staff is seen and appreciated, without giving financial support to the problematic entity itself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!