Breaking Bad Season Five - NO MORE SPOILER TAGS!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I want Gus'  air freshener.
  • I want the other half of Gus' face.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I want more Malcolm in the Middle gifmemes.
  • Spoiler:
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Despite saying I thought Jesse would have a happy ending (heh), DS quite rightly pointed out to me that he just saw his ex get shot in the head..

Surely the only ending sees both of them dead. Only way Jesse could be happy is if he unofficially fostered Brock but that seems unlikely.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Jesse kills Walt. Skylar goes into witness protection and marries Saul. Walt junior fins the money and buys himself a hollowed out volcano with sharks with friggin lasers..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Everyone takes it in turns to give Flynn a right good shoeing.
  • Fucking hell Americans like their adverts
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Predictably I can't sleep. Got a link?
  • It's a live stream so you'll have missed half of it, but they're showing it again straight after, at brettygood.com (stream is Run by Badger, as in BADGER, no lie)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Holy moly!

Cheers. Hope you're enjoying it.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Is it finished yet?
  • Yeah I just did a tweet at ya
  • Well it's over. I think the ending pretty accurately matched the way I was feeling about the show at this point. I have no other way of conveying what I mean because I'm afraid I'll spoil it for you good people, like the bit where Walt, OMG wait no haha, ok.

I think it ended well. It was always going to be a stretch after Hank died to fit it all in to such a short amount of time, i'm kinda gutted AMC didn't give Gilligan what he wanted, and then they have the gall to plaster all of the adverts with #ThankingBad and that kinda shit. Also, fucking hell, poor Americans, ads murder so much tension in TV.

I can't recall who was right and wrong about stuff tho'

Edit: wait no, DS got a thing right, and so did someone else. Prizes to all of you who won a thing!
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    That was pretty much the perfect end.
    Things can only get better.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Loved it. Walt wins. That scene where Jesse's making the box was brilliant.

Thanks Temps for the link.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It was always going to be a stretch after Hank died to fit it all in to such a short amount of time, i'm kinda gutted AMC didn't give Gilligan what he wanted, and then they have the gall to plaster all of the adverts with #ThankingBad and that kinda shit.

What did they do this time? Did he want more time?

BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T COME IN HERE UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE ENDING I'M NOT SPOILERING STUFF! SHOOT ME. READ ON AT YOUR OWN PERIL

I rather liked it even though I would have liked more resolution for Jesse considering, as has been said, he couldn't really have a good ending after all he's been through. He escaped, yay, but to what end? Not that long ago in this season he was out and had money and wasn't happy so what changes now that he's lost his money and people he loves? For a moment I thought he was going to just shoot himself and to be honest I would have thought that'd be a fitting end as well.
    I'm just going to pretend that this is the continuation of his story:

It did feel a little rushed but I imagine that wasn't Vince's fault completely. Certainly was a good series and worth watching. I'm glad I waited and got a proper ad-less HD rip too. No tension spoiling for me!
  • Vince wanted something like 20 episodes to tell the end of the story
  • Ah, well considering what AMC have done in the past that doesn't surprise me. Yeesh, you'd think they'd realise what they have but all you hear are story after story of how they fuck over the creatives on their biggest shows like Mad Men, Walking Dead and this.
  • Great ending.

Don't think there was any point in 'giving' Jesse the rest of the meth money, as he gave the last lot away anyway through guilt. Jesse got away, that was good enough.

Just had a thought while watching it - how would people've felt if Walt had set up his grand finale, then got arrested before he could carry it out. Would that've been what he deserved?
  • It never crossed my mind because the idea of Walt being arrested is just too prosaic for BrBa's Albuquerque, a car rigged with an automated machine gun is more its style.

If an arrest happened, it would have certainly been a bit damp, but I guess he deserved it? By the end I wanted him to secure his kids' future, no matter what but the act of admitting to Skylar, and ergo himself that he had done all of this because it made him feel in control etc was the thing I needed to be pushed to support Walt, as he finally took ownership for the ruination he caused, albeit far too late.
  • Also, I and plenty others predicted a Walt rescues Jesse, Jesse kills Walt ending. I think that still kind of happened, and that Jesse would've shot him if he hasn't seen that Walt was already wounded.

Jesse got to escape having killed Todd and avoided actually pulling the trigger on Walt, best case scenario for him.

Nice to see Badger and Skinny P make a contribution as well.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It never crossed my mind because the idea of Walt being arrested is just too prosaic for BrBa's Albuquerque, a car rigged with an automated machine gun is more its style.

If an arrest happened, it would have certainly been a bit damp, but I guess he deserved it

Ha, yeah, certainly more in keeping with the other slightly silly stuff like the magnet etc.

Didn't think it would happen, the ending was pretty much your perfect fan service finale, but it did cross my mind if Gilligan really had come to hate Walt that it'd be the ending to send Walt's
    supporters over the edge.

Walt's 'confession' was great touch indeed.
  • Amazing ending and I'm glad they're not dragging it out like other shows.
    Good to see the Walt junior thing didn't get sorted.
    Very well done.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I also liked where he passed as well. It also getsJesse of the hook as the cops will think Walt must have still Been cooking the Blue
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm going to miss Walt.

An awesome show and just don't know what is going to replace it for me...
  • I also liked where he passed as well. It also getsJesse of the hook as the cops will think Walt must have still Been cooking the Blue
    Nah, the chain rig and handcuffs etc would indicate someone else had been chained up cooking meth.

Like to think Walt was going press the button while he and Jesse were stood facing each other, killing them along with everyone else, but changed his mind when he saw the state of Jesse, hence the shot of him hovering over the button before he dived at him.

Mirrors Jesse not taking the shot because he can see Walt is already wounded.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm glad you said wounded, too many people are saying that Walt died and there is no way of knowing that at the moment*.

*I saw the final episode on my iPad so there may have been something obvious that I missed.
  • Doesn't matter if Walt was dead or not, it's obviously the end of his story. You want to watch him slowly die in a high security hospital bed, surrounded by guards?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!