Breaking Bad Season Five - NO MORE SPOILER TAGS!
  • 367f9.JPG
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Wow wow WOW. Words can't describe how utterly marvellous this tv programme is. I don't know how people were able to wait between episodes let alone whole seasons.

I loved how the ante was upped with every episode towards the end, until complete catastrophic meltdown. Look forward to reading through this thread now.
  • Dear Mister Cranston,

I've just finished a marathon of watching 'BREAKING BAD' – from episode one of the First Season – to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing. I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant! Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen – ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really. But this work of yours is spectacular – absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers... every department – casting etc... managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to – would you pass on my admiration to everyone – Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada – everyone – everyone gave master classes of performance... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence. You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen. That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards,

Tony Hopkins
  • Finished.

Were people srsly doing "it was all a dream!!" interpretations, tell me I misread that. This is not a complicated show.

It has been a very well shot show. I won't remember lines but it's easy to remember images. Loved how everyone basically looks like shite by the end, mostly because every character was pretty much consistently detestable with the slight exception of Lavell Crawford.

Bit annoyed Jesse didn't get capped. What a fucking dweeb.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    One person needed a happy ending, although I suppose you could argue Walt's was.
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • If I'd seen Malcolm in the Middle, would I have found that funnier?
  • Hey, it might have just been a bit shit for all I knew.
  • I didn't think it was amazing, to be fair.

It did make me smile but I am easily amused.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Plus MitM was great and seeing Hal again is always welcome.
  • Seems to have been taken down, here's a Vimeo link if anyone missed it : (vimeo .com/79603607)
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I've not read any of this thread, so forgive me if this has already come up. But through the entire 5 series nobody actually mentions Hank's missus' growing infatuation with purple stuff, do they?
  • That's just the beginning of that Breaking Bad colour stuff.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Ooo, is it??
  • Every character has a colour and it's shifts according to their circumstances and personalities and stuff. Do a Bing. It's good.
  • Nice pic of the gang pickin' up their gongs.

78955799.jpg
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And I'm done.

Just finished it. Ended like I thought it would.

Walt was basically a cunt most of the way through the show with the exception of the telephone call to Skyler in the penultimate episode. Some great writing and acting in that little scene.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Agreed, he tries for a bit of redemption at the end but it's a swing and a miss, he's too far up the road of being an ultra cunt and just seems to accept it in the end.
  • And direction. Following this is proving pretty tricky; giving The Bridge a go currently but really nothing's in the same league.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah gonna be looking around for something new now. A few are going on about Lost Girl in the TV thread but started to watch the first ep and have up, may have to try again.
  • JMW wrote:
    And direction. Following this is proving pretty tricky; giving The Bridge a go currently but really nothing's in the same league.

Got two episode left of season one (The Bridge), will finish today.  A different kettle of fish, but rather good imo.  Might finally get round to watching Generation Kill next.
  • We're at about the same place. It's good, her character's a little obvious in places and I know from experience that Sweden isn't quite that grey, just that it doesn't do tension and most everything else as well as BB.
  • For the first few eipsodes I couldn't shake the mental image of Data in a Swedish holodeck crime simulation, but I like her now.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    JMW wrote:
    And direction. Following this is proving pretty tricky; giving The Bridge a go currently but really nothing's in the same league.
    Got two episode left of season one (The Bridge), will finish today.  A different kettle of fish, but rather good imo.  Might finally get round to watching Generation Kill next.
    Generation Kill is excellent.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Having just watched all this I've now just read all of this thread.

Interesting reading everyone's thoughts, especially earlier on when you didn't know what was coming.

One thing that stands out is that most people seem to think Walt's ending was some kind of redemption while Jesse had a happy ending of sorts. I saw it pretty much the other way round. Walt's ending is him being in control and checking out on his own terms, which was what he was selfishly aiming for all along. Jesse on the other hand is by now so far gone not dying is probably the worst outcome for him. It's a great reversal in effect - the guy who gets killed wins and the guy who lives loses. Jesse's final shot driving away and just screaming, compared to Walt dying calmly in the lab says it all.

Anyway, top stuff overall. Amazing characterisation and direction in particular. The plotting was a too contrived at times, but was willing to go with it for the most part, and was kind of exhausted at the end.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!