Breaking Bad Season Five - NO MORE SPOILER TAGS!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well that's that. A great ending to a great show, sad to see it go. What was the song that played out at the end?
  • Breaking Bad Theme. 

Not sure about the one before that.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    I have only one complaint. I would have liked a slight more info on how it ended for Jesse. He can't go back to every day life, his fingerprints and other assorted DNA would be at the scene. I can only guess he goes with that bloke and disappears. But, I guess this is left up to us to decide where his life goes.
    He can't go with that bloke, Saul's gone. I'm sure you'll find out in the inevitable spin-off.
    I know, but he can't go back to regular life can he? If he can, I can only assume it's because the cops are so happy that the white power gang are dead and so is Heisenberg that they decide that those extra fingerprints and DNA they found at the scene aren't worth investigating.

I see the woodwork bit as Jesse's prescient vision into his future. He goes and makes boxes for a living. Really fucking good boxes. Of meth.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • As a massive fan of the show, I'm completely satisfied with the ending. Thank you, Vince.

And as a hetero man with a wild crush on Aaron Paul, I am super super happy that Jesse didn't die. And damn fucking right I'm going to see Need For Speed.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So finally he actually killed himself. Nobody got him. Nice.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    As a massive fan of the show, I'm completely satisfied with the ending. Thank you, Vince. And as a hetero man with a wild crush on Aaron Paul, I am super super happy that Jesse didn't die. And damn fucking right I'm going to see Need For Speed.
    Am I right in thinking that the young girl from 28 Weeks Later that is also in Filth is also in this? If she is I don't know how the fuck I know this, I'm racking my brains to try and remember if it is something I have heard (which it must be) and where?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I was right, Imogen Poots.

How I knew this has me quite stumped?
  • Done and feeling drained once more, there's a serious argument to be made for GOAT.
  • Full brills.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    I liked the mini call back to the Gus car bomb that didn't work in the kitchen until he kept hammering the button. He pressed the button and moved Jesse out of the way but nothing happened for a while.

Don't think he pressed the button and nothing happened, think he hovered over the button intending to kill himself & Jesse at the same time as the Nazis, then decided to save Jesse when he saw the state of him, in much the same way as Jesse considered shooting Walt then realised he was a deam man anyway and didn't need any more blood on his hands.

As for the box thing, Aaron Paul himself has described it as a daydream rather than a flashback. Even with BB's penchant for dodgy flashback's with cast members looking suspicously older / fatter / troutier than their past selves, getting Aaron Pau to pass for 17 in a flashback would be taking the piss. I saw it as his 'happy place' to escape the meth prison.
  • Is there any reason for how little Jesse there was in S5? Serious let down for me.
  • I guess because the show is really about Walt.

If Gilligan had been given the 20 episodes he wanted by AMC, maybe there'd have been more time for Jesse, but I guess the main Walt story took precedence.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Fentonizer wrote:
    I liked the mini call back to the Gus car bomb that didn't work in the kitchen until he kept hammering the button. He pressed the button and moved Jesse out of the way but nothing happened for a while.
    Don't think he pressed the button and nothing happened, think he hovered over the button intending to kill himself & Jesse at the same time as the Nazis, then decided to save Jesse when he saw the state of him, in much the same way as Jesse considered shooting Walt then realised he was a deam man anyway and didn't need any more blood on his hands. As for the box thing, Aaron Paul himself has described it as a daydream rather than a flashback. Even with BB's penchant for dodgy flashback's with cast members looking suspicously older / fatter / troutier than their past selves, getting Aaron Pau to pass for 17 in a flashback would be taking the piss. I saw it as his 'happy place' to escape the meth prison.

That's how I saw it to, a day dream that he went to to help him cope.
  • Also Oli posted that speech from S2 about the box, how he made an ok box in woodwork and his teacher said "is that the best you can do?" So he went away and started practising until he made an amazing one.

It's much like his improvement in cooking Meth, except he's obviously forced to cook by Todd et al, so he turns to that daydream to cope. Neat little symbol/metaphor thing.
  • Is there any reason for how little Jesse there was in S5? Serious let down for me.

Because he was originally intended to die pretty early on, so nothing had been planned for him to do? Also, what adored said.
  • adored wrote:
    Fentonizer wrote:

Don't think he pressed the button and nothing happened, think he hovered over the button intending to kill himself & Jesse at the same time as the Nazis, then decided to save Jesse when he saw the state of him, in much the same way as Jesse considered shooting Walt then realised he was a deam man anyway and didn't need any more blood on his hands.

As for the box thing, Aaron Paul himself has described it as a daydream rather than a flashback. Even with BB's penchant for dodgy flashback's with cast members looking suspicously older / fatter / troutier than their past selves, getting Aaron Pau to pass for 17 in a flashback would be taking the piss. I saw it as his 'happy place' to escape the meth prison.

No He clearly screams and jumps to the floor with jesse, and then nothing happens for about 10 seconds while all the nazis laugh at wtf is going on.

And the people who didn't understand the box thing, just turn the TV off and go outside, you're hopeless.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He knocks Jesse to the floor before he presses the button. He screams so that the nazis don't realise something's up and hit the deck too. It's not that it doesn't work, it just doesn't get up and firing instantly.
  • adored wrote:
    Eh, yeah clearly it was a day dream. All I was saying is that it wasn't totally imaginary, there was a box and he was remembering a happier time. I wasn't suggesting that it was a flashback where we're supposed to believe Jesse looked 17...

edit: if the box was originally a metaphor for the meth he was cooking then it doesn't make sense to me why he'd use that to cope, as the validation he got from that would be from the guy that put him there.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Walt turned into Gordon Freeman. He even had a crowbar at one point.
  • Had managed to save the last 3 episodes untill last night as BB deserved a crash night.  Fantastic show, gutted its finished but it had to one day & I more than happy with the ending.  The box bit was one of the best scenes I have ever saw on a TV drama even more so because I instantly remembered his rehab talk.  Excellent scene, excellent show.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Loved how Gray Matter and the audience were duped by Heisenberg's reputation and two laser pointers. 

Eventually I'll need a new T.V. addiction but I fear this is one rare beastie.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Don't know how the audience would be duped by that. I had a feeling it would be a couple of kids, had no doubt it was a bluff. Didn't expect it to be Skinny and Badger though.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Don't know how the audience would be duped by that. I had a feeling it would be a couple of kids, had no doubt it was a bluff. Didn't expect it to be Skinny and Badger though.

You must be smarter than the average bear, because the scene turned quite menacing to me and my normally switched-on-more-than-me Misuss.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Best moment for me was walt using mike's line at shwartz. He all growed up.

Which line was that?
  • "If we're gonna go this way.... You'll need a bigger knife."
  • I wonder how many things over the course of this Walt took from other people?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Do Sony know something that even VG doesn't?

10055695346_1025d22e45_c.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!