Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Them yellow slippers look like prime dancing daps. Only the yellow ones, mind.

Batty > Solo, hard.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Oh, cripes, it's got that River Song creature in it. I've only seen one episode of modern Who, and it centred on Alex Kingston haphazardly hamming around, playing a character with the most contrived emotag ever.

As names, River Song and Melody Pond offend me such that I'd rather not have to type them. I didn't, but I have, so I had to.
  • Most of that list is actually alright apart from Dr Who being over represented. Probably because it's one of the only ones still running.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Yes, if you take the pointless numbers off, it's a reasonable who's who of sci-fi.

no pun intended

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Was pleasantly surprised how high Farscape characters ranked. But yeah, Who seems to have supporting characters high up by virtue of simply being more recent. I mean who the fuck is voting for Ianto?

It's hard to argue with a British list voting the most prominent, longest running and also a currently running British sci fis lead character top, especially as he can cheat by being over a dozen different people.

Nice to see Red Dwarf in there too.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Avon's a bit of a surprise. Good breadth of eras, but List.
  • My "eras" are burning. Ho ho, ha ha, fuck me...
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • 171e654797ebab8c87299967d426fbda_zps229ece41.jpg
  • So...Justin "4 Fast and the Furious movies" Lin is in the chair for Star Trek 3. Maybe it'll turn out all ok, but was there really no one else with chops to take it? I can't imagine it would have been a massively hard sell.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Saw this, thought of Red Eye.

optimized.jpg
    Source.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I mean who the fuck is voting for Ianto?

Ianto is less archetypical than most characters.
  • Escape wrote:
    Avon's a bit of a surprise. Good breadth of eras, but List.

Avon was a highly original character (and still is). 

He is pretty much a villain, but due to his personal circumstances (i.e. becoming a fugitive), ends up fighting alongside the good guys against the evil Federation.  He needed them, and they needed him.

He was a cunning strategist with no qualms about killing others.  He lacked both fear and guilt, and operated entirely for his own self interest, which suggested he had psychopathic tendencies; yet he wasn't egocentric, wasn't impulsive, was very calculating in the risks he took, and didn't have the desire to have power over others (which suggested otherwise).  He only took up the position of leadership by default when Blake went missing, yet was unusually calm when the pushy Tarrant made himself leader.  If someone willing and able to be leader was available, he would assume the role of an advisor.

An MBTI would probably class him as an INTP.
  • bajeerho wrote:
    I mean who the fuck is voting for Ianto?

Ianto is less archetypical than most characters.

Is that another way of saying he's not particularly interesting?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    BBC creates intergalactic diplomatic crisis after using wrong ship in news article.
    When we called Nick, he said he used to watch Star Trek: The Next Generation but had not seen in a couple of years. He sounded a bit dubious about how much he could help.

So, we asked him, just what ship had we used?

"That's the USS Yamaguchi," he said, without hesitation. "It's an ambassador-class starship.

"It's like a sister ship of the Enterprise, but came about 30 years beforehand if I remember right. It was destroyed by a Borg cube in the Battle of Wolf 359."

Hats off to the man, I probably would have spotted it wasn't the Enterprise... but I wouldn't be able to identify the name and class.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Isn't the Yomato the sister ship?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Just started watching the second season of TNG on Blu-ray and it's really only just dawned on me that the new doc is about twenty thousand times the better actress than the hamtastic actress who plays Beverly Crusher.  It's a shame they didn't keep her for the rest of the series, and she was in the original series, wasn't she?
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    She was that woman who carried the box with the thing in it.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I guess everyone knows by now, but just in case.

Leonard Nemoy passes away at 83.
  • Spock wrote:
    My "eras" are burning. Ho ho, ha ha, fuck me...
    Spock, rip my Vulcan friend.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    If you want a smart watch, but the current offerings aren't Trekky enough for you, check out the LCARS skin for the Pebble Time.

pebbletime2_2040.0.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • I'm not sure how they got this made without getting sued off the face of the Earth, but hey, it's a thing.

About Star Trek: Renegades:

Star Trek Renegades is an independent fan funded and supported Internet television Series, produced by Sky Conway.

Our pilot episode is completed and will be released to supporters in the very near future. Renegades features a combination of familiar Star Trek character and actors, plus a collection of hot, new rising actors.

The Story:

When a seemingly unstoppable new enemy threatens the very existence of the Earth, Admiral Pavel Chekov (Walter Koenig) is forced to work outside the boundaries of Starfleet’s rules to combat this deadly new foe.

When planet after planet winks out of existence, yet Starfleet refuses to act, Chekov turns to Commander Tuvok (Tim Russ, who also directs), the new head of Starfleet’s covert operations division, Section 31. Together, they assemble a new elite strike-force, consisting of rogues, outcasts and criminals, led by the fearless yet haunted Lexxa Singh (Adrienne Wilkinson).

The Renegades’ mission is simple: take on an army and stop their leader, Borrada (Bruce Young), from destroying the Earth. Outnumbered and outgunned, the ragtag crew is in an adrenaline-pumping race against time and space. But they soon find their foes are the least of their concerns: the real trouble may be coming from within!

Star Trek: Renegades stars Walter Koenig (reprising his role as Admiral Chekov), Adrienne Wilkinson, Sean Young, Manu Intiraymi, Gary Graham, Robert Picardo, Corin Nemec, Bruce Young, Tim Russ, Chasty Ballesteros, Edward Furlong, Courtney Peldon, Larissa Gomes, Richard Herd and Herbert Jefferson Jr., and introducing Crystal Conway.

Star Trek: Renegades - boldly going where no Trek has gone before!
  • Yeah, that's been in production for a while now. I remember seeing stuff about and assuming it couldn't possibly get all the way through to the end. But, hey ho...I was wrong.
  • Watched it last night.  Its bad, so, so bad, & not the good bad.  Felt my initial hype/optimism leave within the first 5 mins of watching.
  • Duly noted, thanks.

I actually remember thinking how weird it was for another reason - the story is very nu-Trek and, considering its evidently made by hardcore fans, I'm surprised they chose that tone. I suspected a stinker thereafter.

Your opinion seems to confirm my fears.
  • Ive caught a couple of episodes of the original show on some freeview channel (CBS?), they appear to have added in some rudimentary CGI for the ship. Either that or Im going mad. Can someone confirm either way.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!