#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'd heard that DS9 got better in the later seasons, that's why I kept watching. It didn't.
    Get schwifty.
  • It was the best Trek back in the day, but it's still cheaply made TV from an age when TV writer wasn't a job to be proud of.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    First four seasons of Voyager are good, but then it just kept getting worse. DS9 started a bit ropey, but seasons four through seven are the best TV Trek there is. TNG is the most consistent in terms of quality.

Some serious nail/head interaction going on there. I gave up on Voyager after season 4, still haven't seen the end. DS9 was only really good during the war or political intrigue episodes, but there were too many 'Neighbours in Space' episodes. (Do I really give a crap out Odo's love life?) TNG still wins over all.

Though I'll stick an addendum on to Voyager; bar the introductory episodes, the first season is pretty poor. I'm sure the 'let's fly into this gas cloud OH NO IT'S ALIVE' plot happens at least three times in the first season. They really didn't take advantage of having an entire quadrant of the galaxy to explore until season 2. But the biggest crime Voyager committed was making the Borg un-scary. You can't be scared of something that Voyager beats on a monthly basis without a single (named/non-redshirt) casualty.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I used to consider myself a fan of Voyager. I'm kinda in the middle of (re-)watching it - got seasons 6 and 7 to go. Season 2 is completely dire, IMO, along with the middle 50% of Season 3. Season 4 is great, which is why I liked it in the first place as that was the season I caught the most of when I was younger. Season 5 isn't quite as good and I remember it going downhill during Seasons 6 and 7. Shame they fucked up the Borg and the climax in the last season.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • All of trek is clunky as fuck. I watched it all pre-Wire so I'm lucky there. I still have good memories of when it tried to touch on bigger issues. I love everything to do with Garak. The ep where Cisco has a go at him for killing a couple of Romulins, when Cisco only wanted to trick them, but Garak calls bullshit.

"That's why you came to me, isn't it, Captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing?"
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Garak was a sorely under used character.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    After being mentally scarred by the rubbishness of DS9 earlier this year I thought it was time to rehabilitate with some proper Trek, so started the original series this week.  I love this show so much, I think it might be the best Trek.  There really is nothing quite like watching Shatner snog and judo chop his way around the galaxy.
    Get schwifty.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I was so upset by all the DS9 bashing that I decided to sell all my Trek stuff.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/star-trek-the-next-generation-deep-space-nine-voyager-enterprise-mega-bundle/1077350367

Don't expect it to sell at that price, mind.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    CEX paid £4 per box set of DS9.  I concider them well and truly had.
    Get schwifty.
  • Tos is an odd experience now. Brilliant, yet awful, enlightened, yet small minded.

Why does no one drink on the bridge any more?
  • @dante. I think the oft rumoured "Captain Worf" spin-off could/should address this with a handsomely stocked set of optics on the bridge.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Well I hope to FUCKING GOD the premise is that he's the captain of a Klingon vessel because it's VERY CLEARLY ESTABLISHED IN CANON that he can never have his own command in Starfleet because of that episode where he fucked up an important Dominion War-based mission to save his wife and if they've IGNORED CANON then I will be so angry that I will THROW A GLASS AT THE FUCKING WALL ARRGHGHGHHGHGH!!!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!"

Oh Bones, you crazy space physician.
    Get schwifty.
  • Captain Worf would be shit.

Give me Admiral Riker, Professor Data or Dr Bashir & Mr Garrick
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    They would all be shit.  New blood needed.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bryan Cranston for captain.
  • monkey wrote:
    Dr Bashir & Mr Garrick

A delightful 1980s style sitcom intro (complete with actors turning to camera and "aww shucks" smiling) just conjured itself into my brain pan. It was delightfully gay.
  • Pilot episode - Dr Bashir has forgot to tell Garak that his new boss from the hospital is coming over for dinner. The replicator is down so Garak has to produce a delicious home cooked meal in just 20 minutes.

Meanwhile Garaks mother is visiting and he's never told her about certain aspects of his alternative lifestyle arrangements. His friend Julian is pretending he's just staying there for a few days.
  • Later on in the series, the couple decide to adopt. After a fuck up at the adoption place, they get sent a  baby Ferenghi! Much hilarity ensues, Quark is outraged, Odo tentatively starts a blog. 

This thing writes itself.
  • No, we need Chiklis in space for next Trek.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Garak was a sorely under used character.

"Plain and simple Garak". Fantastic character.

I loved DS9. ALTHOUGH I've still to see the last few episodes of the final series! (Wtf!).

Ben Sisko is a
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    rubbish Captain played by an actor with zero screen presence?
    Get schwifty.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Captain Worf would be shit. Give me Admiral Riker, Professor Data or Dr Bashir & Mr Garrick

'Admiral Riker' would provoke Red Eye levels of rage from me. Isn't there several bits in TNG where he turns down promotion to remain First Officer?

I'd watch the shit out of 'Prof. Data', though. 'Dr. Bashir and Mr. Garrick' would have to be a sitcom with horrendous amounts of homoeroticism.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    How many poofs are at the piano?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Four.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    rubbish Captain played by an actor who is crazier than a cave full of bat shit?

FTFY

Watch The Captains documentary for proof!

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Four.

Is this the one on each leg joke?
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Captain Worf would be shit. Give me Admiral Riker, Professor Data or Dr Bashir & Mr Garrick
    'Admiral Riker' would provoke Red Eye levels of rage from me. Isn't there several bits in TNG where he turns down promotion to remain First Officer?

Yes, but to remain on the Enterprise. He eventually becomes a Captain at thew end of Nemesis. If he did become an admiral, he can have the Enterprise again, like Kirk did.
  • You guys need to watch the final episode of TNG

Admiral Riker is bad ass
    Sometimes-life-is-going-to-beat-up-on-you.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!