Star Trek
  • I don't understand people. This was possibly the best episode of the run so far.
  • It wasn't the worst episode, I'll give it that.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's difficult for them because they have a starkly split audience of people who've never seen Star Trek before beyond maybe the Kelvin movies and thus need to be onboarded and people who've watched 700+ episodes of it and have seen everything before.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • They should ignore everyone who isn't me.
  • Although I do have issues with the "edgy" tone, I reckon it's just a very poorly written show.  Michael was a really interesting character in the pilot, but they've stripped her of all personality now. 

And that last episode didn't even make sense.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Worth bearing in mind that when they launched TNG, it was widely regarded as being garbage, and not Star Trek. Took them quite a while to get some traction.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Worth bearing in mind that when they launched TNG, it was widely regarded as being garbage, and not Star Trek. Took them quite a while to get some traction.

Yep and to be fair the first season is pretty hard to watch. I know tv dates fast but tng season 1 seemed dated by season 2.

I think it's been a decent enough show to be honest. I'm not a fan of this new form of Klingon and I'm not sure why this could not have been set super far into the future instead but it's been alright.

SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    At least Discovery hasn't had a Planet of the EVIL BLACK PEOPLE episode so far.
  • Time loop episode was ok. Don’t mind it being a well-worn idea, they didn’t spend long pissing about explaining it and just got on with it. Mudd is a good villain. I like what they’ve done with the engineer, making him some tripped out space beatnik. It rattled along at a decent pace.
    Spoiler:

In general, it’s getting better. Not there yet. If it runs for a few seasons I’m sure they’ll make a few genuinely good episodes. I don’t mind it being different from old Trek because how do you remake that in this day and age (and why would you?). Still got a lot of misgivings about it’s time setting and Klingon war stuff. Although they’ve minimised a lot of the problems of being a prequel by seeming to jettison a lot of continuity.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This week's was fine again but not the particularly special episode that was promised. There's a reference to the Federation not having the death penalty that seems to be a mild continuity error.
  • Watching TOS on Horror right now and Spock's just been charged with mutiny. Ha!, just like your sister!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Last night's episode was grand. Few things:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Re: First spoiler tag:
    Spoiler:
  • It was a bit sloppy for me this week. The planet seemed more like a plot device than something the writers wanted to explore in any way.
    Spoiler:
  • This is doing a reasonable job now. Couple of pretty decent trekky ideas for two episodes in a row. It's not the star trek program I wanted but it's slowly getting there. There's a pretty convincing fan theory doing the rounds so this spoiler is about stuff that is yet to happen, possibly. You have been warned.

Spoiler:
  • If you watch the opening credits, there seems to be about 8 executive producers which seems too many. It definitely feels like it's being pulled in a few different directions all at once. It should settle down once they see what works and what doesn't.
  • There's definitely some left over madness from that stage where Bryan Fuller was attempting to make this, Hannibal and American Gods at the same time. You really can't do that.
  • Not really keeping up with the thread but has anyone else decided that:
    Spoiler:
  • No, he's Clem Fandango.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • No, he’s forever That Other Bloke From Spooks.
    Spoiler:
  • Re Vere spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • monkey wrote:
    Re Vere spoiler
    Spoiler:

I said it some time ago to my Mrs and she wasn’t having any of it, now she’s trying to tell me she came up with the idea...

Another episode this week I wasn’t too keen on.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I enjoyed this episode. Rattled along at a good pace. Some action in it.

Wish I hadn’t read the Vere spoiler as I don’t tend to look for stuff like that but it is bloody obvious now.

Glad they...
    Spoiler:

• It's a fun mess. The drive science all seems very dubious, but it's given them the opportunity to go off on a dozen story tangents. The crew seem a bit more like an ensemble, although it's taken a long time and has relied far too much on Michael and Lorca. Klingons annoy me more every week. I'm praying for Lorca to unleash a bio weapon on them and turn them into NG Klingons. Even that won't fix the insipid ship design though.

Pleasantly surprised by the whole thing though. I'm looking forward to seeing the next set of episodes.
  • It's all over the place. If it's a kid's show why's it got f-bombs and full frontal klingon sex / rape scenes? If it's not a kids show, why is it so fucking dumb?

Still, I enjoyed it. 
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blasted through five episodes today.
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I thought Enterprise was supposed to get good in season 3. I've watched the first three episodes and they've been shite.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is there a decent site I can go to which goes into the Star Trek tech and their uses/limits. Thinking of stuff like the teleporter being blocked by shields, how warps are tracked etc.
  • Fuck me. You are a braver man than I, if you want to go to a site like that.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!