regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Keep watering them.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    To be honest those plants look fine to me, just a little physically broken. Most leaves are green and shiny. Probably just need a prune, take off the worst broken and yellowest leaves. Be a bit brutal as well, the plant won't mind not having to feed the extra leaves. Am not an expert, but mother was

Cheers chum.  I'll give it a serious pruning today.  I've left the sprinklers doing a daily 12 minutes, but set them to come on before dawn so the water's better absorbed and doesn't evaporate.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I read that as you talking about your pubic bush.
  • Bonsai has been a hobby of mine for a number of years, and I find that the reason most potted plants die is either due to over-watering or under-watering.  The soil is probably the best place to look to tell you which problem you have, If they are over-watered the soil is too moist then you will feel moisture on your skin from just digging into it with you fingers, and the roots of the plant will be darker than usual and show signs of water-logging or early rotting.  Dry soil will be hard to dig into with your hand, it will likely repel water if it has been dry for a long time and you will find chunks of soil clogging onto the roots of your plant.  I don't imagine telling the difference would be much different with garden plants, so you might want to check your soil :-)
  • But these plants aren't potted, and I live in a desert.  They're deserty plants, so I presume the normal rules of moistness for soil don't apply?
  • Can we get some pictures of your trees please some guy. I've always fancied a go at bonsai but not sure I have the patience.
  • Sure :-) I only have three trees at the moment, there isn't really a good space for them where I am currently living so I haven't made any new ones and I lost a couple during the move here a few years ago.  I miss making them really, but you know, money priorities.  I'll sort some pics for you.

Elm, even if your soil is sandy and well draining I suspect you will be able to feel if it is more moist than the soil with healthy plants in it, and you may see the effects of over-watering like soggy/darker looking roots that fall apart more easily when you rub them between your fingers than those of your healthy plants.  It may help to do some comparisons to see what you can, but then I'm all out of ideas for diagnosing under/over-watering :-S
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I would love a bonsai tree on my desk. Some kid would probably feed it Tizer though.
  • I wouldn't mind another crack at a Venus fly trap. We were given some tiny ones at school but the pressure of feeding them built to become overwhelming for many of us when we could get no flies. Some of us resorted to pieces of ham, I think this was the advice of the time, but most perished.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    More for admk (maybe also gonzo, or any other legal badger) if he's about... Do the police ever put unsolved case files into the public domain? And if so, where can I find / request the info from?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Don't worry, if they haven't caught you yet, you've probably gotten away with it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    till you just brought it up!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Why six pages back are people calling Tomato Sauce, Red Sauce? What the fuck is that all about?
  • Frosty wrote:
    Why six pages back are people calling Tomato Sauce, Red Sauce? What the fuck is that all about?

Dunno, but I'm glad you brought it up.
  • It's to make the clear distinction between brown and red, condiment apartheid if you will.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Good. I dunno what other sort of stuff has been asked in here but that seemed like a really important point that needed making.

EDIT: Not condiment apartheid, that is bad.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    well it's red innit
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    Why six pages back are people calling Tomato Sauce, Red Sauce? What the fuck is that all about?

White wine, red wine. White bread, brown bread. Red sauce, brown sauce.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Frosty wrote:
    White wine, red wine. White bread, brown bread. Red sauce, brown sauce.
    Sauce?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • This is insane, right?  It's tomato ketchup, or tomato sauce.  Not red sauce.  Chili sauce is red.  Pepper sauce is red.  So many things are red.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Lots of things are brown but we still have brown bread.
  • Who's dead?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Christopher Hitchens.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Elmlea wrote:
    This is insane, right?  It's tomato ketchup, or tomato sauce.  Not red sauce.  Chili sauce is red.  Pepper sauce is red.  So many things are red.
    It could be economy of syllables or possibly sauce ranking. At your basic sauce level you have tomato ketchup, hereby given a generic red term. Anything else that is red is denoted by its defining ingredient, chilli, pepper, etc. Brown sauce I would say exists as spicy, fruity sauce is not very snappy. Again, it's your hard working grunt, whereas steak sauce, gravy, etc need that extra definition. What about white sauce? I hear you cry. Whole different ball game, the roux is king here, try describing mayo as white sauce to a Frenchman at your peril.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    See, Webbins understands.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Pedantry is go, I love it.
  • Red sauce. Brown sauce. Dad's on Jobseekers addicted to Dominic Littlewood shows.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fuck it all. Let's use brand names like corporate whores. HP or Heinz? Who wants some?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!