Ask the Bear & Badger
  • Oh, her from the Aviva advert.
  • Anyone used Smyths for a pre-order or know if they're reliable?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep and yes
  • Nice, thanks. Was hoping they'd be good because they're the only ones that took the effort to answer my question on Twitter.

Now I just need to decide whether I want the physical or digital version more.
  • AJ wrote:
    Anyone used Smyths for a pre-order or know if they're reliable?

Smyths are now my go-to for physical games. Great pricing, always have stock and their in store stuff is what Game would ideally be. Physical game retail done proper.
  • Cool, I'll definitely go with them if I buy physical.

I tell you what I'd really like right now, that system of registering discs with your account MS was going to do at the beginning of the gen, only on PS4. That way, I wouldn't be sitting here trying to decide what to do and I could have the best of both worlds.
  • AJ wrote:
    Cool, I'll definitely go with them if I buy physical. I tell you what I'd really like right now, that system of registering discs with your account MS was going to do at the beginning of the gen, only on PS4. That way, I wouldn't be sitting here trying to decide what to do and I could have the best of both worlds.

Yeah, I think that was a good idea actually.  It just got lost in the Kinect, tvtvtv, rushed upgrade in specs, treating indies like shits despite them having forged live for you in the previous gen and just about everything else before the changeover in management.
  • Is there a thread for A Way Out.
  • Funnily enough I was just watching this earlier...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Can anyone with a recentish Galaxy phone tell me how the always on display thing handles notifications? Can you preview them, without unlocking fully, or is it just little icons? Is there any notification of the number of items or each icon?

Just noticed the A3 (second best phone on the market, IMHO) is down to £170 on Amazon and I'm very tempted to get one to replace my iPhone 5.
  • You can double tap them to be taken straight to whatever it is, which I like. I'm guessing this only works if you have no unlock PIN set though. Doesn't tell you how many of each each message type, at least on my S7.
  • I can swipe down on the notifications and preview a few lines of text without unlocking fully, just waking it up.
  • Oh Galaxy phone, thought I was in the general Android thread. I have an HTC.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I can swipe down on the notifications and preview a few lines of text without unlocking fully, just waking it up.

Oh yeah, this too.
  • Many thanks, I guess it'll never be a replacement for an LED, but it sounds like it should do okay. One last one, if you don't mind: I don't suppose there's an option to only use the always on display when there are notifications, is there?
  • Haven't investigated that possibility, but this suggests you could probably turn off the other stuff.

Always on display

You can set the device to display information, such as a clock, calendar, or image, on the

screen when it is turned off.

1 On the Settings screen, tap Display Always on display and tap the switch to activate

it.

2 Tap Content to show and select an item to display.

Clock: Select a clock style and a background image.

Calendar: Select a calendar style.

Image: Select an image to display on the screen when it is turned off.

When the screen is off, the device will display the selected information.

This feature will be deactivated when the battery power drops below 5%.
  • Forgive the formatting abortion.
  • Or don't, I don't give a shit.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's pretty unforgivable to be fair.
  • Cool, thanks again.
  • Spilled a beer on my fairly new Freiheten Ikea sofa last night, or at least I think I did, woke up this morning (dun duuuun dun dun) went upstairs and there was a big old damp patch on the sofa, I didn't even really remember buying the couple of extra bottles on the way home tbh but there they were, one still in the bag by the sofa, the other empty bottle on the floor. I think I drank most of one, probably dropped it on the sofa causing said damp patch, then stumbled to bed.

Anyway, the question: I really thought it would've dried out over night, but obviously it hadn't. Did a quick pat down with soapy water this morning and a mild hairdryer pass, still damp when I left for work, figured it'd dry out during the day. Just got home and nah, still damp. Have given it a ruddy good seeing to with the hairdryer again, but am now thinking, should I be taking more serious steps to dry this fucker out? Is there any danger of mildew or other nastiness forming on the inside? I can't take the covers off on this bastard to check.

Am I overthinking this?
  • Put something absorbent on it, leave for a while, replace, repeat until dry.
  • But it'll probably be fine either way.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Put the couch in a bag of rice
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • AJ wrote:
    Anyone used Smyths for a pre-order or know if they're reliable?
    Smyths are now my go-to for physical games. Great pricing, always have stock and their in store stuff is what Game would ideally be. Physical game retail done proper.
    They also do a click and collect thing which is great for guaranteeing that you'll get a game they have in stock without having to go through all the pre-order hoopla. And they're consistently five euro cheaper than Gamestop.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is it normal for someone who went under heavy sedation for an op and morphine post-op for pain to be still confused and sleepy three days afterwards?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!