Ask the Bear & Badger
  • @JMW
    @Moot

Haha I started a thing. 
    Not sure where mine came from, I got it for Christmas.
  • How to Remove Trees

• Approach the tree with confidence, and a sense of purpose, but outwardly projecting insouciance.
    • Spit on your hands. It doesn’t actually help with grip, but makes others around you think you know what you are doing.
    • Being sure to bend with the legs and not the back, take a firm, two-handed grasp of the trunk near the base.
    • Firmly, without any jerking, pull the tree upwards, directly perpendicular to the horizon, while rotating back and forth around the axis of movement, in order to loosen the roots.
    • Once completely removed, be sure to tap the tree against your knee, to loosen and remove any earth clinging to the roots.
    • Dispose of the tree responsibly.
    • Repeat the process as required, for as many trees need removing. Do not continue if all trees have been removed.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    @JMW
    @Moot

Haha I started a thing. 
    Not sure where mine came from, I got it for Christmas.

I'm so excited about sticking it in the fridge without telling anyone. It's almost worth buying two or three for the ensemble KONICHIWA surprise.
  • I forget about mine sometimes and shit myself when it shouts.
  • weadre wrote:
    This is the good shit.
    Not really an everyday one though.
    cr6100.jpg
    Legit butter
  • Kerrygold is underappreciated outside of Ireland though. And it's readily available and keenly priced.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kerrygold is underappreciated outside of Ireland though. And it's readily available and keenly priced.

I've been to a few places on holiday and when they hear the accent they say "AH - Kerry Gold!!" so I think it's more appreciated in some places than you would think
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Without meaning to sound like Russell Howard, bread and butter always tastes nicer at other people's houses.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve always been Country Life, but maybe I should give this a try.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Without meaning to sound like Russell Howard, bread and butter always tastes nicer at other people's houses.

No doubt about that.

And something that David Mitchell once said - why don't we ever get fed up with bread and butter? Or toast?

Doesn't matter how much we eat it , we will always be up for it.
  • Like pizza.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Kerrygold is underappreciated outside of Ireland though. And it's readily available and keenly priced.

I've been to a few places on holiday and when they hear the accent they say "AH - Kerry Gold!!" so I think it's more appreciated in some places than you would think

Ah, come on. That was an ad.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Ah, come on. That was an ad.

:) 
    Think I was in Turkey - was odd to hear someone say Kerry Gold instead of Guinness when finding out you are Irish. Was in Kusadasi which was mental. Had an Irish bar called the Log Cabin. The only Irish thing about it was the Baileys bottle behind the bar and the read-headed barman....
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Esoteric as shit but

Is there anywhere I can get a £25 Nintendo eshop card that comes instantly with an American Express card? I'm too ill to move, feeling sorry for myself, poor, and want to play cadence of Hyrule so I can afford it if I stick it on the amex, but Nintendo don't take that on their eshop.
    Any help pls.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Add the Amex to your PayPal and go through CDKeys?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ooh can I
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    CD keys only operates in Euros sadly
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    eBay?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Will give a go
  • You can just purchase directly with Paypal on the switch.  Can’t you just link your Amex to paypal and then buy it that way?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Poppo was right r.e. cocktail bars - we have some of the finest. If you're looking for one fancy meal, rather than just fire you off to The Kitchin for Michelin love, can I recommend The Scran and Scallie in Stockbridge which is Tom Kitchins's gastropub. Last time I was there I had the most divine hoggett. Otherwise, some nice places to go - Korean BBQ literally the name, a wee tiny place across the road from the King's Theatre. Also has its own theatre as you cook on your table etc The Cambridge Bar / Bell's Diner Everyone will have their own ideas about what is the best burger in Edinburgh, but these are my two favourites. The former will do some mad and crazy combos with their burgers, the latter has done the same Californian recipe for 50 odd years. Bross Bagels one in Leith walk, one just off the west end of princes at. For a cheap and filling breakfast / lunch, their 
    Vancouver style bagels are to die for. I'm a fan of the cold turkey, but whatever you get will be amazing. pizzeria 1926 / civerinos - your pizza heaven. The former kind of like Edinburgh's answer to paesano but a little more upmarket with toppings, and as such, pizzas are £2-3 more expensive than the big P. The latter is a by the slice place just up from Greyfriars Bobby as you start going to the university area. It's quick, cheap and filling. I'll do drink later. Off work ill with no voice today so plenty of time....

Just quoting to make this easier to find as the 40th bday Edinburgh extravaganza starts this Thursday.  Anything changed since this was posted?  Anywhere we must go other than we have a table booked at The Kitchin.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll double down on the Bross Bagels shout.

Did I mention bars or was that a non starter? Unsure if I mentioned The hanging bat on Lothian Road, which is your craft beer / BBQ heaven.

Flora and I had our anniversary dinner at 83 Hanover St which does wonderful South American cuisine - expect octopus cooked in red wine rather than tacos and burritos.

Maki and Ramen at the end of Princes St or on Fountainbridge are probably the best tonkotsu I've had in the UK. our tempy swears by it too. The Fountainbridge one also has a proper omakase sushi bar.

The Devils Advocate is a little more on the pricey side, just off the road from the Royal Mile. it's a fantastic cocktail and whisky bar, but I don't rate the food as much as other cheaper options.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Still haven't booked my 10th wedding jaunt to Ed :-/ but have the advice bookmarked!
  • Thanks reg.  we’re with the kids so dinking isn’t much the thing, food, sights, shops are the thing really.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here's the 83 Hanover St menu from the night we were there

4zKE9l3.png
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's a shame you weren't there this weekend, the Scottish Food Awards were on at the Pitt (monthly food market in Leith) and were apparently amazing. Gutted I missed them.
  • To be honest, you can’t Really go badly wrong in the centre of Edinburgh. It’s a great city for food.
  • Have we got anyone in InfoSec? Or anyone familiar with the salaries for InfoSec jobs?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have an InfoSec team. Salaries wouldn't be comparable because I'm public sector but our CISSP is on 40K or so as far as I know. Private sector you can get a good bit more if you have a track record due to the general shortage of skills.
  • Cheers Davy, I'll PM you later.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!