Ask the Bear & Badger
  • Probably about the same, then.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    A Way Out is putting popular for me and Nina...

For reals?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah we finally had another go yesterday and probably will again today.

Was delayed a bit because I was away for two weeks and a busy week for the both of us after that.

I think it's really fun, it's going for all the cliches but it's working for me. I also didn't know that
    Spoiler:
    Highly enjoyable. ^story spoilers.
  • Wait until you get to the bit that may or may not involve a hospital. Glorious.
  • I updated to the latest Android OS last night and seem to have lost a bunch of photos (from April to last weekend, strangely - pre-April is fine; is there any way to recover these?
  • Seems to be a common problem with the latest update; all the files are there when browsing the Files section, just don't show in the photos app.
  • Do they show on photos.google.com?
  • Do we have a dedicated Divinity 2 Original Sin 2 thread? If not i am intending to make one. I am getting the game on my Switch and for my 4 person party was going to use the names of 4 b&b folk (if they mind i will change them) and chronicle the journey. It may make it a good read or not. Thought it could be entertaining.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There isn't a dedicated thread, no. But it's not an open world type experience, so it won't read like some other story telling type games - i.e it might not lend itself to that type of thing in the way Rimworld or even Xcom does.
  • Kow wrote:
    There isn't a dedicated thread, no. But it's not an open world type experience, so it won't read like some other story telling type games - i.e it might not lend itself to that type of thing in the way Rimworld or even Xcom does.

Cheers kow, there goes that idea. Still looking forward to playing it. X-com was truly gutting when you lost a sqaud member.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You won't lose any party member, everyone can be revived. Also, while the combat is hugely flexible, the story is basically linear. It's fantastic but not that type of fantastic
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Random question. I have on my computer a blank world map, and whenever I visit a new country, I colour it in. I'm in Hong Kong now, and visited Macao yesterday. Can I colour in China? Let's try not to bring up politics, but I'm just curious what people think.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Both Hong Kong and Macau are Chinese territories under international law. And, if you were to ask a Chinese person they’d absolutely 100% say that if you’ve visited Hong Kong you’ve visited China.

However, Hong Kong also has its own international sports teams and represents itself separately from the mainland.

You’d also need a different visa to enter the mainland.

So...it’s up to you, really.

I think it depends on whether you’ve set yourself any rules / criteria for colouring in. But I don’t see anything wrong with it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The only rule I've set is I have to leave the airport. So my stopover in Abu Dhabi is not enough for me to colour in the UAE. But I've coloured in all of Mexico and Australia, despite only having visited Tiuana and Melbourne. I'm still torn about China.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Would you colour in the whole of the UK if you visited Northern Ireland?
  • Would you colour in the whole of the UK if you visited Northern Ireland?

I don’t think that works. Hong Kong, despite current issues, is not recognised as its own country. It’s technically a special administrative region or province. Whereas the UK, albeit with some technicalities, consists of 4 parts that are identifiably and legally countries in their own right.

It’s more like colouring in the UK, or England, if you visited Cornwall.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Similar to Jersey or the Isle of man then?
  • Similar to Jersey or the Isle of man then?

Not really - places like Jersey and Gib etc. are things like British crown dependencies. They’re not seen as belonging to one UK country specifically. Hong Kong is seen as being part of and belonging to China. It’s not an entity separate from the country. It’s seen as 100% part of the country that is allowed a greater degree of autonomy.

The special administrative areas aren’t seen as separate from China - they’re counted as provinces, but given unique statuses and autonomy.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It's a closer analogy to say the SARs are like Gibraltar, but as Minnesanger says, it's not exact. Maybe it'd be like colouring in the entire USA if you'd only been to Peurto Rico. I dunno.
  • I personally wouldn’t colour the whole country in until going to mainland China.
  • Yeah, I think you could certainly differentiate between mainland China and the other parts without having to worry about classifications.

Then again, let me put it this way. Swirly is in Hong Kong now, right? So, I could technically see him in under 2 hours. I’d have to jump on a train and...that’s it. Shenzhen borders Hong Kong. People flow back and forth everyday. It’s really, really close. If he walked a bit westwards and just crossed over an invisible line, he’d then be able to colour an entire country in...
  • Yeah, I think you could certainly differentiate between mainland China and the other parts without having to worry about classifications. Then again, let me put it this way. Swirly is in Hong Kong now, right? So, I could technically see him in under 2 hours. I’d have to jump on a train and...that’s it. Shenzhen borders Hong Kong. People flow back and forth everyday. It’s really, really close. If he walked a bit westwards and just crossed over an invisible line, he’d then be able to colour an entire country in...
    Whereupon he'd be immediately shot.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'm with the both of you. 
    Before the handover you would definitely not have been to China by just going to Hong Kong. 
    Technically, now you have.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Swirly is in Hong Kong now, right? So, I could technically see him in under 2 hours. I’d have to jump on a train and...that’s it. Shenzhen borders Hong Kong.

I thought you were in Hainan?

Talking about imaginary lines, I took a video on my phone in Macao. One side of the river is Macao, the other is China proper. Most bizzare. I could even see they were driving on the other side of the road.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Swirly is in Hong Kong now, right? So, I could technically see him in under 2 hours. I’d have to jump on a train and...that’s it. Shenzhen borders Hong Kong.

I thought you were in Hainan?

Talking about imaginary lines, I took a video on my phone in Macao. One side of the river is Macao, the other is China proper. Most bizzare. I could even see they were driving on the other side of the road.

Moved to Shenzhen as the wife got a job here and I have an internship here. I could probably go somewhere nearby and wave at you...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message

Moved to Shenzhen as the wife got a job here and I have an internship here. I could probably go somewhere nearby and wave at you...

Ahhh. Cool.

I see you! I'm the sweaty honky in a blue t shirt. If I look annoyed it's because all the roadworks in HK are making it difficult to find places to cross the road.

• Odd thing just happened - I got a phone call from a woman who said I just called her, wanted to know what was going on. I've had my phone on my desk so no way I pocket dialled, and I didn't call her. I checked my phone history and sure enough it says that her calling me was the first contact - I sent her a screenshot of this.

She texts back saying she isn't making it up, and sends me a pic of her incoming calls and sure enough, my phone number called her.

I'm suspicious it's some scam ofc, but she seems genuinely perplexed and isn't following up with anything. Anyone here experienced similar? I'm mildly concerned that someone has supposedly called her from my number.
  • She was the target of a scam. Despite it being your number I don’t think you’re exposed or been hacked or anything.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing
  • Cool, thanks for Monkey - puts me at ease a bit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!