Ask the Bear & Badger
  • Between this and the Live Anywhere thread, Funk is the metropolitan elite confirmed.
  • I could literally represent them at whatever meetings they're invited to, gatherings like "how to talk to poor people you feel sorry for but also hate"
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    This English Vs English thing??

It definitely find down to personal taste, but when I see something creeping in and out doesn't even make sense then I get super annoyed. Like the word "addicting", I see it a lot recently and it is gibberish. The substance is addictive, the person is an addict, and they have an addiction. Addicting sounds like they are verbing the actions of the addict, does my nut in, I just saw it on an advert and came here just to type this
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah that can get in the sea
  • I used to think that, but I _think_ addicting is a word, just not in the way Americans (or thick English) use it.

'I am addicting myself to alcohol'

Maybe. A Google tells me that's the case, in addictive Vs addicting, but then again that's Google and they're probably pushing the agenda.

Certainly 99 if not 100% of people who use addicting in a sentence don't use it that way.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Nah, sorry Nick, that one doesn't fly for me. I'm falling into an addiction, fine, but you can't intentionally create your own addiction, that would mean it's a choice not an illness, and jets be honest most addictions are created with a more than healthy dose of self delusion
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I used to say jamp instead of jumped for the past tense of jump. In my head it still makes sense as it's like blow/blew or come/came.

"I jamp in the river."

Was definitely a Perth thing though I couldn't say if it goes wider than that.
  • I'm more than happy to agree with you guys, I just googled it a while back and questioned myself.
  • Frosty wrote:
    I used to say jamp instead of jumped for the past tense of jump. In my head it still makes sense as it's like blow/blew or come/came.

"I jamp in the river."

Was definitely a Perth thing though I couldn't say if it goes wider than that.

I overheard a guy on a bus a while back say, "I would've driven there but I've never drew".

I did a hushed lol. Like, fair play to him, I can see how his mind got there.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Addicting and addictive are the same thing. Tough if you don't like it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Really??? Fuck it, I'll do some homework, but I probably won't like the answer, especially if it comes from Mirriam Webster

Edit: looks like a (redundant) synonym to me
    IIEmIwr.png
  • Yeah, every time I’ve seen Americans use addicting it’s been as addictive would be used.

E.g.

This game is so addicting.
  • Next folk will be saying 'winningest' is a word too.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hhhnnnggggg
  • That's not a word, Goobs.
  • Ive been a paid up Spotify member for a couple years now. Its great. But its like 16 euro a month or something(family plan). I see a bargain alert to sign up to Tidal through the Turkish site using a vpn for only 1.11euro a month. That price differential is tempting. What is the Tidal music catalog like in comparison to Spotify?

EDIT: Another draw of Tidal is the360 reality music,which i wnat to try. my sony headphones are compatible with it.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's the same catalogue really. The big downside for Tidal, for me anyway, is that it's not integrated into anything. Spotify will pop up everywhere - Shazam, Google Home, as playlists embedded in webpages etc etc. Tidal appears nowhere really.

I have good Sony headphones and I've never managed to get that 360 sound thing to work.
  • How much attention to you lot pay to best before dates on non fresh items? I found a giant box of Belvitas under my desk at work that went out of date on 08/09/2020. I don't really want to bin 20 chocolate chip soft bakes. They'll be fine, right?
  • I'm almost certain that you are going to die.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Projectile diarrhoea at the very least, but probably both. Your corpse will shoot out into the street on a jet of shite.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    In about 50 years
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    How much attention to you lot pay to best before dates on non fresh items? I found a giant box of Belvitas under my desk at work that went out of date on 08/09/2020. I don't really want to bin 20 chocolate chip soft bakes. They'll be fine, right?

I'm drinking a bottle of orange barley water that I found at the back of a cupboard last week. It has a best before of Oct 2019.
  • Best before = if it looks and smells fine, eat/drink it.
  • My old mam used to subscribe to that theory until it landed her in hospital for a week with serious food poisoning a good number of years ago.
    Wouldn't want to be in hospital with listeria in the middle of a viral pandemic chaps...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I rember my dad drinking a bottle of Advocaat opened in the 80s in the very late 90s. I said he shouldn't and you'd think I'd dared him not to. He had to really work at it to get it back to liquid form, like very old paint.

I'm not going to get listeria from Belvitas am I??? What a way to go.
  • Huge deja vu feels in here. I'm pretty sure I've asked this question before regarding leftover boxes of free gifts at work.
  • You've definitely told the Advocaat story before, I remember the viscous mental image.
  • Quick one...

If you buy a product and give the wrong address, therefore do not receive the product, you can't claim consumer rights for not receiving the product, right? That would be mental.

Some twat paid for something from my mrs and didn't receive it after giving the wrong address and they are now kicking off.

Edit: I think they've given up now. What a tool.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!