Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ah, there's no cost for a new thread so make one. It'll last longer than 90% of the other threads on here anyway.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    120+ gb install - best get started. Fancy this on me Deck tbh.
  • Can you install/update today?

What's everyone playing? I'm going for a dual wielding Drow Fighter, I think.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Can you install/update today? What's everyone playing? I'm going for a dual wielding Drow Fighter, I think.

No pre-load available unfortunately. Not sure what day 1 patch size is.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They recommend uninstalling the advance versions we have and installing it clean (I don't think it's actually an update). No pre-load so kick the missus off Netflix etc.
  • Drizzt. Nice.

Played BG1 and 2 as 'Drow' fighter. Either used a two handed sword (Berserker cursed sword from BG1) or a Kensai (BG2). I dare say it was inspired by Drizzt originally but I genuinely can't remember!

So many options though!
  • Kow wrote:
    Ah, there's no cost for a new thread so make one. It'll last longer than 90% of the other threads on here anyway.

Oh no, I wasn’t offering to make one. Too much work.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Dunno how I'll manage this tbh, I play about 5-10 hours of games a week these days and I already hve SF VI and Remnant 2 to play.

Halp.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Hey everyone!

We are ONE DAY away from the release of Baldur’s Gate 3, so we hope your hearts are ready for adventure and your eyeballs are primed for tadpoling.

Many of you have been playing Baldur’s Gate 3 since the start of Early Access, all the way back in 2020. You may have accumulated a backlog of old save games, or even a few mods along the way. Even if you’re a first-time player, there’s information here that will be useful to you.

To make sure you’re prepared for the journey ahead, we strongly recommend you take the following steps before venturing forth.

1. Delete your in-game Early Access Saves
    We’ve taken measures to ensure a smooth transition into the launch version of BG3, but we still recommend deleting your in-game Early Access save files if you still have access to an Early Access version of the game.

Your Early Access saves and player profiles aren’t compatible with the release version of Baldur’s Gate 3, and leaving them in your save folders may in some fringe cases cause issues. Note: simply deleting the game’s save folder may create conflicts when either Steam Cloud or Larian Cloud re-downloads the save files.
    Open Baldur’s Gate 3.
    On the main menu, click Load Game.
    Click through old campaigns and select Delete Campaign.

This method will ensure your saves are deleted from your computer as well as from the cloud.

We know it can be hard to say goodbye: if you want to back up your saves before removing them from the cloud, you can move them from %LocalAppData%\Larian Studios to another location for safekeeping, before removing them.

2. Uninstall the Early Access version
    Having the Early Access version of Baldur’s Gate 3 installed will not speed up your download of the full game, and could affect your installation of the full game. Due to the game being in Early Access, we’re unable to offer pre-loads, as this would break existing Early Access saves. To uninstall:
    In the Steam client, open your Steam Library.
    Right click Baldur’s Gate 3.
    From the menu that appears, select Manage -> Uninstall.

3. Delete your Mods
    Existing mods will not be compatible with the release version of Baldur’s Gate 3, and will cause issues or break the game in unpredictable ways.

After uninstalling the game, check your Baldur’s Gate 3 installation folder and your AppData folder for Baldur’s Gate 3 to ensure there are no remaining folders for mods.

If you use a mod installer like the Vortex Mod Manager from Nexus, make sure you also uninstall the mods in the mod manager to ensure they aren’t automatically re-downloaded.

For mod-related troubleshooting, check out our Mod Information support page.

4. Install BG3 on an SSD
    A solid-state drive (SSD) is highly recommended to play Baldur’s Gate 3, and we recommend you install the game on yours. It’s good practice to make sure you have more space on the drive than is needed.

5. Update your graphics card drivers
    Updating to the latest graphics card drivers will help with compatibility and performance of the game.

6. Refer to the launch FAQ
    If you have any problems launching BG3 when we switch to the final version of the game on August 3rd, we’ll have an FAQ accessible from the launcher that will detail some of what we believe may be the most likely problems, with solutions.

Outside of the above, our support teams will be happy to assist you with any problems, but we sincerely hope you have fun with the final version of Baldur’s Gate 3!
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Dunno how I'll manage this tbh, I play about 5-10 hours of games a week these days and I already hve SF VI and Remnant 2 to play.

Halp.
    Haha, I probably do 1 hour a week on average. Friday night every other week or something silly. Just don't have the energy. Buying a stick for SF was lunacy.

But if anything can drag me in, it's this.

• Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Dunno how I'll manage this tbh, I play about 5-10 hours of games a week these days and I already hve SF VI and Remnant 2 to play. Halp.
    Haha, I probably do 1 hour a week on average. Friday night every other week or something silly. Just don't have the energy. Buying a stick for SF was lunacy. But if anything can drag me in, it's this.

Don't worry, I can't help myself as well... barely touched Diablo IV after paying for the €90 version... Bought Remnant 4-5 days ago and played it once or twice, opting for TV in the evening instead as like you, just too pooped for games. 

Still, the missus bought me a Steam Deck last Christmas which will be perfect for this I think which may lead me to playing it more on the couch, or in bed.
  • Yeah if it runs ok on steam deck it will be a great fit, played divinity 2 on switch handheld - despite the tech constraints it was brill
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Drizzt. Nice.

Played BG1 and 2 as 'Drow' fighter. Either used a two handed sword (Berserker cursed sword from BG1) or a Kensai (BG2). I dare say it was inspired by Drizzt originally but I genuinely can't remember!

So many options though!

I remember my dual wielding ranger from those games! That was before I knew who Drizzt was - but man I'm deep in tabletop D&D these days. I dropped him into a campaign I ran as an NPC.

BG2 easily in my top 5 all time.
  • Best games ever.

Did you know you can find Drizzt in BG1, let him get killed, then take all his equipment? Amazing.

Haven't played DnD since I was a teen but I have so much love for the Forgotten Realms setting.
  • Didn't know that!

D&D 5e has some amazing campaigns. I ran Tomb of Annihilation and it was seriously good fun.
  • Best games ever.

Did you know you can find Drizzt in BG1, let him get killed, then take all his equipment? Amazing.

And if you imported your save into BG2 it would remember if you assaulted Drizzt or not, and if you had, he would come back for a reckoning with your character in the sequel!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Please let us know how it is out of [10].
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    4pm our time today I think (PC players) for fresh BG3 download. Just in case anyone wants to play before bed, hefty 122gb download.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    4pm our time today I think (PC players) for fresh BG3 download. Just in case anyone wants to play before bed, hefty 122gb download.
    Wiring my steam deck into the router
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Deck has pretty good download speed luckily.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Not tried this on Deck previously but I assume 40hz is a good place to start?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I didn't mess with any of that stuff but yeah, probably good to help battery life.
  • I've never played a BG game, what's the necromancy like?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Deadly.
  • Does BG 3 have cross save?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Larían use their own launcher so probably.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Best games ever.

And if you imported your save into BG2 it would remember if you assaulted Drizzt or not, and if you had, he would come back for a reckoning with your character in the sequel!
    Best games.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    TWO MORE HOURS
  • Fucksake. I'm on Xbox. :-(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!