Assassin's Creed
  • Well that's a given and should be covered if the reviews editor is worth his salt.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    People should pay me £5 a month for my opinions.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Well that's 8 hours under the belt, and the only odd occurrences I've come across were both NPC related: one ignoring a market stall and walking straight over it, and the other doing her best Jesus impression by walking on water. Both high comedy value and hardly game-breaking.
  • Aye but you'll play any old shit, how was Lords of the Fallen?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Lords of the Fallen was a decent romp. Solid 7/10 taken on its own merits.
  • As I've already said I was enjoying the early game and I've been continuing on.

I've had my first real shitty bit of frame rate. Early on in a big, old church. The game was getting very framy, dripping down into the single digits when I was rotating the camera and the particle effects were going mad. 

But that's been the only time I've actually had the game impact my enjoyment. I've been enjoying the story now it's getting into full effect. It's pure sci-fic popcorn fare and it knows it. I enjoy the fact that's it's hammy at times and the acting and cutscenes play up to that a lot.

I've been enjoying the upgrading system. Being able to buy your various armour/weapons and hten upgrade them as you move forward really makes the game zip as there's always something new to buy, or upgrade or play with.

Also enjoyed the 'rift' missions. Very much the parkour/skill based/Mirrors Edge type affair that Assassins Creed has always had the ability to be.

Anyway - yes, there are some technical issues. It's affected me once, for 30 seconds in about 5 hours of play time.

Most of the time, the game looks and plays well. Here's a screenshot I took today.

B2muWiECYAAqYA6.jpg:large
  • Oh, yeah. The online co-op missions are good fun also.
  • I may not be as far along as Google but I concur that this is great. Paris looks gorgeous and is great fun to travel around, the main missions/story have been good so far with far better pacing than some previous Assassins Creed games.
    I've also been impressed with the side missions I have done so far, they seem far more interesting and detailed then I had expected.
    Also very few technical issues for me. In fact none that I can really remember.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Well I've done 2 x 8 hour sessions without any technical issues (aside from two comical NPCs I already mentioned).

I've played the story up to unlocking the Phantom Blade, other than that I've been doing the usual exploring, lapping up the atmosphere (it really feels like a city at boiling point), collecting bit & bobs, and getting into scuffles along the way.

Had a couple of "ouchy" moments when i unknowingly wandered into the 5* difficulty zone. That's some serious business! I went back later and attempted a 5* side quest which was really tricky as the riflemen can one-shot you as soon as they get a bead on you. I finally did it after several attempts, clearing 20-odd enemies using pure stealth tactics. Felt really satisfying. I now have 30,000 francs to spend on new toys. ;)

Anyone on here wanna coop (XBone)? Assuming it's working okay.
  • Think I'll wait for a game of the year edition with all patches included free.....
  • http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-face-off

Full DF Face-Off if anyone's interested.

Think I'll wait a while too. Not going back to icky fps drops and input lag after experiencing dat Black Flag smoothness.
  • ALSO:

Really like the detective side missions. For those that don't know, there is essentially a whole host of adventure game-lite missions where you collect evidence on a crime and solve a mystery. You can get it wrong which leads to a lower reward.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I solved my first case yesterday. The one involving the monks. I expected it to be cleverer than it was so I spent far too long umming and aahing at who to accuse when it was blatantly obvious just from chatting to the suspects. Lol.

The Enigmas on the other hand are a right head scratcher. Only tip I have is use the map to make sure you're in the right sorta zone, then get up high and check out your surroundings. Took me forever to find the church I was after as loads of non-religious building have spires. >_<
  • I've hardly encountered any bugs and am very much enjoying this so far. The story I'm finding to be pretty good for the series and the characters are definately a step up from past games. Ian just mostly ploughing through the main quest as want to get it done so I can move on to other games but the ones I have played were enjoyable.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Yeah, I really, really like the characters so far. Just completed the king of beggars line - super fun characters.
  • Ive done hardly any main missions as I keep getting distracted by the side missions. The murder cases in particular have been good so far.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I just came across an awesome NPC pyramid stacked 3 persons high. I just assumed it was a circus troupe on their way to practice. lol! 

Jokes aside, I do actually think there are too many NPC's on the streets. Its fucking rammed all the time! No wonder you get the odd weird glitch with the AI ignoring each other or objects in their path.

I'm still blown away by the graphics every time I boot it up. The lighting is just sublime!
  • It is very purdy 

Best assassins creed since 2 for me on all counts.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    It is very purdy  Best assassins creed since 2 for me on all counts.

Ooh, high praise indeed. 2 was great.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Paris is by far and away the best location they've created. It's brilliant world building. Obviously the graphical fidelity helps, but it feels tangible and lived in, and given The Revolution setting it is borderline anarchy. The stark contrast from the palace's pristine gardens to the almost Blighttown feel of the paupers back alley is fantastic!
  • Question for tech heads. Will they be able to fix the framerate? I'll be playing this after I finished Black Flag, and I don't want to return to a sub 30 fps after Black Flag's rock solid 30 fps.
  • Quite possibly, may be at the sacrifice of crowd numbers or particle gubbins.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Did people see they're now giving away the dlc for free?

And giving people who bought the season pass a free game to say sorry?

I hastily bought the season pass, despite not having the game. Am hoping this means The Crew for £20...
  • bogard wrote:
    Question for tech heads. Will they be able to fix the framerate? I'll be playing this after I finished Black Flag, and I don't want to return to a sub 30 fps after Black Flag's rock solid 30 fps.

What platform will you be playing it on?
  • I'm enjoying this a lot. Haven't got too far yet, but have been doing all the side missions so thing I'll focus on the story for a while.

Graphics are ridiculous, so pretty. Really was a wow moment for me and a great introduction to next gen. Paris is a great city to explore. The sheer number of people is crazy!

On an online front, has anyone set up the bear and badger club yet? If not I'll sort it next time I'm online.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Did people see they're now giving away the dlc for free? And giving people who bought the season pass a free game to say sorry? I hastily bought the season pass, despite not having the game. Am hoping this means The Crew for £20...

Class!!!

Stick it to the man!!!

Hope you get the game mate ;-)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Anyone wanna try coop on XBone this weekend?

If not, back to Dragon Age aka the ultimate time-sink.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    bogard wrote:
    Question for tech heads. Will they be able to fix the framerate? I'll be playing this after I finished Black Flag, and I don't want to return to a sub 30 fps after Black Flag's rock solid 30 fps.
    What platform will you be playing it on?

PS4.
  • It's better on the Bone atm. Read that Ubisoft are working on the performance issues. Will they ever get it as silky smooth as Black Flag.... I doubt it.

Next years Creed of Ass locale seems to have been leaked, and it's London innit.

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!