The TV you like thread
  • I guessed that spoiler by the end of episode 1.

It certainly wasn't a shock.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    which were your favourite eps?

In their entirety, I don't really have any besides BCDR. My favourite comedy moment was from S2E5...

Spoiler:

Lots of episodes are tonally all over the shop, as above, and I think that dilutes whichever of the elements you most enjoy.
  • There was a good 'conflict of interests' gag in And the Winner is...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Manhunt done. It was okay, not a patch on Mindhunter. Far too many hackneyed elements overall, but a fairly interesting story nonetheless.
  • Well, Daredevil season one was rather fun. Except... (probably not spoilers if you’ve read any of the comics or seen the Affleck film, but just in case.)

Spoiler:

Now, onto Jessica Jones.
  • Rosario Dawson is in every Marvel series, you’ll be glad to hear.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the sight thing. It bothered me but then I just decided to shrug it off and not worry about it too much.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Manhunt done. It was okay, not a patch on Mindhunter. Far too many hackneyed elements overall, but a fairly interesting story nonetheless.

I'm four episodes in.  It's enjoyable, but I agree with this.  For every bit that's well done there's a bit that makes reminds you it's just solid TV, whereas Mindhunter was superb throughout.
  • I thought the idea about Daredevil is that
    Spoiler:

I've not really read any Marvel, but I'm lead to believe Dawson is the analogue of a character called Night Nurse in the comics. She also pops up in one or two of the films, doesn't she?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just the shows.

And as far as DD’s sight goes: he’s in a world of superheroes.

Partridgeshrug.gif.
  • Andy wrote:
    Well, Daredevil season one was rather fun. Except... (probably not spoilers if you’ve read any of the comics or seen the Affleck film, but just in case.)
    Spoiler:
    Now, onto Jessica Jones.

This was my issue with it too. Like you, i've not read the comics or anything, so I have no real affinity for it and maybe it's just cos my expectation was 'off'...but yeah..
    Spoiler:
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • We finished manhunt yesterday. I enjoyed it but it's not without issues. The ending was okay but a bit anticlimactic.
  • Ref Daredevil.
    Not watched the show but looked it up and it seems like a fancy visual effect to look kewl.

The movie has a similar thing but more grounded.
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Regarding Daredevil's powers...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    As for Jessica Jones - I think it was my favourite of the Netflix Marvel shows (with the possible exception of DD S.1).  It has by far the best villain of any of them, and actually has a point to it other than just excuses for people to punch each other.  I'll happily admit that it's deeply flawed...
    Spoiler:
    ...but it still felt more satisfying than most of the others.
  • Tin knows where it's at.
  • No Dawson in Punisher for what it's worth. In fact it's to Punisher's credit that it pretty much completely ignored the fact that in theory it's taking place in the same world as DD, JJ etc.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Except for that Karen dope.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Spoiler:

No, not really.

Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's just a way of visualising what is essentially the same in the comic. His radar basically gives him a 3d picture of his surroundings.
  • This is like complaining that Spider-Man can climb walls, surely?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty much, yeah.
  • Kow wrote:
    Except for that Karen dope.

True, but she's just someone who has history with him.  There's no overlap with DD other than she knows both of them.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well there's plenty of reference to his escapades in series 2 of DD, it's why he's in hiding, but anyway. And of course, I can't stand Karen. Just need to mention that again. There's surely some small reference to Thor or Iron Man in there somewhere. Must be obligatory.
  • It's a fair enough gripe imo (edit: andy's one). They often play down the super aspects in the netflix shows and try and make it a bit more realistic. Especially so in DD because his origin and powers are a bit ridiculous. But then sometimes they don't do that, or they're inconsistent and it breaks the spell. He's just got super senses and they work as well as the story needs them to at that particular point.
  • Karen sucks. The worst character by a mile from all of those shows.
  • Kow wrote:
    Well there's plenty of reference to his escapades in series 2 of DD, it's why he's in hiding, but anyway. And of course, I can't stand Karen. Just need to mention that again. There's surely some small reference to Thor or Iron Man in there somewhere. Must be obligatory.

DD references Punisher but Punisher doesn't mention DD.  You're right that there's a (normally jarring) reference to "the event" or "the big green guy" or something at least once in all the other series but I didn't spot a single one in Punisher.

Karen's good though, eh?
  • I have no issue with Karen.

Unless she's bad enough that I blocked my memories of her, which happens sometimes.
  • Spoiler:
  • It's all just Due South with Power Rangers fights run through a cg filter.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!