The TV you like thread
  • Only knows it to two decimal places.  Nerd fail.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Just spotted that BBC2 has picked up Atlanta, first couple of eps on iPlayer. Seems decent enough so far.

Yep, I've enjoyed them.  I thought the second episode was incredible, it handled some fairly extreme tonal shifts with panache, and a lot of it was brilliantly observed.  It's a shame we're so far behind the US though (where the second series is just finishing.)

The entire series is amazing and I highly recommend it. Like you said it's very well observed and handles some serious matters well
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Mist is piss poor then.
  • Yeah, it’s future is definitely looking murky.

• pantyfire wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    Billions is brilliant, like Spartacus brilliant.

I watched 3 episodes of it, then decided I hated all of the characters too much to continue. Bunch of cunts.
    You are meant to dislike them all. They are all driven arseholes but just happen to be on different sides I think you'd have issues if you were rooting for either of them tbh.

Yeah, I get that, but I just didn’t find anything interesting on anything either side or that the story was telling me to hook me into the show. Couldn’t give shit one about those people in that world.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The Mist is piss poor then.

Yeah. Fucking awful.
  • Gremill wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    I watched 3 episodes of it, then decided I hated all of the characters too much to continue. Bunch of cunts.
    You are meant to dislike them all. They are all driven arseholes but just happen to be on different sides I think you'd have issues if you were rooting for either of them tbh.
    Yeah, I get that, but I just didn’t find anything interesting on anything either side or that the story was telling me to hook me into the show. Couldn’t give shit one about those people in that world.
    Yeah, it’s just hard to care about anything anyone says or does. Still, we’ll probably give it a few more episodes.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:

That’s pretty much how I felt about Mad Men.
  • 672.gif
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Only knows it to two decimal places.  Nerd fail.

IDGI, it would be hard to measure 0.1% or less of a pie.
  • Tell that to my brother. We've had fights over smaller discrepancies I'm sure.
  • The Handmaid’s Tale S2 started as bleak as all hell. No easing in whatsoever, just horror upon horror from the get-go. Also no recap and straight into continuation from the final scene of S1, so if you’re at all fuzzy on how S1 ended, go remind yourself before watching.

As with the first season, I find myself wondering why I’m watching it. Scene after scene of horrific torture, both physical and psychological. It’s not entertainment. It is compelling though. I think S2 is making it even clearer that this isn’t some far-fetched imaginary dystopia, it’s taking what has happened in distant nations over and over again through history and mapping it on to modern America. Realising that makes it even more terrifying.

On a totally different note, Patrick Melrose is great stuff so far. Episode one was 100% The Cumberbatch Show, a fucking masterclass in acting, but episode two belongs to Hugo Weaving. Amazingly menacing performance.

I noticed at the end of the credits that my friend is the executive producer and now I’m super bloody proud of her. It’s brilliant.
  • poprock wrote:
    So if you’re at all fuzzy on how S1 ended, go remind yourself before watching.

I never get a fuzzy feeling from watching the Handmaid's Tale.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • poprock wrote:
    The Handmaid’s Tale S2 started as bleak as all hell. No easing in whatsoever, just horror upon horror from the get-go. Also no recap and straight into continuation from the final scene of S1, so if you’re at all fuzzy on how S1 ended, go remind yourself before watching.

Not sure where you watched it, but the version Channel 4 aired yesterday had a recap at the start.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Not sure where you watched it, but the version Channel 4 aired yesterday had a recap at the start.

Really? Wow. Must have been fast. I switched on a couple of minutes after nine and things were already, erm, progressing quite far!
  • Watching Handmaids Tale tonight, so I can ffwd through the fucking ads.

Just finished episode 11 of Punisher - in which he fights off the death squad in the HQ warehouse. Fucking brutal stuff, visceral as all hell. It’s interesting how they’re having a discussion as the series progresses about the rights and wrongs of gun control but then are absolutely unflinching in showing the effects of a shotgun blast to a face. Some have said that the show is pro-gun but I’m not so sure that in the face of such unsparing graphic violence that this is the case.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Out of boredom I watched the first episode of Lost in Space. I was pleasantly surprised, as I had expected drivel. Plenty of family friendly tension. Will watch more.
  • That family can't take a shit without a near death experience.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • This Atlanta thing is alright
  • Yeh, watched them all now, it gets better as it goes as well.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Preacher season 3 starts 24th June yay
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    God help me fit it in.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I hope it's a damn site better than the HOT PISS that was Season 2.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Found them never less than entertaining but agree they stretched it too thin.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Preacher season 2 failed to deliver on the great season one build up, I’ve just about forgotten how shite it was, so will tune in.

Been catching up on season 3 of The Expanse and it’s still a great space based show. Unfortunately Sci-fi have pulled the plug on season 4, in the hands of the streaming gods to pick up now.

Also watched a few eps of Legion season 2, not grabbing me like the first, probably because I assumed wrongly that there’d be less psychological shenanigans this time round and it appears they’ve double downed on that stuff.
    Things can only get better.
  • g.man wrote:
    I hope it's a damn site better than the HOT PISS that was Season 2.

I never watched past episode 1 of season 2. Not because I didn’t enjoy it - it was a hell of an opener - but I just didn’t bother in the end. Was it that bad?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I gave up about 4 or 5 episodes in, just didn't seem to be going anywhere.
  • Me too. It wasn’t bad as such, just not good either.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • WorKid wrote:
    Fargo done. 2>>1>3

The order doesn’t matter.  They are all brilliant

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!