The TV you like thread
  • Legion S2 Ep6. WOW! This show is absolutely killing it at the moment.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm a couple of episodes into Better Call Saul S03. It's just so good.
  • Hmm. When did that come out?
  • Oh wait, have I seen that one already?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I think so, EU Netflix had that last year, just got added to US a couple weeks ago.
  • Finished Wild Wild Country last night. An absolutely outstanding documentary. I guess they were gifted with a great true life story that was utterly mental but the creation of the actual show was still of the highest quality. Great archive footage, brilliant music and a very good selection of talking heads. Loved every second of it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Finished Wild Wild Country last night. An absolutely outstanding documentary. I guess they were gifted with a great true life story that was utterly mental but the creation of the actual show was still of the highest quality. Great archive footage, brilliant music and a very good selection of talking heads. Loved every second of it.

Wasn’t the contemporary day commune shown right at the end depressing though??? All shareholders and iPads and stuff for kids to do?
    Where’s the guns and orgies and poisoning’s?
  • BBS S4 is late this year as they didn’t get the green light for season 4 until the end of season 3 had aired. Apparently the Venn diagram of BBS and B.B. is really beginning to overlap this time. Both Aaron Paul and Cranston have been seen on site too.
  • g.man wrote:
    Legion S2 Ep6. WOW! This show is absolutely killing it at the moment.

I'm a few episodes behind you, but agree it's excellent.  It feels maybe a little less focused than series 1, but it's luring me in again nicely.  It also feels like...
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, I shall look forward to catching up...
  • That NYT interview with the ArrDev cast... Uncomfortable.
  • Oh? I shall look it up.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    BBS S4 is late this year as they didn’t get the green light for season 4 until the end of season 3 had aired. Apparently the Venn diagram of BBS and B.B. is really beginning to overlap this time. Both Aaron Paul and Cranston have been seen on site too.

BCS?
  • That NYT interview with the ArrDev cast... Uncomfortable.

I thought it was an interesting microcosm of the issue as a whole.  You have a woman quite clearly explaining that something was incredibly unpleasant for her, and a group of men insisting, "not to belittle her experience", that what she felt isn't relevant and anyway this stuff happens all the time and it's inevitable, so let's just forget about it.
    MattyJ wrote:
    Oh? I shall look it up.

It's here.

Wasn’t the contemporary day commune shown right at the end depressing though??? All shareholders and iPads and stuff for kids to do?
    Where’s the guns and orgies and poisoning’s?

Yeah I don’t see them making a sequel about the new ranch...

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • DMCGSsY.png

Mate's organised this to promote the campaign, pretty cool I think.
  • New series of You Me Her coming to Netflix 1st of June. I realise I’m probably the only badger who cares about that, mind.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Legion S2 Ep6. WOW! This show is absolutely killing it at the moment.

I'm a few episodes behind you, but agree it's excellent.  It feels maybe a little less focused than series 1, but it's luring me in again nicely.  It also feels like...
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, I shall look forward to catching up...

Checked in here after ignoring the thread for 100 pages because I am also watching S2 of Legion, which is immeasurably better than all the Marvel pish on Netflix. So far I much prefer it to S1, which I thought fell into the trap of dragging out its build up to something that wasn’t really there. This is much more playful, and as ever the A.V. Club reviews are excellent. Episode 3 - which is the last I watched - starts with that excellent cheerleader tic thing, which is of course entirely true and I’m glad their reviews cover the episodes in such detail.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I have only just started watching season one of Legion.  Only two episodes in and it’s already better than anything I’ve seen in the Marvelverse, films and all.
    Get schwifty.
  • Temps, can you expand on your tweet about Legion? I'm not sure I follow.
  • I feel like if it was on Netflix it would have to conform to the aesthetic and style of the other shows and thus lose what makes it good.
  • I doubt it. For one, afaik, Netflix doesn't give notes, to it's entirely down to the production company. But also, Legion as a character is vastly different from the Defenders characters, so it wouldn't make sense.

I don't think anyone would seriously have attempted to make an omega level mutant with multiple personalities into a grounded and realistic show, whatever the platform.

As there would have been no possibility of any crossover due to the rights holders, there would be even less reason to attempt that.
  • Regardless, It's still better than the pish on Netlfix, which was the main point I was making.
  • Personally I wouldn't cross the road to watch superhero tv. It's just not my thing.
    But Legion? Fuck me that's a whole other level of awesome tv.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Finished Punisher - really ‘enjoyed’ it (seriously, how much can a sane person enjoy that level of violence?) and found it a cut above most of the other Marvel TV stuff (most of which I’ve actually enjoyed). Joe Berenthal is superb and I thought the series really captured the insane ultra violence of the War Zone comic books.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • One of Legion's great strengths is that it (mostly) ignores its source material, taking only what it wants, and making something more interesting with the results.  It's clearly Noah Hawley's thing, much more than it is Marvel's.  (And to be fair, it's to the latter's credit that they've let him play with their toys.) 

Also, I only discovered the other day that some of the weird cover versions that turn up in Legion are sung by Hawley himself.  (Apparently he did the same on Fargo.  Bloody showoff.)
  • Blum on Graham Norton Show tonight.
  • Friday Night Dinner. Soooooooo good.
  • season two of the Handmaids Tale.

Seemed especially grim opening for the sake of being grim.. hopefully will improve?
    The Forum Herald™
  • The next episode has The Punisher in it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!