Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ah wait, there are some new instalments it seems.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh well, it’s all new to me.  Riveting stuff all the same.
    Get schwifty.
  • I watched a documentary about how they made hulls of ships.
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I hope you’re here all week.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The conversations between the defence team in ep two are fascinating.
    Get schwifty.
  • There’s an absolutely cracking doco on Sky Arts called ‘Come Together: The History of the Festival’. Well worth your time.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • This doco is brilliant- some of the line ups at the festivals in 1969/70 are insane.
  • 650,000 people at the Isle of Wight festival!
  • Christ, that's more than 5 times the actual population of the island today.  Imagine the queues for the portaloos though....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • They solved that problem by not having any.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Eurgh!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It’s an island. Everyone just goes off the side.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It is how the needles were formed.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    The Staircase.  Only one ep in and it’s brilliant.  Get on it Netflix bros, it’s the new Making a Murderer.

What was the documentary/podcast that was edited to make the guy look innocent, or at least cast doubt, when he was clearly guilty?  I seem to remember it was put together by the guy's family or lawyer or something.

Is this it?  I seem to remember @Facewon talking about it ages ago.
  • Yeah that's probably one of the main ones where it doesn't really explore both sides. You could say similar things about Making a Murderer too where there's details missing that muddy the innocence waters a bit.

The Staircase was made before MaM I think. There's some interesting stuff to read after you finish the series. Especially some interesting theories about what happened.

The Jinx is still the most entertaining one I've watched
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Finally got around to the first episode of A Very English Scandal on iPlayer. A solid effort.
  • Two episodes into Evil Genius (so halfway!) and it is another belter of a documentary from Netflix and the Duplass Brothers. Just further proof that life is stranger than fiction as you would struggle to write this shit.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Tricky scheduling tonight, Handmaids Tale vs Patrick Melrose vs Poldark (for the Mrs). Think we’ll bump Poldark to later in the week.

• poprock wrote:
    Tricky scheduling tonight, Handmaids Tale vs Patrick Melrose vs Poldark (for the Mrs). Think we’ll bump Poldark to later in the week.

vs Frankie goes to Russia
  • So that’s Patrick Melrose finished. An absolutely outstanding piece of television. BAFTAs all over the place come next year, mark my words.
  • This could also go in the 101 things thread.  I'm two episodes into The Bridge season 3 on the iplayer box sets thing, gearing up for a good old two-a-night blitz, and the first episode of season 4 dropped off catch up today.
  • going through S2 of 13 reasons why, not as good as S1 so far but clearly they've listened to the glorification of kids problems criticisms they got from the public
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'm enjoying The Bridge S3, but ffs (third episode spoilers)
    Spoiler:
  • JJ S2. Wow that jumped the shark fast.

Like a drunk Scotsman
    Spoiler:
  • Springwatch watch.  Chris Packham started scratching the badger on Michaela Strachan's jumper last night, and when asked what he was up to replied "I'm scratching your badger".
  • poprock wrote:
    So that’s Patrick Melrose finished. An absolutely outstanding piece of television. BAFTAs all over the place come next year, mark my words.

All sat down to watch this last night, suddenly Patrick is speaking in a reedy russian voice. Fuck.

Jumped back to Legion instead. EP6 was probably my favourite episode of the show so far, and Ep7 was enjoyable too.
  • I only caught a couple eps of the first Preacher season before finding other things to do. I wonder if Herr Starr gets bummed in it.
  • One of those things is Joe Pera Talks with You, which is both hilarious and ASMR-inducing, somehow.
  • Finished The Terror tonight. Thought it was very good but it did drag a bit at the halfway mark. The main characters were great but I also really struggled to remember names and faces which was a shame. Despite these issues, it was still a very good slice of TV.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • poprock wrote:
    So that’s Patrick Melrose finished. An absolutely outstanding piece of television. BAFTAs all over the place come next year, mark my words.

Absolutely, what a wonderful piece of TV it was. Production was really slick and understated, some excellent cinematography and foley work going on. I want to know exactly why Patrick didn't spark out Nick at the end, I was shouting PUNCH HIM at the TV during his final ramble on the stairs.

I read an interesting thing in a review too...
    Spoiler:

Also Legion Season 8. Still loving this, Navid Negahban is the best guy ever, electric every time he is on screen, voice like liquid silk. Love it. Show is still weird as fuck, much like Hannibal its fully in my wheelhouse as it is all: AESTHETIC > everything else. Luckily it has spent a little more time with characters this season which means it's more enjoyable than S1. Syd's episode and David's imagined futures were utter blinders back to back.

I have a worry though - the AV Club has given the last episode a quite damning (by their standards) review. It hasn't dipped below a B this season, but they gave the finale a C. Eek.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!