#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah, I made the mistake of watching S3 having not seen the first two in a few years. You’ll definitely get more out of S3 if you come fresh out of the other two. I won’t make that mistake again when I get around to watching it again, which will probably be very soon.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    We’ll be finishing off the last couple of Twin Peaks episodes tonight. Gutted it’s coming to an end; have loved every second of it. Lynch not only rules behind the camera, but in my opinion he’s the best thing in front of it too. I hope we don’t have to wait another 25 years for more.
    Boy are you in for a treat.
    Well it’s over now... :( I didn’t want it to end. I think it’s the finest piece of television I have ever seen, exceeding even the first season. I can’t stop thinking about it.
    o/
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    \o
    Get schwifty.
  • Hap & Leonard done.  Seasons two and three were hugely enjoyable.  Leads made for an excellent duo, soundtrack was littered with belters and the whole thing felt like they tried to make a good old fashioned punch-them-in-the-fuck 90s show set in the 80s.  I might read the books, seeing as it's been cancelled.  Solid call, @g.man.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Hap & Leonard done.  Seasons two and three were hugely enjoyable.  Leads made for an excellent duo, soundtrack was littered with belters and the whole thing felt like they tried to make a good old fashioned punch-them-in-the-fuck 90s show set in the 80s.  I might read the books, seeing as it's been cancelled.  Solid call, @g.man.

The books are about a million times better than the TV series - which I enjoyed. Start with Mucho Mojo though, Savage Season is the least good of the series.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Glad you enjoyed it Moot.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • We just started Hap and Leonard ourselves. Really enjoying it so far so it is particularly nice to hear how good series 2 and 3 are!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Gremill wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Hap & Leonard done.  Seasons two and three were hugely enjoyable.  Leads made for an excellent duo, soundtrack was littered with belters and the whole thing felt like they tried to make a good old fashioned punch-them-in-the-fuck 90s show set in the 80s.  I might read the books, seeing as it's been cancelled.  Solid call, @g.man.
    The books are about a million times better than the TV series - which I enjoyed. Start with Mucho Mojo though, Savage Season is the least good of the series.

Where would I start to continue from where the show left off?  Or did they deviate from the novels so much I'd be better off going back?
  • Started watching The Innocents on Netflix. It’s good, but not great. Intriguing rather than a must-watch.

Two teenage runaways trying to escape their (actually not very) rough lives up north by escaping to London to start a life together. The girl starts to develop strange abilities/powers. Drama follows.

The trailers etc really didn’t capture the tone of the show at all. It’s actually got a bit of a Les Revenants feel to it, which is no bad thing.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Where would I start to continue from where the show left off?  Or did they deviate from the novels so much I'd be better off going back?

Yeah, they deviated massively from all of the books. Next in the series is ‘Bad Chilli’ if you want to do that though, however ‘Two Bear Mambo’ is an excellent book and well worth reading.

The biggest differences between the books and TV show is that there’s a lot more ass-kicking and Leonard is an absolutely fearless bad-ass beast. The dialogue in the books is better and funnier too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Mmm, more The Affair. Just started binge watching Series 4. Not yet sure where it's headed, but it's still my guilty pleasure. The first series is maybe my face TV since Breaking Bad, so I'll give it slightly losing itself since there.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yeah, they deviated massively from all of the books. Next in the series is ‘Bad Chilli’ if you want to do that though, however ‘Two Bear Mambo’ is an excellent book and well worth reading. The biggest differences between the books and TV show is that there’s a lot more ass-kicking and Leonard is an absolutely fearless bad-ass beast. The dialogue in the books is better and funnier too.

So fucking up for this.  Got to finish what I'm reading at the mo, and I picked up a 50p copy of Dances With Wolves in a charity shop this week, but then I am absolutely on it.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Mmm, more The Affair. Just started binge watching Series 4. Not yet sure where it's headed, but it's still my guilty pleasure. The first series is maybe my face TV since Breaking Bad, so I'll give it slightly losing itself since there.

Friends keeps recommending The Affair. Think I’m going to have to cave in and start watching it soon.

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yeah, they deviated massively from all of the books. Next in the series is ‘Bad Chilli’ if you want to do that though, however ‘Two Bear Mambo’ is an excellent book and well worth reading. The biggest differences between the books and TV show is that there’s a lot more ass-kicking and Leonard is an absolutely fearless bad-ass beast. The dialogue in the books is better and funnier too.

So fucking up for this.  Got to finish what I'm reading at the mo, and I picked up a 50p copy of Dances With Wolves in a charity shop this week, but then I am absolutely on it.
    You won’t regret it. They’re my all time favourite series of books, nothing else makes me laugh as much.

The way Lansdale writes fight scenes is like nothing else - combined with his spot on takes on masculinity, brotherhood and the living, breathing world of East Texas every book has me practically thinking in a Texan accent by the time I’ve finished them.

Read them all, then start buying everything else Lansdale has written. I’ve never read a book of his that I didn’t love.
  • The Unforgotten. Pretty good.

Yes I'm late to the party again.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Friends keeps recommending The Affair. Think I’m going to have to cave in and start watching it soon.

Do it! First series is really excellent. Second is still far better than most and has some great scenes. The a bit wobblier but I'm told the fourth is a return to form, so fingers crossed...!

• Watched a few episodes of Disenchanted. Not a fan. The jokes aren't great and the animation is weird. It's... Slow? Like sometimes the characters seem to move in treacle. There's no zip to it, no fun.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Only watched the first episode and wasn’t enamoured. Felt very awkward, not sure if it was the scripting or the voice work but it just felt off. Probably won’t bother with any more.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Gremill wrote:
    Read them all, then start buying everything else Lansdale has written. I’ve never read a book of his that I didn’t love.

I'm looking through his stuff now, turns out I've read The Thicket, which afaik was the only time I've encountered 4-gauge hand cannon.  Will probably start at the beginning with H&L but it's a shame there doesn't seem to be a box-set available.
  • Glow series 2 is surprisingly very good. The narrative thrust of the show is gone (will they make a show at all) but in its space are explorations into the motivations and insecurities of all the characters and the fall out when all of these crash into each other into a hot environment of violence and competitiveness. Very good.
  • I only made it halfway into the first episode of Disenchanted. It’s shit.
  • More Hap & Leonard.  Bought 2-6 in the series, decided to start at Mucho Mojo.  Should keep me quiet for a while.
  • I just spent 20 minutes explaining episode four of The Innocents to Mrs Poprock, because she fell asleep during it and wanted a précis rather than a rewatch. Turns out the show is denser than I thought – there was a lot to run through.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    More Hap & Leonard.  Bought 2-6 in the series, decided to start at Mucho Mojo.  Should keep me quiet for a while.

Good man! Rumble Tumble is my favourite of the series, it’s brilliant.
  • Nearly done with s4 of proper The Bridge.

Fucking great again.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just finished S2 of the Handmaid’s Tale. Brilliant stuff.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Just finished S2 of the Handmaid’s Tale. Brilliant stuff.
    It was fantastic. I was very slightly disappointed with the last episode, but it was still top tier TV.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • HAPPY on netflix, just zeen epsiode 1.loved it. so violent and funny
  • Sharp objects done and dusted. Great fun for the summer.
    Peter3C

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!