The TV you like thread
  • I think partridge will grow over the series which is great because it started acely.
  • I didn't rate static home Alan at the time, very much, and it's still not his best, but I like it a lot more. Give it time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I was a fan of partridge particularly the lapland / Poland bit
  • Both series of I'm are incredible.

Film is the weakest of all Partridge.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I thought the film was great.
  • Film was fine. I mostly like it because the out-the-window-trousers-down thing damn near happened to me irl
  • Watching a doco on C4 called 'Three Identical Strangers' - highly recommended, what a fucking story!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Watching a doco on C4 called 'Three Identical Strangers' - highly recommended, what a fucking story!

Yup posted about this in the film thread a while back, legit story
  • Gremill wrote:
    Watching a doco on C4 called 'Three Identical Strangers' - highly recommended, what a fucking story!
    Same.
    It’s incredible. Makes me wanna go hug my twin boys. Story is absolutely incredible.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Lynn should never, ever stand over Alan.

It did jar, definitely, especially with the framing where her head was cut off, it made it look like he was at school and his mammy had come in to have a word with one of the teachers who'd been upsetting him.

Maybe she knows that this is Alan's one last chance to get big in the back time, knows how much it means to him and can sense his nerves so she's gone full badger rather than mouse, playing the ruthless, protective mammy role rather than the overindulgent servant.

These are probably the moments where Alan realises how much he needs Lynn and that she's ferociously loyal and willing to fight his corner despite how he behaves towards her.

They all know the character of Lynn, I refuse to entertain the idea that they've just made her a new persona to fit the show.

I don't rate Tim Key at all.
    I've never found him funny and I don't like the way he is, the way he acts, the way his face moves and stuff.
    He's not allowed in my wendy house.
  • I get what you're saying but I'm not so sure.
    My concern is that the way Alan speaks to Lynn wouldn't fly with audiences these days and they would get complaints so they changed it up.
  • When I said "I refuse to entertain the idea that they've just made her a new persona to fit the show.", I meant that to come across like I was trying to convince myself rather than me having a pot shot.
    Just to make sure, I've seen people fall out over less!

I'm hearing you, I just hope you're not right!

The current clashing of heads between the terminally thick binary thinkers on the internet front-lines, the alt-right and the equally ridiculous new puritans is such fertile comedy ground, and Alan is the perfect conduit (not sure if right word) to make points or just have fun with the whole thing.

The line from the first show "A tumbledown farmhouse nestled in the cleavage of soft bosomy downs. Can you say cleavage? Can you say bosom? Might not be a woman, might just be a smooth, fat, teenage boy"

Was so good, the pull for Coogan to show the cogs and do a twitchy reaction afterwards must have been immense but I'm so glad he just let that one hang.
  • That's cool, no worries there.
  • Kow wrote:
    I thought the film was great.
    I liked it more after a repeat watch but still thought it the weakest of an strong bunch. The highs are very high though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd watch Colm Meany in anything. Except Star Trek.
  • Classic Kow
    The Forum Herald™
  • I highly doubt they’ve forgotten who Lynn is.  A good few years have gone by and something could have changed between Alan and her and I think that this may come out as we progress through the show.

Tim Key has always been a weird addition to it all to me.  His bit felt the most forced and sit-com-y though I still found the premise quite amusing in much the same way as the steps almost but not quite catchin Alan out on his walk through the studio to the hacktivist.  Hmm. Lots to love,
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Kow used to be one of my favourites.
  • Behind the Curve, a documentary on Netflix about flat Earthers.

It's fascinating to see how they try to maintain and justify the idea.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I watched the first twenty minutes of that then had to stop because I want Danielle to witness the mental with me.
  • Finished Kims Convenience. Presumably season three is in the works?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Went down the Sumerian rabbit hole last night. Compelling stuff for some.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Behind the Curve, a documentary on Netflix about flat Earthers.

It's fascinating to see how they try to maintain and justify the idea.

"They just don't want you to know anything so they can inject you with their vaccines and invent dinosaurs."

Scientists versus morons who never managed to leave their mothers' house. I wonder who'll win.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Finished Kims Convenience. Presumably season three is in the works?

Season 3 is airing in Canadia at the moment, a 4th season has also been commissioned.
  • Kow wrote:
    Behind the Curve, a documentary on Netflix about flat Earthers. It's fascinating to see how they try to maintain and justify the idea.
    "They just don't want you to know anything so they can inject you with their vaccines and invent dinosaurs." Scientists versus morons who never managed to leave their mothers' house. I wonder who'll win.
    They're winning. Easily. (According to them.)

Best bit is when they start doing their own scientific experiments to prove it's flat, and how they react to the results.
  • Yes. I dont have Netflix right now (I cancel sub every now and then to build up a pool of content).

I wanted to watch that though after seeing the clip of them setup that experiment with the two walls with holes in and basically prove themselves wrong.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The scientists say that calling them stupid etc is not the way forward, but frankly it's hard to deny. It's no surprise they seem to be anti vaxxers as well.
  • The Hbomb vid on flat earthers is good if you like his sort of thing

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'll check that out later. But really I don't know if any response is necessary, they seem capable of digging their own holes easily enough.
  • How thick do they think the earth is? Why doesn't one of them just dig down?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!