@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Settle down chaps, only watched the first two episodes of S3.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Don't worry, we aren't talking about that bit.
  • Oh you mean that bit.

Vlc_2014-05-26_20-03-51-81.bmp_.jpg
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I watched it all and have no idea what bit they’re talking about.
  • Finished Jessica Jones last night and I really enjoyed it. I reckon season three was the strongest of the lot. JJ might even be my favourite of the Marvel shows, in hindsight. Season two was a bit of a duffer, but they all seemed to have that problem.
    Spoiler:
  • poprock wrote:
    I watched it all and have no idea what bit they’re talking about.

I haven't watched any and I know exactly which bit.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Finished off S2 of the OA, beautifully made silly nonsense. The detective guy reminded me of a young Humphrey Bogart, thought he was excellent.

It was a gloriously bonkers story. Much more fun than the first series, probably because it refused to take itself seriously this time around.
  • poprock wrote:
    Finished Jessica Jones last night and I really enjoyed it. I reckon season three was the strongest of the lot. JJ might even be my favourite of the Marvel shows, in hindsight. Season two was a bit of a duffer, but they all seemed to have that problem.
    Spoiler:

Yeah, that was daft.  JJ definitely the most interesting of the four, but DD had by far the best action.  Luke Cage gets a nod for doing something a bit different (S2, at least) and Iron Fist can go in the bin.
  • I even enjoyed Defenders, but the standalone series were all better. Yes, even Iron Fist.
  • Finn Wossname was a shit actor, and had clearly never done martial arts beyond fuckwit belt.  Hopeless casting killed it for me.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Oh, you mean THAT bit.
    Lol!!!! Yep!!!

Cant wait to start on OA season 2.

Season 1 of the OA had a "that bit" too. Wonderfully bonkers.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • If you enjoy a good THAT bit, Two Peaks: The Return is more or less one big that bit. Or at least back to back that bits.
  • Ninja, you are going to lose your shit at ‘that bit’ in season two of The OA.

If you ever come back to this thread to check which bit I meant …
    Spoiler:
  • Stranger Things S3 done, and it was indeed fine.  Touching ending written specifically to emotionally manipulate those of us watching children grow up, and it certainly worked on me, but that's OK too.
  • Really didn’t like OA series 2, after being really into the first one. Just felt like a totally different show.
  • Did you watch the OC by mistake?
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Oh, you mean THAT bit.
    Lol!!!! Yep!!! Cant wait to start on OA season 2. Season 1 of the OA had a "that bit" too. Wonderfully bonkers.

WHICH BIT?!?!?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Burned through Stranger Things Season 3. It was fine. I liked the SFX on the thing, woo, nice Resident Evil 2 vibes from him. Passable as ever, riddled with cliches. Steve Harrington continuing to be the best thing about Season 3 as he was in Season 2. Dunno how they're gonna keep this interesting for years, but it's passable well made fluff.

Got recommended a Frankenstein's Monster's Monster: Frankenstein, which is a dumb 30 minute one-off where David Harbour investigates his dad's past as an actor and the fated TV production of the eponymous play. It's like Garth Marenghi meets The Director's Commentary, meets F is for Fake. Had me howling once or twice, it's very dumb and playful.
  • Interesting probably nobody but me, Frank Spotnitz (X-Files) and Big Light Productions ;Man in the High castle) have been attached to produce an Eisenhorn TV program.

Gregor Eisenhorn is a character that features in a trilogy by Dan Abnett, one of the better (maybe the best) GW writers, who had also worked extensively in comics. He’s an Inquisitor so he goes around investigating signs of Heresy and Xenos activity. It’s nowhere near being in production but ya about the only angle on Warhammer 40,000 that could probably work on TV so I am vaguely interested to see if they manage this.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm watching Lucifer on my train ride every day. It's shite, such a waste of a Neil Gaiman character. It's like a bad episode of what I imagine CSI is like, but with a camp Satan in the mix. But I'm still watching, hoping it might improve.
  • Saw the current last episode of Killing Eve.
    Spoiler:
  • Saw the current last episode of Killing Eve.
    Spoiler:

Eve was my biggest problem with this series. Every character was well rounded and developed in the first series. Same again in this series bar ONE OF THE MAIN FUCKING CHARACTERS.
    Still love Villanelle though. Real show stopper of a performance.
  • Can’t help thinking that’s deliberate though. Maybe showing the complexities of stuff like psychopathy.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • And showing how hard it is to understand if you don’t have first-hand experience. Yeah. I thought the professor character in this season helped make that clearer.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Interesting probably nobody but me, Frank Spotnitz (X-Files) and Big Light Productions ;Man in the High castle) have been attached to produce an Eisenhorn TV program. Gregor Eisenhorn is a character that features in a trilogy by Dan Abnett, one of the better (maybe the best) GW writers, who had also worked extensively in comics. He’s an Inquisitor so he goes around investigating signs of Heresy and Xenos activity. It’s nowhere near being in production but ya about the only angle on Warhammer 40,000 that could probably work on TV so I am vaguely interested to see if they manage this.
    It always seems like a bit of a weird and expensive property to adapt, but we must be at the stage where anything that could be turned into a big franchise is going to get a chance now.
  • Also GW are making money hand over fist these days
  • Britbox looks hilariously poor.
    6 quid a month for UK Gold.

No original content, all BBC content will be at least a year old and it is being ran by ITV whose current streaming service is utter garbage quality.

Launching it the same week as charging over 75s for the license has also been missed by the media.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!