The TV you like thread
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Midway through expanse s2. Some good stuff going on.

It's a great show.

I'm into s3. I'm still not quite sure whether I like it or not.

I love it. But it is totally a case of sf fans having to put up with bits of shitness to get to good stuff.

I'll forgive some dialogue, and bad acting for great world building and mostly good story. This has hit a few bum notes, but is mostly great and has me wanting to see what happens next.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Guys.... I.... Really like Top Gear with Paddy and Freddie.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Have you watched the latest Big Little Lies yet, Kow? Lot to pack in in the final few seconds.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Stranger Things, I've only had chance to watch two episodes so far as I want to watch it with Danielle.
    Spoiler:

Still a grand watch though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    Have you watched the latest Big Little Lies yet, Kow? Lot to pack in in the final few seconds.

Yep, just finished it. A lot going on there.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Guys.... I.... Really like Top Gear with Paddy and Freddie.

Yeah I enjoyed the first two, havent watched this week's yet.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Im enjoying it, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the bullying Harris receives.
  • Im enjoying it, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the bullying Harris receives.
    yeah. I'm enjoying it a lot generally, the chemistry between the 3 seems pretty genuine, but it does often comes across as the '2 big lads picking on the little smart kid'
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Stranger Things 3 was brilliant fun as usual, but I think it'll take another viewing to really appreciate it.

Continuing with Nightflyers now, I'm quite keen to get it over with. It's pretty boring.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • LivDiv wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Guys.... I.... Really like Top Gear with Paddy and Freddie.

Yeah I enjoyed the first two, havent watched this week's yet.

Somehow it just works.
    It's great fun again.
  • I concur
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Finished Nightflyers - what a fucking mess of a show.
  • I gave up at the point at which the captain of the ship' reveals the
    Spoiler:
    Does it get even worse after that?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Only gets better from there.
  • Y’know What I liked about the ending to Stranger Things S3?
    Spoiler:

Y’know what I didn’t like?
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Microsoft pricks are doing a competition where they mention a major spoiler on Twitter and a mate obviously retweeted it because he's entering it and even though I'm avoiding Twitter it ended up in my inbox. Cunts!
  • Gotta admit, I didn’t think that was a spoiler. I saw someone else complain about it earlier and really didn’t see why.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It really is. It's about the end of the series (I assume) and if there is any drama leading up to that then it is just gone. Either way it was a wank way to post when they could have just avoided it.
  • I’m gonna put this in spoiler tags just in case, but I’m just checking that we’re talking about the same competition/tweet.
    Spoiler:

Because …
    Spoiler:

But I guess you have a different point of view. Unless you’re talking about a different tweet.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm not gonna read the spoiler now obvs as I'm not through it, but will come back to it. 

If you've seen the end then this is roughly what they said...
    Spoiler:
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I gave up at the point at which the captain of the ship' reveals the
    Spoiler:

Hoo-boy, does it ever. I almost turned it off after
    Spoiler:

But by then I was too far gone and had to sit through the
    Spoiler:

When they bill it as 'from the mind of GRRM', was it just completely unfiltered unedited brain farts?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'm not gonna read the spoiler now obvs as I'm not through it, but will come back to it.  If you've seen the end then this is roughly what they said...
    Spoiler:

That’s not quite what they said. You can safely open my first spoiler tag up there, for the actual wording.

Anyway, yeah. I don’t see that as a spoiler at all. But I guess everyone has different opinions on what’s a spoiler and what isn’t. Some people don’t even like knowing running times, eh?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah just re-read it...
    Spoiler:
  • All that does is tell you a certain key character is in it again. Which is also shown in trailers, posters, etc.

I reckon it’s been misinterpreted as a spoiler when it really isn’t. But hey, it’s annoyed a bunch of people anyway.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven't seen posters, haven't watched trailers. I'll watch and come back with a balanced view once I've seen it. Right now I stand by the fact that MS are cunts, but probably for a whole bunch of reasons beyond this :-)
  • The following contains lots of (minor) spoilers for series 3 of Stranger Things, but it’s also pretty much perfect...

• Aw man.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I posted this in the film thread, but it belongs here: Katsuhiro Otomo is making a TV show sequel to Akira, with the Bandai Namco animation studio. That’s all I know about it so far.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I gave up at the point at which the captain of the ship' reveals the
    Spoiler:

Hoo-boy, does it ever. I almost turned it off after
    Spoiler:

But by then I was too far gone and had to sit through the
    Spoiler:

When they bill it as 'from the mind of GRRM', was it just completely unfiltered unedited brain farts?

Lol.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!