The TV you like thread
  • g.man wrote:
    Gonz confirmed as having secret cosplay double life.

It's the only way I can get a stiffy

Cam Wenches
  • They're naked though, I'm the one dressed up as the red baron from Witcher 3 (in reality just a cheap beefeater getup) in order to reach climax
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Solid Christmas Carol take from Knight there. Not very much like Dr.Who at all.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yeah, I can actually see it getting complaints.
    Despite being past the watershed opening with...
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Christmas Carol ep. 1 shows great promise. It certainly sets its stall out from the start.

Enjoyed it immensely.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I like the fleshing out of Marely.
  • Good stuff that wasn’t it?  Impressed there.
  • Marley’s the best thing in it so far.
  • Graham often is the best thing.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The story is well beefed up so far. The original tale is quite slim, and while having no explanations for some things can be good, this is being done whilst maintaining an air of mystery.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Watched the first Witcher. I thought it was fine, I'll definitely watch a few more.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Up to 7 in a day. It's good.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've not played any of the games mind, but I enjoyed the first one.

Question about the first episode
    Spoiler:
  • I've not played any of the games mind, but I enjoyed the first one. Question about the first episode
    Spoiler:
    Yes to the first part, no to the second.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I still don’t know why but I’m still watching TWD. I’m up to the mid season break and it’s all so average. Then you get the one stand out episode. And it’s one of the best I’ve watched in a while and you didn’t think they’d go that way and they surprise you. So you remember why you originally watched the show. I realise I’m in it to the end now.
  • Watched the first Witcher and enjoyed it. You can see the stories they've adapted from the books and kept a nice focus on destiny which is a significant element of the stories - even if they haven't explained the background behind the destiny (yet). Overall good stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    I've not played any of the games mind, but I enjoyed the first one. Question about the first episode
    Spoiler:
    Yes to the first part, no to the second.

Cheers Ian.
  • Watched the first episode of A Christmas Carol. I generally liked it. It’s on a knife edge, as tends to be the case for things so darkly comic.

As an aside, I could have done without the obvious white makeup on Guy Pearce’s face, it’s been a little off-putting in an otherwise enveloping atmosphere.
  • I got used to it but in his first scene I genuinely had a thought that they de-aged him because something was off.

The biggest thing that took me out of it was
    Spoiler:

Still really enjoyed it though. Tone is closer to Taboo than Dr Who.
  • Episode 5 of the Witcher, I think this is amazing. Quite how they did the Last Wish in one episode, and captured both the melancholy and comedic aspects of geralt-yenefer...

Are people watching the same show as me? Cos this is the best fucking fantasy show since, I dunno... I don't know! It's certainly fucking excellent for anyone who sank 40 hours into the witcher 3.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!
  • Episode 5 of the Witcher, I think this is amazing. Quite how they did the Last Wish in one episode, and captured both the melancholy and comedic aspects of geralt-yenefer...

Are people watching the same show as me? Cos this is the best fucking fantasy show since, I dunno... I don't know! It's certainly fucking excellent for anyone who sank 40 hours into the witcher 3.

What about someone who sank 280 hours into it? God, I'm really looking forward to watching this if I ever get the time.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm about to upset someone, but has anyone read the books as well as playing the games? I'd like to know how different they all are, it seems the TV show is more in line with the books but not having read them I can't tell how closely.
    Spoiler:
  • There are books?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    There are books?
    Have been for millennia grem
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    There are books?

The first of which is 99p on kindle today.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    There are books?

The first of which is 99p on kindle today.
    For the record, I knew there were books, but this is helpful.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm about to upset someone, but has anyone read the books as well as playing the games? I'd like to know how different they all are, it seems the TV show is more in line with the books but not having read them I can't tell how closely.
    Spoiler:

I literally said I had read the books earlier. Dandelion"s name is his Polish name.
  • The games are set after the books so they do their own thing but they do have references to the books.
  • I'm about to upset someone, but has anyone read the books as well as playing the games? I'd like to know how different they all are, it seems the TV show is more in line with the books but not having read them I can't tell how closely.
    Spoiler:

They just gave dando his polish name.

The books are ok, the Last Wish in particular

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!