Come with g if you want to live...
  • Maybe I will
    The Forum Herald™
  • Now the dude from
    The Following has turned up!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Omd bbc2 just had an ad for new Inside No. 9, next Monday at 10pm. Looking forward to that.

YES.

YES X 2
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • g.man wrote:
    Jesus, those guys are fucking awful.

WAHT!!!???

Well basically, they're fucking awful.
  • Got to the end of Treadstone last night. What a hot mess. Good action scenes, awful writing. That last episode is utter trash. People turn up in different countries half a scene later. Haircuts disappear between scenes. Clothes that were binned in an earlier episode magically reappear. It’s … bad.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll give that a miss then, as much as I liked the Bourne take on spy stuff.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I’m not a fan of these guys necessarily but they make some valid points that passed me by on my watch of Picard. https://youtu.be/hfQdf93e63I Edit it’s also not just the nitpicking stuff but comments on how Trek the new show is.
    I usually find them quite funny, but also think they tend to go on far too long. This was on point though. TBF, their Trek fanaticism is always funny compared to their cynicism about everything else.
  • I mean the opening was annoying when they where snickering with each other but actually i warmed to it and it's well done as even a non trekky can pick up the obvious short comings with the evidence presented.

I laughed and I watched to the end and I didn't even see Picard. Doubt I will now. Looks shit. In fact looks like it shit all over the NG and the Trek franchise.
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    I’m not a fan of these guys necessarily but they make some valid points that passed me by on my watch of Picard. https://youtu.be/hfQdf93e63I Edit it’s also not just the nitpicking stuff but comments on how Trek the new show is.
    I usually find them quite funny, but also think they tend to go on far too long. This was on point though. TBF, their Trek fanaticism is always funny compared to their cynicism about everything else.

I don’t like over analysis of stuff and I only watched half of it but they do make valid points certainly at the start.
  • I liked the first episode of Picard.

I do find it hard to come to terms with the fact I will never get what I want.

A new next generation.

Set after TNG/DS9/Voy/Nemesis etc.
    Even with the 20 year time jump to today that's fine.

But with Picard (can I write possible spoilers) , there is an implication that the federation is failing back retreating, isolationist etc.... This isn't what I want.

I want similar production values to the 90's and a hopeful Trek.

Of course it's the modern age so things won't look the same, but do we have to have "dynamic" camera angles all the time and dynamic fighting?

I want static cameras and dynamic thinking aboard my starship!!

Wind Waker is a bad game
  • I'm not really sure suggesting Data and Picard are lovers is particularly grounded in evidence.
  • I'm not really sure suggesting Data and Picard are lovers is particularly grounded in evidence.

OK Dante 
    b0r1s wrote:

I enjoyed the cuts between Picard Picard crying over his best pal Data and TNG Picard giving zero fucks about Data.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I’m they did a good job there. Pretty sure the Data Picard lovers was in jest Dante.

I think the nub of it is that both this and before it Discovery push Starfleet in less optimisatic direction. I’ve always liked Star Treks better view of the future and can understand why some people don’t like what is being made now as everything has to be dark.

Edit - I have to add it doesn’t stop me enjoying the shows at all. I’ve for the most part enjoyed Discovery’s mad as bat shit pacing and so far have enjoyed Picard.
    They show plenty of evidence that they dont even have a bond I think they’re Exaggerating for comic effect
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah I’m they did a good job there. Pretty sure the Data Picard lovers was in jest Dante. I think the nub of it is that both this and before it Discovery push Starfleet in less optimisatic direction. I’ve always liked Star Treks better view of the future and can understand why some people don’t like what is being made now as everything has to be dark. Edit - I have to add it doesn’t stop me enjoying the shows at all. I’ve for the most part enjoyed Discovery’s mad as bat shit pacing and so far have enjoyed Picard.
    Discovery reignited my passion for Trek after suffering the dismantling of the whole damn thing with the JJ action erection pictures. A few silly things aside, it felt like proper Trek to me, and even though it's darker than Next Gen and Voyager, it is pretty close in tone to DS9, which was my favourite of all of them. I also LOVE Sonequa Martin Green as Michael Burnham.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Watched the start of Picard.

How the fuck does an android get fat?
  • ... and nobody say, too many microchips.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    ... and nobody say, too many microchips.
    :D
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Silicon implants
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nothing to see here if you haven’t watched the video but it was a weight related joke ...

Or I think the 33 year old show they referred to

Snowflake
    The Forum Herald™
  • Pop some spoiler tags on that, eh Bob?
  • poprock wrote:
    Pop some spoiler tags on that, eh Bob?

Done.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Settling down to watch episode one of The World According to Jeff Goldblum.

Yay
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ooo what is that on again?
  • It’s not. It’s on the high seas...
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahh ok
  • Its quite entertaining in the way that Goldblum always is, its lovely to see a grown man take such enjoyment and wonder in life.
  • It will be forever a point of pride with me that I helped launch the love of Goldblum... :)

Now, I am going to watch True Detective, Season One, which would be very high up my list for favourite TV shows. Noir as fuck.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!