Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    XOMuggins wrote:
    First couple of Next Gen are pretty bad too tbf.

IIRC Season 3 of TNG was one of its most acclaimed seasons whereas Season 3 of Voyager is still largely pretty lame with Season 4 being the first good season.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Season 2 of TNG is fine too, and the thing with TNG is it has a stronger cast of characters over all IMO.

Janeway is good but she's not as immediately appealing as Picard and the situationt hey're in never makes the marquis thing seem like it's ever going to have any real friction.

Lots of dubious Chakotay spirit guide shite early on, and he's just a bit bland overal.

B'ellana is great, I like her a lot and she's the best erxample of good friction vis a vis the Marquis .

Tom Paris is also great, man's hilarious but has a good story too.

Harry Kim is pure beige, he gets all the worst parts of La Forge to deal with - all that shite about women, fucking miserable stuff, embrassing to watch.

Tuvok is OK. He's not a patch on Odo or Worf as a security officer with issues. Some of the stuff he has with Janeway is quite good, and I love a good expressionless Tuvok response but overall he lacks the impact.

The Doctor is the MVP, he saves the show every episode he's in. Love him to bits, up tehre with the best of Star Trek IMO.

Kes is weak early on but when she gets long hair and gets rid of Neelix she is at least fairly interesting on occaision.

Neelix is... Neelix.
  • Whereas for TNG and DS9 I'd struggle to name a weak link character. Maybe Wes in TNG?
  • Voyager also had the least annoying child character too.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I think Wesley's shit is largely overexagerated. When he leaves for Starfleet the episodes are in tend to be good IMO.
  • Am watching The Virtues again, already started welling up. Best TV or even film I've seen in I don't know how long. Stephen Graham is a national treasure.
  • So it turns out I’ve only watched the first and the most recent series of inside number 9. Been catching up. 12 days of Christine. Damn.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yeah as mentioned I rewatched that one last week.
    It gets you right in the feels.
  • It's why I pay the TV licence.
  • Edit: Wrong thread
  • Inside No.9 and The Virtues.  TOP TV.
  • It was just as good second time round, watched it all in one sitting, excellent.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Watched the first 2 episodes of Picard and enjoying it. Weird hearing swearing in Star Trek. :)

I enjoyed classic and TNG though when it comes to TNG there are bits I ignored like holo deck focussed episodes etc. I also enjoyed most of the films. All the other stuff - Voyager, DS9 etc - I have ignored.

But I thought I'd give this a go. So far so good though 2 feels a bit clunky like they are trying to fit too much into one episode.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You haven’t missed a lot by ignoring DS9 and Voyager.

2 felt like exposition overload. And the secret...
    Spoiler:

Felt stupidly unnecessary.
  • I caught up with the final episode of The Good Place yesterday. I thought this final season wasn’t as strong as the first couple, but that finale deserves to rank prominently in tedious “best final episodes” debates for a long time. Nigh on perfect.
  • davyK wrote:
    Watched the first 2 episodes of Picard and enjoying it. Weird hearing swearing in Star Trek.

Yeah, I don't like it. Especially if it's aliens. Swear in your made up language.
  • You see, Farscape was excellent at that kind of thing:

Frell!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • tin_robot wrote:
    I caught up with the final episode of The Good Place yesterday. I thought this final season wasn’t as strong as the first couple, but that finale deserves to rank prominently in tedious “best final episodes” debates for a long time. Nigh on perfect.

Yeah I liked it. Was emotional but completely understandable why the characters were doing what they were doing... Great end.

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    I caught up with the final episode of The Good Place yesterday. I thought this final season wasn’t as strong as the first couple, but that finale deserves to rank prominently in tedious “best final episodes” debates for a long time. Nigh on perfect.

It felt like it ran to four seasons because they just couldn't justify doing a normal American length of like six seasons or whatever but I think it would have turned out better if they'd trimmed it down to three seasons... or perhaps even less. Hard to moan too much when it ended well though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Watched the first 2 episodes of Picard and enjoying it. Weird hearing swearing in Star Trek.

Yeah, I don't like it. Especially if it's aliens. Swear in your made up language.

It kind of worked in Discovery which was a brasher more youthful show. It stands out like a sore thumb in Picard.
  • I watched Ep.2 of Picard then...
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Have those two fat geeks done another review?
    The Forum Herald™
  • g.man wrote:
    I watched Ep.2 of Picard then... 
    Spoiler:
  • g.man wrote:
    I watched Ep.2 of Picard then...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Picard Episode 2
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Or if …
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    maybe the real story is: you all hate 90-something-year-olds for no reason???
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They aren't even babyboomers (yet), leave them alone!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!