Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Now you get to watch the behind the scenes stuff Davy, which is great

Aye. That rabbit hole opened up when I finished it.

Will watch at some point if for no other reason than to seek opportunities to continue admiring Gina Carano.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • JonB wrote:
    Giri/Haji (Duty/Shame) on Netflix. Just finished and it was great stuff. Surprisingly funny in places too.

It’s brilliant isn’t it? Contender for best TV show of 2019 for me.
  • Definitely. High quality, entertaining and great to see something that's just a bit different.
  • I copied you two and started this too.  It’s great and the two leads are brill.  Can’t believe I ignored it initially.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Brendan Gleeson as Trump in an upcoming Showtime miniseries about Comey. If anyone can pull it off, it's Gleeson.
    trumpgleeson-696x442.jpg
  • Not fat enough
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I always wonder how it feels to be an actor who gets cast because you resemble something undesirable.
  • I always wonder how it feels to be an actor who gets cast because you resemble something undesirable.
    I often think this about the kids that get cast as the fat/ugly/comic relief character in various kids tv shows...especially all the American ones my kids watch that all have a similar formula of 'beautiful' leads with some misfits as pals
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Finished S1 of Dark.  Superb.  It’s like the love child of Twin Peaks and Lost.  Major props to sound design and score; beautiful, otherworldly stuff.  Onto S2, then.
    Get schwifty.
  • It’s extremely clever. The first five episodes were pretentious mess but it earns it back and shows it wasn’t pretentious.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Watching Season 5 of Line of Duty and I'm struck by the contrast between it and American cop shows. "Would you mind terribly if I arrested you? Sorry about that".

"Tell us what you know!", "No", "Dammit, he's got us bang to rights, nothing we can do".

And this "ma'am" thing they always say makes me laugh. It sounds like Mom.

"We have to investigate Hastings' mom". You what?

Apart from that Season 5 is ok, if a bit convoluted. One episode left.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still enjoyable stuff, but I found series 5 seems to have too much signalling for the big bad. Are they? Aren’t they? It was better in the earlier series when stuff just hit you. My favourite British drama by a long shot though.
  • We’ve started rewatching Life on Mars, since it’s turned up on Netflix. It’s still great.
  • Kow wrote:
    Watching Season 5 of Line of Duty and I'm struck by the contrast between it and American cop shows. "Would you mind terribly if I arrested you? Sorry about that".

"Tell us what you know!", "No", "Dammit, he's got us bang to rights, nothing we can do".

And this "ma'am" thing they always say makes me laugh. It sounds like Mom.

"We have to investigate Hastings' mom". You what?

Apart from that Season 5 is ok, if a bit convoluted. One episode left.

American cop shows are now being called out for showing cops basically breaking the law/regulations but it not mattering because they get the criminal. For example in an episode of Brooklyn 99 they detain a guy for 48 hours on a hunch, while frantically searching for actual evidence he did it.

It's good to have shows detailing what the reality would be
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • poprock wrote:
    We’ve started rewatching Life on Mars, since it’s turned up on Netflix. It’s still great.

I never watched it when it first came on so it's on my list
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Gene Hunt is one of the greatest comic creations of the past 20 years.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Watching Season 5 of Line of Duty and I'm struck by the contrast between it and American cop shows. "Would you mind terribly if I arrested you? Sorry about that". "Tell us what you know!", "No", "Dammit, he's got us bang to rights, nothing we can do". And this "ma'am" thing they always say makes me laugh. It sounds like Mom. "We have to investigate Hastings' mom". You what? Apart from that Season 5 is ok, if a bit convoluted. One episode left.
    American cop shows are now being called out for showing cops basically breaking the law/regulations but it not mattering because they get the criminal. For example in an episode of Brooklyn 99 they detain a guy for 48 hours on a hunch, while frantically searching for actual evidence he did it. It's good to have shows detailing what the reality would be

I think that might actually be the American reality, judging by the news these last few weeks-
  • There was the episode where a policeman planted drugs on a guy and the end of the episode was the policeman, Jake and Boyle having a jolly sing song.
  • With regards to series 5 of line of duty
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    With regards to series 5 of line of duty
    Spoiler:

Unless
    Spoiler:
  • There was the episode where a policeman planted drugs on a guy and the end of the episode was the policeman, Jake and Boyle having a jolly sing song.

The policeman that they have just arrested, yes.
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty
    The Forum Herald™
  • Do we know anything about this pretzel guy?
    Come with g if you want to live...

The policeman that they have just arrested, yes.

While true isn’t the whole business around this partly about how chummy cops remain even after they’ve been reprimanded.

• g.man wrote:
    Do we know anything about this pretzel guy?

It's my favourite line from Seinfeld and I've been using it all the time. I even bought some pretzels and they did make me thirsty.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Such a good scene :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Finished s1 of Americans finally. Great.

Second season on Mrs maisel is still fantastic.

Just a top tier show.

Half way through mandalorian. It's enjoyable for what it is.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Daughter no.1 has given me BluRay of original Das Boot mini series for Father's Day. Saw the much reduced film many moons ago so looking forward to this.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Wait what? The German sub movie? It was a mini series?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Type German sub movie into google.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!