The TV you like thread
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Type German sub movie into google.
  • I've never seen Das Boot, quite fancy it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Wait what? The German sub movie? It was a mini series?

Yes. They edited it down and also realised a movie. Fun fact I did both dvd covers.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The full series is a great watch.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • We’ve just finished episode 7 of Giri/Haji. Firstly woof. Secondly. Double woof.

The show feels like it’s gone completely off the rails with some of the ridiculousness.
    Spoiler:

Having said that it’s incredibly tense and stressful so well done for that if that was the intent.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m just about to start 8 too and it has got a bit ridiculous but still good.

The bit that got to me was
    Spoiler:
  • In exactly the same place, just ep8 to go. For me it was spoilt by the cartoony cliche London gangster and the cartoony cliche gay guy. But it’s improved over time, I’m mainly finding the Japan-set stuff more satisfying than London, as I’d thought it would be. Except for god-tier Kelly MacDonald, who is always brilliant.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Type German sub movie into google.

hahahahaha, love you
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    In exactly the same place, just ep8 to go. For me it was spoilt by the cartoony cliche London gangster and the cartoony cliche gay guy. But it’s improved over time, I’m mainly finding the Japan-set stuff more satisfying than London, as I’d thought it would be. Except for god-tier Kelly MacDonald, who is always brilliant.

Not watched the final episode yet, but I’d love to watch a spin-off with...
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah they were badass.
  • Girl/haji was finished last night and I don’t know what to make of it tbh.  At times brilliant, at others what were they thinking levels of stink.  Worth watching and I loved all the main character performances but some of the plotting was beyond shite and the dialogue could veer from great to terrible within the same scene.  It was just so uneven.
    I agree with the idea of
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I think that’s fair. I enjoyed it all though even though there were too many plot conveniences. Gonna give a solid 8/10.

Let’s petition Netflix to get my spin-off commissioned :-)
  • I think the bit where it really started to loose me was the main character getting involved 
    Spoiler:
    Yeah lads, I’ll join in.  No worries.

And then carrying on as if this were a normal thing for overseas policemen to do and was also, in no fucking way at all, entirely at odds with his character up to this point and narratively fucking bonkers.
  • Community is hitting my feel good comedy itch.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Season 2 of Dark done.  Loved it, though that final scene dices with shark-jumping.  Really looking forward to season three later this week, but in the meantime have started season three of The Sinner.  Grumpy, gravelly Bill Pullman is best Bill Pullman.  Brilliant so far.
    Get schwifty.
  • There was the episode where a policeman planted drugs on a guy and the end of the episode was the policeman, Jake and Boyle having a jolly sing song.

The policeman that they have just arrested, yes.

While true isn’t the whole business around this partly about how chummy cops remain even after they’ve been reprimanded.

This may suprise you, but B99 isn't a documentary series.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Dark s3 this week? Oh yeah.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah, but Giri/Haji lads …
    Spoiler:

I mean, the absolutely massive balls on the producers to have done that. Just amazing.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So when that happened I was expecting full on...
    Spoiler:
  • Facewon wrote:
    Dark s3 this week? Oh yeah.

I’m in. I’m also delighted it’s the final season as if the whole thing was planned properly.

• Nice.
  • Also, Yay re das boot. Nabbed the OG and the 2018 series.
  • OG Das Boot is an all timer.
  • It really is. Long time since I've watched the whole thing, but the OG series is absolutely the way to go.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    It really is. Long time since I've watched the whole thing, but the OG series is absolutely the way to go.

I think it may be the first TV series that would have fallen into the current classification of 'must watch binge TV'. I clearly remember my dad and his friends talking about it constantly.
  • Space Force has grown on me.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Exactly the same Ninja. I have laughed only once through 10 episodes though and there is some absolute shite in there but I’m enjoying the side characters. The captain, Malkovich and his daughter are all the bits I’m enjoying. I’d be amazed if it gets another season though.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Exactly the same Ninja. I have laughed only once through 10 episodes though and there is some absolute shite in there but I’m enjoying the side characters. The captain, Malkovich and his daughter are all the bits I’m enjoying. I’d be amazed if it gets another season though.
    that line about the flossing got me proper laughing. Malkovich is brilliant.as is Jin Yang from Silicon valley.and the daughter.and kudrow. Yep the supporting characters make it

http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!