The TV you like thread
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    Speaking of shitty endings, have any of you ever heard how Byker Grove ended?  I only found out a few days ago and it's weird as fuck.

Fucking what?
  • Dinosaurs, Aliens, Zombies, existentialism, the list is practically endless. Whatever you can think of off the top of your head, it's pretty much guaranteed to be in that episode.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, I'm imagining Ant and Dec breaking free from a bunch of Mackems who have taken them to their strange planet before discovering a half buried Angel of the North in a hillside. NOOOOOOOO
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Seinfeld S3 has popped up on Prime.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Speaking of shitty endings, have any of you ever heard how Byker Grove ended?  I only found out a few days ago and it's weird as fuck.
    Go on...

If you haven't Googled it already.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Season 3 came out last year...

Ah season 3 is what I was thinking of! Got confused.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • davyK wrote:
    Seinfeld S3 has popped up on Prime.

It’s all on channel 4 for for free
    The Forum Herald™
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Go on...
    Amazing.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Go on...
    Amazing.

Why are we only hearing of this now?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Watchmen done. Brilliant.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Was season 2 of Ozark supposed to be good or a bit of a slow filler season before the 3rd? I'm pretty sure people enjoyed the 3rd one, but I'm not sure about the 2nd.

We're a couple episodes in and it's not doing much for me yet. Enjoyed the 1st season though.

I liked season 2, not quite as good as the first but I enjoyed it.
  • I bounced off s2 when it released, found it boring aye. The praise for s3 in here made me go back and blitz it though, still found it a slog but it was worth getting through for s3, which is better.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Watchmen done. Brilliant.

Face knows
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You know nothing, Face Won.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I watched the first two eps of Watchmen. Haven’t really felt compelled to go back to it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I bounced off s2 when it released, found it boring aye. The praise for s3 in here made me go back and blitz it though, still found it a slog but it was worth getting through for s3, which is better.
    This is what I was afraid of. I have no problem pushing through a second season to get to something better, but it's hard enough to convince B to watch a second season of something, so we'll have to see if we get to the third of this. At least his brothers also commented on how good three was, so we'll see.

I still can't believe that he still hasn't started the second season of Mad Men, but did watch the second season of Sorted Altered Carbon.

• Finished Little Fires Everywhere, which I keep on wanting to call Little Big Lies.  Was good for the most part, interesting way of revealing characters and motivation.  Reese Witherspoon definitely does a good ideal upper middle class wife and mother that completely unravels with a small nudge in the right direction.  

Ending was shit though.  

poprock wrote:
    Finished The Sinner s3 last night. Felt like more of a masochist than Harry Ambrose himself by the end of it. Utter shit. Don’t bother with it lads. (Is this the biggest quality drop in a TV show ever? Season one was outstanding. Two was okay. This was awful.)

Yeah... I wanted to like S3 but I just couldn't gel with the not-Harry main character.  I'm not sure if it's because in the first two they were women and the near obsessive relationships made more sense with that dynamic.  Or the fact that the motivations of the not-Harry man just aren't mature.  At one point near the end, both me and other half burst out laughing at the teenager-ish nihilism.  He just seemed really shallow.  

Nina wrote:
    Was season 2 of Ozark supposed to be good or a bit of a slow filler season before the 3rd? I'm pretty sure people enjoyed the 3rd one, but I'm not sure about the 2nd. We're a couple episodes in and it's not doing much for me yet. Enjoyed the 1st season though.

I tried to watch S3 but that fizzled away because I could't remember anything from S2.  Will have to do a recap and start S3 again.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Watchmen done. Brilliant.

It's superb.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • So no Community love then? You are all dead inside.
  • We’ve got to episode 4 of I may destroy you. Utterly depressing.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    So no Community love then? You are all dead inside.
    I have love for community, especially first few seasons. gets a bit patchy in later ones but still has it's moments.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nina wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I bounced off s2 when it released, found it boring aye. The praise for s3 in here made me go back and blitz it though, still found it a slog but it was worth getting through for s3, which is better.
    This is what I was afraid of. I have no problem pushing through a second season to get to something better, but it's hard enough to convince B to watch a second season of something, so we'll have to see if we get to the third of this. At least his brothers also commented on how good three was, so we'll see.

I still can't believe that he still hasn't started the second season of Mad Men, but did watch the second season of Sorted Altered Carbon.

When I say blitzed it I really mean blitzed it as well, think I watched it all over two or three days, 5 episodes on one of those days. Lockdown eh. If I was doing an ep a night I don't think I'd have made it.
  • On the topic, I see a fourth and final season of Ozark has been announced.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Finished season three of Dark last night.  I was mildly discombobulated for much of it.  The show’s creators must be congratulated for the sheer ambition of their bizarre story, but the final season ended up being the weakest, I think.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I remember the original series of Talking Heads and have started watching the modern remakes.

Bennett really is rather good isn't he? He's particularly good at dialogue for women. He must have absorbed an awful lot of that as a kid listening to his mother and her cohorts. :)

Have only watched a couple of these new ones and they are excellent stuff.

iPlayer.
  • They're on my list to watch for sure, I enjoy a good monologue. My mum was raving about them down the phone to me the other night.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The talent is top tier too. Imelda Staunton in the first.
  • We’ve got to episode 4 of I may destroy you. Utterly depressing.

I toyed with warning you, but couldn't figure out a way to do it that didn't feel spoilery. Devastating stuff. I found it much harder than episode 1.  If it helps, the next one feels different in tone (if still hardly unicorns and rainbows...)
  • I don’t know
    Spoiler:
  • Creators of Westworld teaming up with Amazon Studios for a.... Fallout TV show.

https://twitter.com/AmazonStudios/status/1278733996357111808?s=19

Oh. Okay. Um..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!