The TV you like thread
  • Yeah, have been downloading. 7 eps are up on the high seas. is that all?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    8th one just came out.
  • Loved the Queens gambit
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Second season of Bosch is much better.

Its still only an average show, but it's raised it level so I'm actually looking forward to watch next eps and charge through.

When's expanse s5 due?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Carrying on with Truth Seekers. I'm enjoying it though it's not in your face great. The support cast is the most amusing bit of it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Finished the first season of The Leftovers last night. Some standout episodes, but... clearly gonna have to carry on in blind faith for this one.
  • davyK wrote:
    Carrying on with Truth Seekers. I'm enjoying it though it's not in your face great. The support cast is the most amusing bit of it.

Three episodes in.  Nick Frost is a giant hot-water bottle of comfort to me so it's fine.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Finished the first season of The Leftovers last night. Some standout episodes, but... clearly gonna have to carry on in blind faith for this one.

Let’s talk at the end :)

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Zenimation on Disney+
    I'm not sure this really achieves the Zen lime feeling they are aiming for but it is a brilliant exploration of the technical achievements of Disney's artists.

The shows are a selection of clips from various Disney movies on a theme. For example the first episode is Sea. However they aren't always taken from chilled moments within those movies, in fact they are often the opposite. The sound is changed to have a consistent theme while picking up various sound effects stems for context.

The cuts are also quite quick.

I like the show, it is stunning and could only really exist on Disney+, it just doesn't achieve what it sets out to do.
  • Just started watching Chernobyl. Holy shit.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Late to the party. Well, I say party...
  • I've put off watching it for ages. God it's grim.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Just started watching Chernobyl. Holy shit Great balls of fire.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I liked it when the Chopper crashed into the Chimney.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    After enjoying the first series of The OA I decided to give the second a go even though I knew it had been canned. And it was a struggle at first, but there are some great ideas in there around reality. Think it could have grown into something good. Shame it got axed with a lot of unanswered questions.
  • Whacked on s31 of The Simpsons.
    Heard it had picked up from unwatchable back to background noise.

Its so boring.
    I follow an Instagram page worstsimpsonsfaces. Its is all screen grabs of mid animation frames (inbetweens)where they look odd, it is a hangover from hand drawn animation. Every post is early seasons back when we all liked it.

In comparison this new season, the characters don't do anything. They are static until they deliver a line. Then that animation is all vector computer animation so misses those weird inbetweens.

Its all so flat.

Sorry I know we have done Simpsons is shit many times before.
  • Framing as well. So flat and static.

Also Smithers and Marge sound odd. I think both are the same voice artists but I guess 30 years of hurt.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    After enjoying the first series of The OA I decided to give the second a go even though I knew it had been canned. And it was a struggle at first, but there are some great ideas in there around reality. Think it could have grown into something good. Shame it got axed with a lot of unanswered questions.

It's the most batshit show I've ever seen. It's like a TV producer had a nervous breakdown after being harassed or something, went to a yoga retreat, and then to keep the harassment quiet the TV company said ok we'll do your batshit show. "I want total creative control", done. The result, is peak hipster shite, only it's so shite it's actually good.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You're not wrong Gonz, but I think it had a great seed of an idea that obviously needed someone to say no to Brit at times. God knows who she knows in the industry, but she obviously has the ability to sell her vision to people. I notice Brad Pitt on the exec producers list.

I think it was probably that final scene at the end of Season 2 when Netflix went... nah fuck this. TBH, I'm not sure where she could have gone with it.

Still, I think there needs to be space for people to deliver bat shit weird, even if it fails.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The OA is the worst tv series ever. So bad it's embarrassing to watch.
  • Have been watching Counterpart on the recommendation of @Face

Very good but an unfortunate victim of not being on one of the main streaming services. Found out it was cancelled because the audience was considered too 'male'. Hmm.
  • I loved the OA. 

Finished Trial4, they really drag these things out towards the end which is disappointing. Could've been done in about 6 eps. 

Near (I think) the end of the first season of Ozarks which i'm watching with my gf. It's really good. I like that some of it is actually funny, reminds me a bit of Banshee in that respect. I've heard that the first season is the worst and that it picks up pace more from now on. Excited. 

Also watching Boy Meets World on Disney with my daughter which is pretty decent even by todays standards.
  • kestla wrote:
    Have been watching Counterpart on the recommendation of @Face Very good but an unfortunate victim of not being on one of the main streaming services. Found out it was cancelled because the audience was considered too 'male'. Hmm.

That's interesting that it was cancelled. Doesn't feel like it needed more or is incomplete.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They'll always find more if people are watching. The gf couldn't get into it at all so we didn't get past the first two episodes. So maybe they're right.
  • My missus is enjoying it. Science.
  • Anyone watching Dark Materials s2? They’re putting UHD episodes on iPlayer for those wot have that option. Didn’t notice the option until this week, but it did look lovely. I think they’ve got all previous eps in 4K on there too.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Facewon wrote:
    kestla wrote:
    Have been watching Counterpart on the recommendation of @Face Very good but an unfortunate victim of not being on one of the main streaming services. Found out it was cancelled because the audience was considered too 'male'. Hmm.

That's interesting that it was cancelled. Doesn't feel like it needed more or is incomplete.

Yeah, I read that it ends well, so still feels complete in its own right, which is good to hear.

My missus has also enjoyed it, so that's two!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Watched the first 2 episodes of High Score on Netflix and disappointed - I learned nothing so I was getting a bit bored... Anyhow - next episode seems to be going into territory I have little knowledge of which is the rise of the adventure game.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    8 episodes into season 4 of Fargo and it continues to not get better. I've gone this far I guess, but it's deathly dull and has no sense of any kind to it. Chris Rock is totally miscast and Jason Schwartzman shouldn't be allowed on tv.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!