The TV you like thread
  • At least I have this.
  • Is nobody else watching Soulmates on Amazon, then? I can’t recommend it enough. Delivers so much more than I expected from it.

For fans of Black Mirror, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, all that sort of thing. Each episode totally different to the last, it covers romance, comedy, thriller, crime, and more. You like Succession? Sarah Snook takes her typecasting as Shiv and throws it for a loop in episode one. You like Gone Girl? Watch David Costabile (Wags from Billions) in episode two and try to figure out whose side you’re on. Fan of The Sinner? You’ll dig Malin Ackerman and Charlie Heaton getting drawn into a cult in episode five.

I recommend going in cold, but if you need a trailer here one is:
  • It does sound like my bag, but the 5.7 on IMDb put me off last time you mentioned it. I’ve got so much other stuff to get through it doesn’t seem worth getting into.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Sleeper hit, mark my words.
  • Marked.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I was surprised by it. Big budget, high production values, star cast, yet zero hype.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Soulmates is next after I finish The Queen’s Gambit.
    Get schwifty.
  • Funko pop may have just dropped a plot spoily bollock with one of their new Wandavision bobble head toys.

Woops.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Five years ago...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Sleeper hit, mark my words.

Just watched the first episode. When it opened with the premise I raised eyebrows and thought mmm a bit cheesy, but, it very cleverly handles something I’m sure a lot of people have felt.
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finished Your Honor last night and I'd definitely recommend it. Very good turns from Bryan Cranston and Michael Stuhlbarg. Kept the tension ramped up right to the end and manages to keep the web of lies coherent.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    On BritBox at the mo' (wouldn't recommend it). Have discovered the best TV theme tune ever.
  • Really enjoying The Umbrella Academy season 1 at the moment, it's very moreish.

Also watched episode 8 of Succession last night, the one in the night club - fucking brilliant. Cuntishness is intensifying.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow wrote:
    Finished Your Honor last night and I'd definitely recommend it. Very good turns from Bryan Cranston and Michael Stuhlbarg. Kept the tension ramped up right to the end and manages to keep the web of lies coherent.

On my watch list but have to obtain it so has been bumped down in favour of (The?) Patriot on Prime.  Only watched the first episode but I'm liking its style so far.  Appearances by Billy from Ally McBeal, Red from That 70s Show, John Locke from Lost were all little squeal moments.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    On BritBox at the mo' (wouldn't recommend it). Have discovered the best TV theme tune ever.

Barry Gray was the Don.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I’ll massively echo the points in here about Parks and Rec being a bit rubbish for 6 episodes but then becomes genuinely brilliant in series 2. What changes? I can’t put my finger on it. Anyway, loving it, thanks for the posts in here raising the series 1 issue, helped me persevere.
    GT: Knight640
  • The first season was a test really from Greg Daniels to see if they could replicate the US Office formula. Much like it got let off the leash from S2 onwards, it was the same for P&R. More, better writers, cast expansion, all pretty similar between the two shows.
  • Knight wrote:
    I’ll massively echo the points in here about Parks and Rec being a bit rubbish for 6 episodes but then becomes genuinely brilliant in series 2. What changes? I can’t put my finger on it. Anyway, loving it, thanks for the posts in here raising the series 1 issue, helped me persevere.
    i think the difference was that S1 is a bit cruel - Leslie does her best but gets shat on regardless, that seems to be the joke.
    from s2 i think it tweaks so it's more she creates her own chaos and problems (despite best intentions), so you can laugh along as she digs her own hole then tries to get out. plus the others became more part of the crew rather than just obstacles causing her problems.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Knight wrote:
    I’ll massively echo the points in here about Parks and Rec being a bit rubbish for 6 episodes but then becomes genuinely brilliant in series 2. What changes? I can’t put my finger on it. Anyway, loving it, thanks for the posts in here raising the series 1 issue, helped me persevere.
    i think the difference was that S1 is a bit cruel - Leslie does her best but gets shat on regardless, that seems to be the joke. from s2 i think it tweaks so it's more she creates her own chaos and problems (despite best intentions), so you can laugh along as she digs her own hole then tries to get out. plus the others became more part of the crew rather than just obstacles causing her problems.

yeah I think that's it, she goes from being the outsider to the insider and you go with her on that journey

TREAT YO'SELF
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Barry Gray was the Don.

I had the space interceptor in Dinky toy form. Fired its rocket and all that. :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I had the space interceptor in Dinky toy form. Fired its rocket and all that. :)
    It's a strange show. More adult than thunderbirds, but still trying to sell toys to kids.
  • Loved it when I was a kid. Had both the Dinky Toys space interceptor, and the shado 2 mobile rocket van thingy. Awesome toys.
  • At the risk of making Gav roll his eyes with despair - those of you watching WandaVision should note that those ridiculously long credits now have a (not terribly exciting) bonus scene in them...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Loved it when I was a kid. Had both the Dinky Toys space interceptor, and the shado 2 mobile rocket van thingy. Awesome toys.

My mate had the mobile rocket van.

Anderson stuff is great. I had the Joe 90 car and Thunderbird 2.  I didn't really go for TV or film licenced stuff as a kid bit I lapped these up.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • On BritBox at the mo' (wouldn't recommend it). Have discovered the best TV theme tune ever.

Joe90 has words for you

• davyK wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Loved it when I was a kid. Had both the Dinky Toys space interceptor, and the shado 2 mobile rocket van thingy. Awesome toys.

My mate had the mobile rocket van.

Anderson stuff is great. I had the Joe 90 car and Thunderbird 2.  I didn't really go for TV or film licenced stuff as a kid bit I lapped these up.
    Yup. Had both of those...and the Spectrum Patrol Vehicle from Captain Scarlet.
    Last one was probably the Eagle from Space 1999. :)

• Erm gas anyone seen ep 7 of wandavision

I am not convinced thats the real answer
    PSN - minkymu
  • Haven’t seen it so please don’t go spoiling it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Erm gas anyone seen ep 7 of wandavision

I am not convinced thats the real answer

So what I’m hoping is...
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!